Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

I Downrated a PAX for not tipping. And now I regret it.

8K views 136 replies 87 participants last post by  tohunt4me 
#1 · (Edited)
Posting this as "advice" to anyone who is tempted to downrate a pax for not tipping.

As a general rule I always give a pax 5 stars. Even if their behavior was less than perfect. Partially this is because I hope not to be judged harshly when I am less than a perfect driver. However, being a highly imperfect, deeply flawed, human being I slip at times. I occasionally get butt hurt when a pax I have given great service to does not tip. For example yesterday I had an airport pickup for two Biologist techie types who seem to rarely travel or use a ride service. They invited a 3rd person from their plane trip to join their car as he was going to the same hotel and conference they were attending. The 3rd party got a totally free ride (thus my earlier post on charging for extra pax). I gave the fare exemplary service, including handling their luggage and even extending the carry handles on the bags when unloading them to the curb. The punch line of course is that there was no tip from anyone. I rated the ride 5 stars.

Later I picked up a well-dressed business man from a bar on his way to a 5-star resort. He was on the phone the entire trip making with the love talk with his wife. He interrupted his conversation only to bark very specific instructions to me as to where to drop him off in lieu of the normal drop spot. Which I did. After the ride I watched for a couple of hours to see if a tip had followed the $5.90 ride. I finally gave in to the urge to downrate the pax. 1 star seemed extreme so I rated him 3 stars.

Today, nearly 24 hours later, the ride shows a $5 tip. It was a Lyft ride so I will never be paired with that pax again. I regret giving in to the impulse and will not do so in the future. That was the first and last time downrating a pax for no tip.

1575942415973.png

See less See more
#130 ·
. It was a Lyft ride so I will never be paired with that pax again
??? With Lyft, rating 3 stars will mean you won't be paired with a pax again?
It used to be 1 star. Has that changed?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.