I dont think theres a driver shortage

When did you start driving for Uber? (Anonymous pole)

• Last 30 days?

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • 30 to 90 days?

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Over 3 months?

Votes: 21 80.8%

• Total voters

Uberchampion

Today i was on queen street for an hour and a bit and i saw maybe 20 odd people from the patio i was on getting into uber's.

Its a frigging Tuesday afternoon..

I dont think the regulations did anything to deter drivers and im pretty sure based on what i saw today and the number of new drivers on this forum alone that there is no shortage at all. Anyone in the know?

Uberchampion

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't think it matters. The market and the demand is huge and increases all the time. In my case every day I'm busy with pings most of the times.
Agreed. It does'nt matter. But im still curious. The thoughts pre regulation ( my thoughts too) were that uber would lose a lot of drivers. I dont think that happened.

tohunt4me

Today i was on queen street for an hour and a bit and i saw maybe 20 odd people from the patio i was on getting into uber's.

Its a frigging Tuesday afternoon..

I dont think the regulations did anything to deter drivers and im pretty sure based on what i saw today and the number of new drivers on this forum alone that there is no shortage at all. Anyone in the know?
When i started last November,everyone was complaining about all of the new drivers.

Now everyone is complaining about all of the new drivers again.

I do notice a decrease of a few hundred a week for the same efforts I put forth before.

I am not happy with it.

Uber sent me across the river a few times( something the local office said would happen no more)

If I am the closest driver at 10 miles away, THERE SHOULD BE A SURGE.

SURGE EXISTS NO LONGER IN NEW ORLEANS.

SOMETHING IS CORRUPT.

Uberchampion

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
When i started last November,everyone was complaining about all of the new drivers.

Now everyone is complaining about all of the new drivers again.

I do notice a decrease of a few hundred a week for the same efforts I put forth before.

I am not happy with it.

Uber sent me across the river a few times( something the local office said would happen no more)

If I am the closest driver at 10 miles away, THERE SHOULD BE A SURGE.

SURGE EXISTS NO LONGER IN NEW ORLEANS.

SOMETHING IS CORRUPT.
I'd feel bad for you....but New Orleans has some of the most beautiful woman i have ever seen on gods earth so in gonna have to defer

I read somewhere on this forum that if you get a ping far away, turn the app off for a minute or two and it will generate a surge if there are no other drivers around. Im pretty sure it was in the LA forum. Uber may have changed things though.

tohunt4me

I'd feel bad for you....but New Orleans has some of the most beautiful woman i have ever seen on gods earth so in gonna have to defer

I read somewhere on this forum that if you get a ping far away, turn the app off for a minute or two and it will generate a surge if there are no other drivers around. Im pretty sure it was in the LA forum. Uber may have changed things though.
I can't afford to get out and meet the good looking women.

I am stuck in a car 12 hours at a time Ubering for pennies.

The pan handlers have girl friends.

Perhaps,I am in the wrong business ?

No PANHANDLER POLICY against having company while working . . .

UberxGTA

If not more at least half of GTA's population is of driving age and most of them have a car. Of those most car owners at least half of them have newer cars. And those new car owners are in the 6 figure numbers.
Well you see where in going with this.. :cool:
Sounds like self driving cars will be a hard sell.