• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

I dumped her Shit on the sidewalk!

OldBay

Picked up a young woman named "shanice" at 7am from her job at an elder care facility. She had several large bags filled with food. Smelled of body odor and curry.

The Lyft trip had one stop at a 7-11. It was front side of rush hour so I figured "why not", good karma for later trips. Usually would push back, but it was early and she seemed somewhat sociable.

Pull up at 7-11 and start my stopwatch. Dont see her for a good while, but I'm anchored with her bags. Several cars come and go while I'm waiting. Wtf...

At 7 minutes, I get out and look into the 7-11 and see shes not even in line. At 9 minutes I grab all her shit and dump it on the curb and cancel the trip.

Then it dawns on me, why does this young woman have several bags of groceries after leaving her night shift at the elder care facility? Duh, It was stolen food. AND she stole 25 minutes of my time.

R3drang3r

Picked up a young woman named "shanice" at 7am from her job at an elder care facility. She had several large bags filled with food. Smelled of body odor and curry.

The Lyft trip had one stop at a 7-11. It was front side of rush hour so I figured "why not", good karma for later trips. Usually would push back, but it was early and she seemed somewhat sociable.

Pull up at 7-11 and start my stopwatch. Dont see her for a good while, but I'm anchored with her bags. Several cars come and go while I'm waiting. Wtf...

At 7 minutes, I get out and look into the 7-11 and see shes not even in line. At 9 minutes I grab all her shit and dump it on the curb and cancel the trip.

Then it dawns on me, why does this young woman have several bags of groceries after leaving her night shift at the elder care facility? Duh, It was stolen food. AND she stole 25 minutes of my time.
Ubelievable, 9 minutes of just wandering about the store. What are these people thinking? Total lack of respect for your time.

Cold Fusion

Wonkytonk

Uber and Lyft need to just knock off the shiz and either eliminate stops from the platforms or charge riders a dollar a minute for wait times.

Riders do not honor the time limits. I have not had one mid-ride stop yet that has honored the three minute timeline whether I bring it up or not, and they all receive notice of the timeline by the platforms. And worse yet those same riders abusing both the platform, and driver's time, down rate drivers for ending the rides after the specified time of which they have been notified, and yet even worse there are so many habitual repeat offenders.

You want us to wait a half hour for you to do your shopping; fine than pay us fairly for the chauffeur level of service you're expecting but not for which you're willing to pay.

Even if riders did honor the wait time the pay is simply not sufficient to justify the wait for drivers. It's completely lopsided crazely in the favor of riders, and Uber and Lyft. It's complete BeeEss, and Uber and Lyft need to put a stop to it.

tohunt4me

Post automatically merged:

Uber and Lyft need to just knock off the shiz and either eliminate stops from the platforms or charge riders a dollar a minute for wait times.

Riders do not honor the time limits. I have not had one mid-ride stop yet that has honored the three minute timeline whether I bring it up or not, and they all receive notice of the timeline by the platforms. And worse yet those same riders abusing both the platform, and driver's time, down rate drivers for ending the rides after the specified time of which they have been notified, and yet even worse there are so many habitual repeat offenders.

You want us to wait a half hour for you to do your shopping; fine than pay us fairly for the chauffeur level of service you're expecting but not for which you're willing to pay.

Even if riders did honor the wait time the pay is simply not sufficient to justify the wait for drivers. It's completely lopsided crazely in the favor of riders, and Uber and Lyft. It's complete BeeEss, and Uber and Lyft need to put a stop to it.
If it COST THEM
they would RESPECT TIME !

Attachments

Amos69

I had a dump two months ago. I was on filter to the AP and pulled a ping from a great hotel right away! Yeah! Ohh poop, this cat is standing on the curb with his bags of burgers from the restaurant, not suitcases. I am already stopped and figure why not. He gets in and I mention no eating no the car. I'm on the phone he says. I start ride and Bam there it is.

The dreaded Pot shop stop off.

HHHhhhmmmmmmmmhhh. It's three blocks to the pot shop DT as I pull out. I pull up and mention the 5 minute rule as he leaves all his food and back pack in the rig, he is still on the phone and grunts.

Timer hits 4 minutes and I call him. No answer. Call No answer. 5 minutes and I can't see him at the counter. Out goes all his stuff to the sidewalk next to the security guard, and off I drive end ride.

At this point I am around 7 minutes wait and 9 minutes into the trip and his final destination is not where I want to go. EVER.

Ring! LOLOlll Now he wants to talk to me on the phone!

I tell him to piss off and that he should respect other people more than he clearly respects himself. 1 stars for everyone!

Last edited:

RideshareUSA

Stops are for picking up and/or dropping off paxs, period. Not for smokes, booze, etc. F all these paxholes!

Matt Uterak

Stops are for picking up and/or dropping off paxs, period. Not for smokes, booze, etc. F all these paxholes!
All but one of my stop people have been in and out in 5 minutes. Usually they are tourists on the way to or from the airport.

I don’t mind stopping at a gas station so someone can grab gum on a $30-50 ride.

Last edited:

Disgusted Driver

did you tell her that stops are limited to 3 minutes? I make the expectation clear from the onset and recommend that they end the trip if they are going to be much longer.

At 3 I call, at 5 I'm gone, end ride. I then send in a complaint on the ride and if they anchored something in the car, report lost item. I have collected the fee for returning it.

The Gift of Fish

Are you Popeye the sailor man? No, you're not. Never allow anchors in your car.