I don't understand why Uber driver's drive and complain about Uber! Explain it to me Why?

george manousaridis

• Questions all about this and that,why people just dont get it? Uber is a CHEAP service!
  1. People use Uber because its CHEAP!!! why and why and why,new drivers which have got a seed planted in their brains think that they can do a better job,and also think old drivers are just dumb and stupid.
  2. These new "COWBOYS" who are slinger's weren't around the last couple of years,which we had several pay cuts! WTF is it with new un touched pure drivers thinking old drivers are out of date and should be tossed,the tossers here are the new silly thinking drivers which they think they have the edge,only edge is they will be in debt,a car that's fallen apart before their eyes,the mileage sky rocket and much more.
  • Final conclusion is that Uber drivers know days are charity workers and beggars for extorted ratings.
  • Can anyone intelligent enough and hit me why Uber drivers old and new drive for Uber?Its a known fact that its CHEAP,and it makes a loss for drivers.Why do you or don't you still drive?Why complain?
Fill in the missing words and no stray dog remarks down below:

I ......... from ...........drive for Uber and know and aware its losing money and destroying my car.Why I drive for Uber based on this reason/s.....................................................................................?

I think i better go out and be a charity chariot,read this later bro's seeyou on the road and good luck with your ratings,HAHAHaaaa

Tried Retired

Yep, looking to join Uber and all the posts I read have a common theme. It is a complete mystery to me why people drive for Uber, its gotta be more than money!!!. My conclusion is that it is a ride sharing "Ponzi Scheme" that will continue to exist through the ongoing supply of newbies into the system who eventually get wise and move on, but many more ready to replace them.

george manousaridis

Yep, looking to join Uber and all the posts I read have a common theme. It is a complete mystery to me why people drive for Uber, its gotta be more than money!!!. My conclusion is that it is a ride sharing "Ponzi Scheme" that will continue to exist through the ongoing supply of newbies into the system who eventually get wise and move on, but many more ready to replace them.
Wish you well and prosperity.

littlemissmaya

out of all my part-time jobs (although there was a week or two i had done about as many as full-time) i enjoy this the most. no need to clean offices, classrooms, dirty toilets.. no need to worry about making a sale.. or forgetting that bottle of 1.25L pepsi. not having to care about clients' internet not working or configuration of the email on their brand spanking new laptop.

a to b. when i am free. got my music on (spotify playlist called Home Is Wherever I'm With You), air con or heater, interesting banter with passengers, and no need to worry about cash transactions. and a rental car so no rego, maintenance, insurance, depreciation etc.

as far as expenses, gst, uber fees.. all my net income goes to the big tax office debt i owe them anyway from a previous business i had, at least it'll be paid off quicker than if i just relied on my other work, a winning lottery ticket, or a cute sugar daddy or sugar momma, and hell no i ain't taking my kit off.

george manousaridis

out of all my part-time jobs (although there was a week or two i had done about as many as full-time) i enjoy this the most. no need to clean offices, classrooms, dirty toilets.. no need to worry about making a sale.. or forgetting that bottle of 1.25L pepsi. not having to care about clients' internet not working or configuration of the email on their brand spanking new laptop.

a to b. when i am free. got my music on (spotify playlist called Home Is Wherever I'm With You), air con or heater, interesting banter with passengers, and no need to worry about cash transactions. and a rental car so no rego, maintenance, insurance, depreciation etc.

as far as expenses, gst, uber fees.. all my net income goes to the big tax office debt i owe them anyway from a previous business i had, at least it'll be paid off quicker than if i just relied on my other work, a winning lottery ticket, or a cute sugar daddy or sugar momma, and hell no i ain't taking my kit off.
I always say to myself and to others,do what you think is appropriate for you.But keep in mind that Ubering is a loss maker,Humungus know days.Not only a loss but other things deeply entrenched of the nature of ridesharing.Be vigilant at what you do and I wish you well as well.Go forth and Uber and after a long period of time see if Ubering fullfils your appetite,good wishes to you forum member.

Tried Retired

I always say to myself and to others,do what you think is appropriate for you.But keep in mind that Ubering is a loss maker,Humungus know days.Not only a loss but other things deeply entrenched of the nature of ridesharing.Be vigilant at what you do and I wish you well as well.Go forth and Uber and after a long period of time see if Ubering fullfils your appetite,good wishes to you forum member.
Agree George. It all gets down to "opportunity cost" i.e. what is the alternative for you? The reality being that if you could take out all of the costs in real time like tyres, rego, vehicle devaluation and you then do the numbers and the best you can get is $10 hour. Then is that better than getting nothing for doing nothing. If you are a brain surgeon you will not be an Uber driver, if you are unskilled, student, young mother ,over 55 & unemployed, then Uber starts to look attractive because something is better than nothing!!!
PS I qualify the $10 hour, i.e. having a life not driving home drunks at 2am on Sunday morning.

george manousaridis

Agree George. It all gets down to "opportunity cost" i.e. what is the alternative for you? The reality being that if you could take out all of the costs in real time like tyres, rego, vehicle devaluation and you then do the numbers and the best you can get is $10 hour. Then is that better than getting nothing for doing nothing. If you are a brain surgeon you will not be an Uber driver, if you are unskilled, student, young mother ,over 55 & unemployed, then Uber starts to look attractive because something is better than nothing!!!
PS I qualify the $10 hour, i.e. having a life not driving home drunks at 2am on Sunday morning.
Hi,thanks for the thread.Makes sense,but for me Uber is a hobby and I get bored staying home.Single bloke,and I figure I might meet a woman of my dreams,maybe.Anyway,the alternative is go with the flow and see what happens.Also I lease my vehicle,so none of that applies.Also for ATO compliance as a second job with Uber I just make enough to pay the lease.Dont have to pay huge amounts of double path.Small GST and thus I claw money back.

Tried Retired

Hi,thanks for the thread.Makes sense,but for me Uber is a hobby and I get bored staying home.Single bloke,and I figure I might meet a woman of my dreams,maybe.Anyway,the alternative is go with the flow and see what happens.Also I lease my vehicle,so none of that applies.Also for ATO compliance as a second job with Uber I just make enough to pay the lease.Dont have to pay huge amounts of double path.Small GST and thus I claw money back.
Good luck George. I hope you meet a nice lady soon.

george manousaridis

It
i drive about 5 hrs a week, max, my car is electric, so little wear and tear, and almost non existent fuel costs, and the tax perks are great. i would never drive full time, for the reasons mentions above.
Cheers,its been stated here in the past threads all this and that,Uber is a loss maker for a driver,all the law breaking Uber has been operating on will soon come to end.Compliance will be a big factor,and i mean compliance !

Ultra

Cheers,its been stated here in the past threads all this and that,Uber is a loss maker for a driver
i find it funny that a lot of drivers, well, a lot on here, seam to think its a good paying, secure job, like courier driving, yes, its a job, well paying, after fuel, maintenance, legislative costs such as insurance, rego etc, its far from a well paying job. i think a lot of drivers get into uber believing they will earn decent income, and soon realise the truth, i have heard stories from pax stating how much they have been told uber driver earn... i laugh, and show them the actual amount.. most cant believe it, wow, is that all, i hear a lot.

though if you get into uber for different reasons, it can work, myself, very part time, only on my free time, an hour or 2 here and there, and have a very cheap car to use, that i own outright, and with the tax concessions i get from my main income, it can provide a little pocket money for toys, thats about it, i know of some drivers who are retirees, and do it for the company, and a reason to get out of the house.

then i see full timers bragging about earning $2700 a week, but put in 90 hours for that income! madness, when you consider a normal working week is 38 hrs, you see the real picture. its still only 1100 a week, or below average income, better get a job packing shelves, it will pay more, and give you more time to enjoy life.
i think its those in this category that complain about uber and its treatment of them, and think that the old timers are just old and dumb, well, its usually the old drivers that know exactly why they uber, and get on with it.. though a lot of millennials seam to think they are owed the world, and when uber doesn't hand that on a platter, they get upset, and have no social experience in not getting what they think they deserve, they think they are the best, and should be treated as such.

its a reality check.

george manousaridis

i find it funny that a lot of drivers, well, a lot on here, seam to think its a good paying, secure job, like courier driving, yes, its a job, well paying, after fuel, maintenance, legislative costs such as insurance, rego etc, its far from a well paying job. i think a lot of drivers get into uber believing they will earn decent income, and soon realise the truth, i have heard stories from pax stating how much they have been told uber driver earn... i laugh, and show them the actual amount.. most cant believe it, wow, is that all, i hear a lot.

though if you get into uber for different reasons, it can work, myself, very part time, only on my free time, an hour or 2 here and there, and have a very cheap car to use, that i own outright, and with the tax concessions i get from my main income, it can provide a little pocket money for toys, thats about it, i know of some drivers who are retirees, and do it for the company, and a reason to get out of the house.

then i see full timers bragging about earning $2700 a week, but put in 90 hours for that income! madness, when you consider a normal working week is 38 hrs, you see the real picture. its still only 1100 a week, or below average income, better get a job packing shelves, it will pay more, and give you more time to enjoy life.
i think its those in this category that complain about uber and its treatment of them, and think that the old timers are just old and dumb, well, its usually the old drivers that know exactly why they uber, and get on with it.. though a lot of millennials seam to think they are owed the world, and when uber doesn't hand that on a platter, they get upset, and have no social experience in not getting what they think they deserve, they think they are the best, and should be treated as such.

its a reality check.
Well stated,before when uber first started yeah,drivers where taking home between 1700 to 2000 weekly,not these days,and i take my hat off to you.And mostly the Fatigue management is a big worry,life is more precious than for example owing the ATO or something else.Its coming soon to many drivers doing Uber as a passenger carrier.Anyway ubering is a lot more riskier.

d0n

• Questions all about this and that,why people just dont get it? Uber is a CHEAP service!
  1. People use Uber because its CHEAP!!! why and why and why,new drivers which have got a seed planted in their brains think that they can do a better job,and also think old drivers are just dumb and stupid.
  2. These new "COWBOYS" who are slinger's weren't around the last couple of years,which we had several pay cuts! WTF is it with new un touched pure drivers thinking old drivers are out of date and should be tossed,the tossers here are the new silly thinking drivers which they think they have the edge,only edge is they will be in debt,a car that's fallen apart before their eyes,the mileage sky rocket and much more.
  • Final conclusion is that Uber drivers know days are charity workers and beggars for extorted ratings.
  • Can anyone intelligent enough and hit me why Uber drivers old and new drive for Uber?Its a known fact that its CHEAP,and it makes a loss for drivers.Why do you or don't you still drive?Why complain?
Fill in the missing words and no stray dog remarks down below:

I ......... from ...........drive for Uber and know and aware its losing money and destroying my car.Why I drive for Uber based on this reason/s.....................................................................................?

I think i better go out and be a charity chariot,read this later bro's seeyou on the road and good luck with your ratings,HAHAHaaaa

Because it's wrong to classify people wrongfully while you avoid payments?

"Be your own boss and be a contractor" Does ubering feel like contracting?

george manousaridis

Because it's wrong to make classify people wrongfully while you avoid payments?

"Be your own boss and be a contractor" Does ubering feel like contracting?
Yes that is correct to,but my only concern is Ub drivers work 84 to 100 hrs a week,the 100 hrs is an assumption and maybe here say, I hear it from people I know,I'm only pointing at it without prejudice and only assuming,whispers only.I don't want to mud sling but fatigue managing has to addressed.Even working as a second job,it's out of control

d0n

Yes that is correct to,but my only concern is Ub drivers work 84 to 100 hrs a week,the 100 hrs is an assumption and maybe here say, I hear it from people I know,I'm only pointing at it without prejudice and only assuming,whispers only.I don't want to mud sling but fatigue managing has to addressed.Even working as a second job,it's out of control

If people make money in Uber and follow their directions, they are doing ~70-100 hours a week.

It's the way it's designed.

george manousaridis

Uber is a piece of shit company, you aren't the only ones seeing it in Australia.
Know know did I state i know all,for example you state i am not the only one that sees Uber as s...?what gives you this impression? I am not concerned in any way what people choose,but when they sign on the dotted lines and line up in the ques of Uber around the globe,then they go try it and then claim it's f....,then why work for them?explain that to me.I always state before a year and a bit it was good earnings,not know.So where is your finger pointing that I am the only one that sees Uber as rotten?mmmmk it goes deeper than this and that,at the end all I hear from paxs that Uber is Cheap and don't pay surge after a cab UT off rate,it's not my opinion it's fast to know days of Uber than the old days of Uber.Figure what's the status these days of Uber