I drive waiters to work, and they dont tip. So...

Declineathon

Diss&Datt

A man hails a cab, gets in, gives directions and gets going. Sitting in the back seat, he sees as the Old DC big wind bag cabbie just blows the red light. "Maybe this was accidental" he thought. Runs through a 2nd one.

The man gets all worried and asks "Excuse me Old man, didn't you just blow 2 red lights in a row?!". -

The old big mouth DC cabbie says "Don't worry, I'm a professional" cabbie replies.

There's a green light at the next intersection and the driver just stops at the light.

The man get all confused and frustrated and yells out " I don't understand this! How come you blow red lights and you just stop on the green?!"

The old wind bag DC taxi driver replies: "I stopped because there might be another professional crossing the intersection"

Another Uber Driver

A guy hails a cab; it stops, he boards it and gives his address. The driver acknowledges and begins to drive. He comes to a red light, blows it and keeps driving. He comes to another one, blows it and keeps driving. The passenger is a bit concerned, but says nothing. When the driver blows a third red light, the customer speaks up.

"Why do you keep running those red lights? You do not know that this is dangerous?"

"No biggie", replies the cab driver, "my brother-in-law does it all the time." He then turns right and almost mows down a pedestrian.

"You almost hit that pedestrian!" the customer says "You are not aware that you are supposed to yield to pedestrians?"

"No biggie," replied the hack, as he blew another red light then a STOP sign, "my brother in law does it all the time"

Finally, the cab comes to a green light and the driver stops.

"Wait a minute" the customer objects "you just ran four red lights, a
STOP sign and almost mowed over a pedestrian in a crosswalk. WHY are you stopping at a green light?"

"You never know," answered the cab driver "my brother-in-law might be coming the other way."

That is how the joke really goes, there, @bonum exactoris , @Downtown Julie Brown , @Allegro Acura.............................

Alexxx_Uber

Service is service.
If the culture in the country is to tip the service people, then we ahould tip ALL service people.
If the culture in the country is to not tip the service people, then we ahould not tip ALL service people.
Since most people tip in bars and restaurants but not tip Uber drivers, I have stopped tipping. No exceptions. And yes, I know that I will be looked cheap, but I don’t really care.

mmn

It's an unfair system. Instead of paying restaurant people a competitive wage, owners pay them half the minimum wage and expect you, the customer, to make up the difference. And the federal government sanctions it. Only in America!

It needs to stop. In some cities they're trying it, but I don't think it's working too well.

Taksomotor

Well, that’s one restaurant you’ll Not be welcomed back unless u enjoy the next waiter’s spit in ur burger bench meal ?

Being a waiter takes skill & personality
opposite for uber drivers
So, you must be a waiter? Relax, there are plenty of no Uber drivers to pay you :smiles:
Post automatically merged:

It's an unfair system. Instead of paying restaurant people a competitive wage, owners pay them half the minimum wage and expect you, the customer, to make up the difference. And the federal government sanctions it. Only in America!

It needs to stop. In some cities they're trying it, but I don't think it's working too well.
Yep, truly American invention of yet another way to screw and exploit workers of lower social status. This society had to replace slavery somehow.

touberornottouber

Another option if you get them again: Make it look like you are going to the ping and then cancel at the last minute. Make them late on purpose.

Note: I've yet to intentionally do this to someone but I would if they really upset me.

ANT 7

In all honesty about 1/2 the service industry staff I drive will tip me.

I do like the OP's premise of this thread though. Might do the same thing if I ever need to one time.

Another Uber Driver

I do like the OP's premise of this thread though. Might do the same thing if I ever need to one time.

This has been discussed, previously. Several drivers actually have done similar. They went to the service person's gin mill or restaurant, ran up a bill and wrote something similar to "Five Stars" on the tip line.

When I hacked in the suburbs, here, my company had a regular customer who did not tip. She was a waitress. Several of us got together and went into her establishment. She saw us, recognised us and took us. We ran up quite the bill. It came, we paid: to the penny that the bill read. We got the receipt, got up and started to leave. She stopped us and asked us if we had forgotten something. One guy told her "Yes, we forgot the same thing that you forget to give your driver every day." and we left. You would have paid to see the look on her face.

She stopped calling our company after that. She called the other one. The drivers there told us that she still had not learned to tip. They were planning to do what we did. I do not know if they ever did, as I left the company shortly thereafter.

The thing is all they need to do is tip one lousy dollar and they can't even do that when they work for tips. One stinking dollar.

For true; we appreciate even that.

Alexxx_Uber

This has been discussed, previously. Several drivers actually have done similar. They went to the service person's gin mill or restaurant, ran up a bill and wrote something similar to "Five Stars" on the tip line.

When I hacked in the suburbs, here, my company had a regular customer who did not tip. She was a waitress. Several of us got together and went into her establishment. She saw us, recognised us and took us. We ran up quite the bill. It came, we paid: to the penny that the bill read. We got the receipt, got up and started to leave. She stopped us and asked us if we had forgotten something. One guy told her "Yes, we forgot the same thing that you forget to give your driver every day." and we left. You would have paid to see the look on her face.

She stopped calling our company after that. She called the other one. The drivers there told us that she still had not learned to tip. They were planning to do what we did. I do not know if they ever did, as I left the company shortly thereafter.

For true; we appreciate even that.
Yes even one dollar tip makes huge difference in my opinion. It’s a mental satisfaction