Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

I found a dead Uber driver.

3K views 59 replies 26 participants last post by  Christinebitg 
#1 ·
I was driving through an area some distance from home and stopped at a remote gravel lot off the interstate where there was a food truck. When I pulled in I noticed a car with Uber and Lyft stickers. Its lights were on but no one appeared to be in it. I hoped the driver would get back before the battery died.

I parked a few cars away (this seemed to be an unofficial commuter lot) and went about my business making some calls and checking email. About 20 minutes later I walked over to the food truck to get a soda. I didn't pay attention to the car until on my way back to mine. As I walked past it I noticed through the back window what appeared to be someone reaching from the back seat to the front. It looked odd.

There was room enough on the passenger side for me to pull in so I got my car and moved it next to that one. When I got out of my car and looked into the passenger window I was quite sure there was a dead person in there. I called 911.

I pulled out and away from the car and waited. When the first deputy arrived he approached the car with his firearm out. He holstered it after looking in the driver window and tried the door. Both driver side doors were locked. He went around to the passenger side and opened the rear door. He gasped, slammed the door, turned, and gagging, moved off 10 to 15 feet and threw up. I knew then for sure there was a body in the car.

The cops interviewed me and I never found out much. A deputy just told me it didn't look like violence. Maybe a drug overdose.

Thoughts and compassion out to the family and friends of this person.

See less See more
#32 · (Edited)
Article states that the red brick building with bad paint USED to be tourist information center.
Judging by peeling paint and age of Permanent POP CORN SIGN i would say 8-12 years ago.( conservative . probably 15+)
Still.
Tourist Info sites are placed in high traffic areas.

Well . . . YOU are a Suspect. . . until all coroners reports come back in.
Uber on.

( what were you doing in the area again ?)

( also body discovered officially after noon. Photographs taken around 1:30 p.m. STILL FOGGY. deputies wearing jackets, cool front came through. Fog from body of water residual heat pictured across road. Temps were not HIGH enough for the body to smell in LESS than 3 days !)

Attachments

#37 ·
All cars have Reclining front seats now. And Small back seats. Where was his phone. Why was he reaching ?

Perhaps there was a second body and a murder/suicide was in place?
Could of shit himself and threw up a few times from a overdose as well. Which would lead to a nasty smell.
I don't feel bad for junkies at all. Boo @@@@ing hoo they die from a overdose. They know the risk.
" perhaps" his Last " pax" drove around with him in the trunk for 3 days . . .

Perhaps last " pax" was checking his " cut" on new shipment of drugs. And discovered it was. Too " "hot" and needed to be cut more.
College just started down the road last week . .
According to article below this one.

#34 ·
Perhaps there was a second body and a murder/suicide was in place?
Could of shit himself and threw up a few times from a overdose as well. Which would lead to a nasty smell.
I don't feel bad for junkies at all. Boo ****ing hoo they die from a overdose. They know the risk.

#40 ·
He also could've been diabetic who needed insulin. The cop may have seen a needle and thought an OD. He could have been laying in the back seat because he didn't feel good, and then was reaching for his insulin and/or phone to call for help.

RIP driver.
Needs Investigation.
Not to be swept under the rug to save on " budget".

#45 ·
I was driving through an area some distance from home and stopped at a remote gravel lot off the interstate where there was a food truck. When I pulled in I noticed a car with Uber and Lyft stickers. Its lights were on but no one appeared to be in it. I hoped the driver would get back before the battery died.

I parked a few cars away (this seemed to be an unofficial commuter lot) and went about my business making some calls and checking email. About 20 minutes later I walked over to the food truck to get a soda. I didn't pay attention to the car until on my way back to mine. As I walked past it I noticed through the back window what appeared to be someone reaching from the back seat to the front. It looked odd.

There was room enough on the passenger side for me to pull in so I got my car and moved it next to that one. When I got out of my car and looked into the passenger window I was quite sure there was a dead person in there. I called 911.

I pulled out and away from the car and waited. When the first deputy arrived he approached the car with his firearm out. He holstered it after looking in the driver window and tried the door. Both driver side doors were locked. He went around to the passenger side and opened the rear door. He gasped, slammed the door, turned, and gagging, moved off 10 to 15 feet and threw up. I knew then for sure there was a body in the car.

The cops interviewed me and I never found out much. A deputy just told me it didn't look like violence. Maybe a drug overdose.

Thoughts and compassion out to the family and friends of this person.
Wow, sad story whatever happened. Hope it wasn't foul play.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.