I drove my select car uber X for a week

manuella

I knew the risks but I don't owe much on it , it's fairly good on gas with really low miles still have nearly 90% mileage guarantee so I figured nothing to loose besides I'm selling it either way after 2 years

I was online 30 hours in total and the payout comes to little bit close to 800$ without guarantees / pdb plus ride count is 65
I drove SF with occasional rides to the South Bay .

my most memorable moment which just kind destroyed me to be honest is the kid , like 24 old who jumped in from presidio and immediately asked

"Does uber give out Mercedes Benz now ? "

and he wasn't kidding ! Seriously wanted to end the ride and throw him out but I was like people are idiots what else is new, most people were very well behaved ! Which was refreshing,nobody was a drama queen ( except the one guy who wanted me to make a uturn ) probably one of the most relaxing weeks on uber I have had in a long time , rating went up to 4.88 then quickly came down to 4.87 from the guy who asked me if he could smoke inside the car !! I looked at him in a way I shouldn't have lol

I said it was relaxin , people were well behaved But the pictures I took this morning tell a different story , I see a couple scratchesss here and there some serious.

Silent_Philosodriver

Hmmm, so you think that riders of Uber Select somehow take 'better' care when they ride? The 3 select drivers I know say the opposite (they complain more to the damage done to their newer car like scratches, tears, general cleanliness, etc...) I can't think why Uber Select riders would be better behaved than X riders but definitely I can see more drama and special requests because select riders pay more.

However, your numbers (30 hrs/65 trips/$800 before guarantees) seem all over the place (slow on trips per hours. Really? You pulled only near 2.15 rides per hour for this very busy week?) but on the other hand, You made it up in fares, because your average fare is 2x mine... no pools perhaps? Tons or airport rides? or you rode the surge hard over the weekend?

manuella

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hmmm, so you think that riders of Uber Select somehow take 'better' care when they ride? The 3 select drivers I know say the opposite (they complain more to the damage done to their newer car like scratches, tears, general cleanliness, etc...) I can't think why Uber Select riders would be better behaved than X riders but definitely I can see more drama and special requests because select riders pay more.

However, your numbers (30 hrs/65 trips/$800 before guarantees) seem all over the place (slow on trips per hours. Really? You pulled only near 2.15 rides per hour for this very busy week?) but on the other hand, You made it up in fares, because your average fare is 2x mine... no pools perhaps? Tons or airport rides? or you rode the surge hard over the weekend?

Numbers are a little convoluted due to a busy heavy surge Weekebd . I can't say too much just wanted to share for anyone else thinking of driving a premium car on X , the car got messed up cause of the heavy volume .

Less people driven less damage done

RedoBeach

I'll never forget the passenger who told me she heard Uber "gives" drivers free cars if they need one.. There were about 100 other stupid misinformed comments after that I chose to ignore. Very similar to the guy last night who said he heard drivers make over $100,000 a year here... Smh.

Adieu

I'll never forget the passenger who told me she heard Uber "gives" drivers free cars if they need one.. There were about 100 other stupid misinformed comments after that I chose to ignore. Very similar to the guy last night who said he heard drivers make over $100,000 a year here... Smh.
Uber DID, in some areas....incentive covering rental for doing 75 trips a week in Core Los Angeles seems to be ending this week, though, and was only open to 0-ride noobs

Also UberX drivers DID for a while get about $2k / week hardcoring the summer incentives in "core" LA....although the miles they drove for it were just insane

But wow just wow, didnt realize SF kinda sucked now to????? Well the hours DO go faater, but your pay per trip is kinda low...Or are y'all just new to the game?

Adieu

Numbers are a little convoluted due to a busy heavy surge Weekebd . I can't say too much just wanted to share for anyone else thinking of driving a premium car on X , the car got messed up cause of the heavy volume .

Less people driven less damage done
I've done 1200 Lyft and ~100 Select/Premier - a few more scratches outta Lyft (but also some danage fees), mostly respectful Select (except self-pooled clown car airport shortie pax - shoulda cancelled), and absolutely ATROCIOUS lyft premier pax (puker, horribly entiitled drunks, loud rude requests and demands etc etc)

All in all, non-airport Select pax are the chillest

Genini-Contractor

Where do pax get this info? Did you tell pax the truth that we are really underpaid?

Adieu

Where do pax get this info? Did you tell pax the truth that we are really underpaid?
THIS FORUM

There's a lady from Riverside who does CoreLA in a free-for-75-rides rental and nets around $2k / week

She's on here and I've met her in person, she's real.

Its all temporary incentives though...

Adieu

Ok. She is not an Uber driver then. I don't drive Lyft.
Nope shes all Fuber only

Ive also SEEN pure non-referral-bonus weeks of 2200-2400 on peoples apps in LA pigpen...a few of em had refunded enterpise rentals too

Note thats usually massive overtime and 2500-3000 mi / week, which really ONLY works in a rental and whether you pay for it or not is almost beside the point at that stage

....i prefer my $1k / 700 mi strategy

tohunt4me

I knew the risks but I don't owe much on it , it's fairly good on gas with really low miles still have nearly 90% mileage guarantee so I figured nothing to loose besides I'm selling it either way after 2 years

I was online 30 hours in total and the payout comes to little bit close to 800$ without guarantees / pdb plus ride count is 65
I drove SF with occasional rides to the South Bay .

my most memorable moment which just kind destroyed me to be honest is the kid , like 24 old who jumped in from presidio and immediately asked

"Does uber give out Mercedes Benz now ? "

and he wasn't kidding ! Seriously wanted to end the ride and throw him out but I was like people are idiots what else is new, most people were very well behaved ! Which was refreshing,nobody was a drama queen ( except the one guy who wanted me to make a uturn ) probably one of the most relaxing weeks on uber I have had in a long time , rating went up to 4.88 then quickly came down to 4.87 from the guy who asked me if he could smoke inside the car !! I looked at him in a way I shouldn't have lol

I said it was relaxin , people were well behaved But the pictures I took this morning tell a different story , I see a couple scratchesss here and there some serious.
You would get car jacked and possibly murdered driving a Mercedes for Uber X where i drive

Genini-Contractor

Nope shes all Fuber only

Ive also SEEN pure non-referral-bonus weeks of 2200-2400 on peoples apps in LA pigpen...a few of em had refunded enterpise rentals too

Note thats usually massive overtime and 2500-3000 mi / week, which really ONLY works in a rental and whether you pay for it or not is almost beside the point at that stage

....i prefer my $1k / 700 mi strategy
What did she have to do to get her refunded enterprise rental? Pax got that message wrong. She had to work to get the free rental.

Adieu

Go over to Los Angeles / Orange County forum, look up what people are doing on incentives.... Many if not most of them are real, we had a meetup

Btw, IIRC, the lady doing $2k+ in the free rental is a grandmother (doesnt look it though)

So yeah, all y'all GOT OWNED BY A BADAZZ GRANNY fron socal who aint even got a car, and commutes from outta county to driver~~~~!!!

Btw, same people were wistfully wishing for SF rates down here....youd prolly see a buncha $3k+ payouts if we did

Adieu

You would get car jacked and possibly murdered driving a Mercedes for Uber X where i drive
When i opt down to Lyft in my heavily tinted white bimmer on huge black 19's , quite a few pax assume I do it to deal coke..... Even some pigpen drivers pestered me to sell em substances.

Lol

RedoBeach

Uber DID, in some areas....incentive covering rental for doing 75 trips a week in Core Los Angeles seems to be ending this week, though, and was only open to 0-ride noobs

Also UberX drivers DID for a while get about $2k / week hardcoring the summer incentives in "core" LA....although the miles they drove for it were just insane
This was in January that she mentioned that to me- enforce the rentals. If you would have heard all of what she was saying you'd be surprised.. She sounded like a commercial for Uber 3 years ago.

But wow just wow, didnt realize SF kinda sucked now to????? Well the hours DO go faater, but your pay per trip is kinda low...Or are y'all just new to the game?
Not sure if you're talking to manuella or me but yes, The fares here suck.. They average about half of what they used to average last year, but the bonuses are good. I've been driving since 2015- LA and SF. LA dead miles can be ridiculous..

RedoBeach

I always try to set the record straight in the best way possible without being too negative towards Uber.. A balancing act for sure. Another girl sharing a pool with him had just gotten done telling me how she takes Lyft all the time because its as cheap as taking the bus.

Not sure where they get this info Genini-Contractor .. Uber used to advertise that drivers make $90k a year until a bunch of reporters proved them wrong & lawsuits started adding up.. I think most of the general public is fairly disillusioned about the job. It's both a result of Uber's marketing & new drivers who misrepresent in a attempt to get people to sign up. Check out Craigslist for Uber ads if you're curious...There's about 500 in every section unrelated to driver jobs & totally misleading.

Genini-Contractor

I always try to set the record straight in the best way possible without being too negative towards Uber.. A balancing act for sure. Another girl sharing a pool with him had just gotten done telling me how she takes Lyft all the time because its as cheap as taking the bus.

Not sure where they get this info Genini-Contractor .. Uber used to advertise that drivers make $90k a year until a bunch of reporters proved them wrong & lawsuits started adding up.. I think most of the general public is fairly disillusioned about the job. It's both a result of Uber's marketing & new drivers who misrepresent in a attempt to get people to sign up. Check out Craigslist for Uber ads if you're curious...There's about 500 in every section unrelated to driver jobs & totally misleading.
That just adds fuel to the fire. Because news articles and youtube videos try to set the reality record straight of earning below minimum wage because not all of us gets the pdbs, people are still mislead by recruiting ads. If you got an email that you use outside of Uber everything, can I have it.

Genini-Contractor

That just adds fuel to the fire. Because news articles and youtube videos try to set the reality record straight of earning below minimum wage because not all of us gets the pdbs, people are still mislead by recruiting ads. If you got an email that you use outside of Uber everything, can I have it.
I actually wanted your opinion about another car ride share service that is not big yet.