I don't want weirdo's in my car anymore. Uber is shady.

Smokenburn

S.S.I.A.

I'm at the point I don't want weirdo's in my car. That's all. And for a list of additional reasons I don't think I'm doing this anymore:

-4 day July 4th weekend and no surge at all. Surge is manipulated and apparently Uber is doing away with it.
-drug dealers using you and bringing drugs/guns in your car.
[email protected]@@@@@@@, weirdo's (mostly suburb weirdo's)... schizophrenic
-massive wear and tear on a 1.5 year old vehicle that shouldn't even be used for Uber X.
-11 cents/minute in a market like Atlanta with almost constant traffic.
-rate cuts to 75 cents/mile
-greedy company with an ego maniac CEO, no customer service, online run around scheme.
-people using fake accounts, someone else's account, or who knows a stolen phone. Fraud.

all these things and more, but above all else... I don't want weirdo's in my car.

Last edited:

rman954

I had a pax text me a few nights ago "Hello *my name* this is *pax name* I just had a fight with my boyfriend so it's very important you don't tell him where I'm going".

I just responded "You should call the police, not an Uber"

CANCEL

Smokenburn

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I had a pax text me a few nights ago "Hello *my name* this is *pax name* I just had a fight with my boyfriend so it's very important you don't tell him where I'm going".

CANCEL
People are @@@@ed in the head, and i don't want them in my car.

SEAL Team 5

S.S.I.A.

I'm at the point I don't want weirdo's in my car. That's all. And for a list of additional reasons I don't think I'm doing this anymore:

-4 day July 4th weekend and no surge at all. Surge is manipulated and apparently Uber is doing away with it.
[email protected]@@@@@@@, weirdo's (mostly suburb weirdo's)
-massive wear and tear on a 1.5 year old vehicle that shouldn't even be used for Uber X.
-greedy company with an ego maniac CEO, no customer service, online run around scheme.

all these things and more, but above all else... I don't want weirdo's in my car.
At $.11 a minute and $.75 a mile what kind of people do you expect? Uber X is the Wal Mart on wheels. And you've not only seen the weirdos, but the freaks the losers the drugged out the obese basically all that has to do with the decay of society in your vehicle. Uber X is almost cheaper then taking the bus.

Smokenburn

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm a native of Atlanta... I know how @@@@ed up some people are here (social status irrelevant, suburbs have the biggest @@@@@@@@ and creeps). I just realized that they are or might be in my car. And hell no. I'm talking people you don't want to even talk to for one second or want anywhere near you. People are superficial, so you can't always tell who you're picking up even in a 'nice' subdivision.

Last edited:

Old Smokey

Going to start exercising my 2nd amendment. Do have concealed carry permit. If it comes down to deadly force there won't be any FAKEBOOK recording.

rman954

Going to start exercising my 2nd amendment. Do have concealed carry permit. If it comes down to deadly force there won't be any FAKEBOOK recording.
The only thing I worry about in my area is the airport, FL law says no-no even curbside. Per FL state law Uber can't tell me anything about carrying. In fact, 790.251 says Uber is violating my constitutional rights! Lawsuit time?

(4) PROHIBITED ACTS.—No public or private employer may violate the constitutional rights of any customer, employee, or invitee as provided in paragraphs (a)-(e):
(a) No public or private employer may prohibit any customer, employee, or invitee from possessing any legally owned firearm when such firearm is lawfully possessed and locked inside or locked to a private motor vehicle in a parking lot and when the customer, employee, or invitee is lawfully in such area.
(b) No public or private employer may violate the privacy rights of a customer, employee, or invitee by verbal or written inquiry regarding the presence of a firearm inside or locked to a private motor vehicle in a parking lot or by an actual search of a private motor vehicle in a parking lot to ascertain the presence of a firearm within the vehicle. Further, no public or private employer may take any action against a customer, employee, or invitee based upon verbal or written statements of any party concerning possession of a firearm stored inside a private motor vehicle in a parking lot for lawful purposes. A search of a private motor vehicle in the parking lot of a public or private employer to ascertain the presence of a firearm within the vehicle may only be conducted by on-duty law enforcement personnel, based upon due process and must comply with constitutional protections.

Actually, because I'm a bitter UberFool Driver. I'll be showing this to Florida Carry's lawyer to see what they say about it.

Last edited:

I_Like_Spam

No surge just means that Uber's 24/7 ads on the radio have been productive in the Atlanta area, and they have been able to recruit plenty enough drivers.

Ozzyoz

S.S.I.A.

[email protected]@@@@@@@, weirdo's (mostly suburb weirdo's)... schizophrenic
-people using fake accounts, someone else's account, or who knows a stolen phone. Fraud.

I looked at your list and it reminded me of TLC song "Scrub" for some reason. I replaced Scrub with weirdos and song goes good with your post.

"A weirdo is someone that think about themselves and is
Also known as a buster (buster, buster)
Always talkin' about what they want
And just sit on their broke surge fearing ass
So
No, I don't want your weirdos (no)
I don't want to give you mine and (no)
I don't want to meet you nowhere (no)
Don't want none of your time and
No, I don't want no weirdos
A weirdo is someone that can't get no love from me
Hanging out the passenger side
Of my Uber ride
Trying to holler at people

----

Last edited:

Old Smokey

The only thing I worry about in my area is the airport, FL law says no-no even curbside. Per FL state law Uber can't tell me anything about carrying. In fact, 790.251 says Uber is violating my constitutional rights! Lawsuit time?

(4) PROHIBITED ACTS.—No public or private employer may violate the constitutional rights of any customer, employee, or invitee as provided in paragraphs (a)-(e):
(a) No public or private employer may prohibit any customer, employee, or invitee from possessing any legally owned firearm when such firearm is lawfully possessed and locked inside or locked to a private motor vehicle in a parking lot and when the customer, employee, or invitee is lawfully in such area.
(b) No public or private employer may violate the privacy rights of a customer, employee, or invitee by verbal or written inquiry regarding the presence of a firearm inside or locked to a private motor vehicle in a parking lot or by an actual search of a private motor vehicle in a parking lot to ascertain the presence of a firearm within the vehicle. Further, no public or private employer may take any action against a customer, employee, or invitee based upon verbal or written statements of any party concerning possession of a firearm stored inside a private motor vehicle in a parking lot for lawful purposes. A search of a private motor vehicle in the parking lot of a public or private employer to ascertain the presence of a firearm within the vehicle may only be conducted by on-duty law enforcement personnel, based upon due process and must comply with constitutional protections.

Actually, because I'm a bitter UberFool Driver. I'll be showing this to Florida Carry's lawyer to see what they say about it.
I make dam sure I am not going on Federal property, aka airports. When I do carry I make sure I am not printing.

UberIsAScam

I looked at your list and it reminded me of TLC song "Scrub" for some reason. I replaced Scrub with weirdos and song goes good with your post.

"A weirdo is someone that think about themselves and is
Also known as a buster (buster, buster)
Always talkin' about what they want
And just sit on their broke surge fearing ass
So
No, I don't want your weirdos (no)
I don't want to give you mine and (no)
I don't want to meet you nowhere (no)
Don't want none of your time and
No, I don't want no weirdos
A weirdo is someone that can't get no love from me
Hanging out the passenger side
Of my Uber ride
Trying to holler at people

----
Haha, brilliant. Love it.

agtg

CANCEL
That's really demented, but doesn't surprise me.

DiceyDan

For me, it has been a lot of rank smelling pax. I had a guy smell like urine and I had to smell that the whole trip. I don't know if the fares have gone so low the homeless now can get around town, but I D say the quality of pax are below average. So I get what you are saying.

yeahTHATuberGVL

But we're independent contractors, not employees. By Uber's usage of that term, we end up bound to things that aren't so easily fought. I'm just of the mindset that I'm not dying for Uber and the chump change rates it set in place. Give me the option to price out the dregs, and I won't have a need to keep weapons in my car.

Ubertimes

CANCEL
True that