1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

I don't recommend calling Lyft in case of accident

Discussion in 'Lyft' started by 7Miles, Jan 12, 2016.

1. 7Miles

7Miles

It was not my fault, I have a police report stating it was the other driver's fault. But Lyft doesn't care, deactivated my account .
    Considering my spouse doesn't work, this hurts financially.
    I had my reasons to call them and gave all information, all. Even emailed them police report. They don't care. They will deactivate you and you can't drive for Lyft anymore.
    Beware !

2. Choochie

Choochie

Sorry to hear. Well there is always uber. Or you can do livery,taxicab, bus, shuttle,etc. at your rates Mickey d's looks good!

Edit: first time hearing about Lyft doing that!

ClevelandUberRider likes this.
  3. I was in an accident during a Lyft ride a few months ago (other drivers fault), and yes Lyft deactivated me due to the damage done to my car; my car was not drivable. Once it was repaired and I sent them pictures of the repaired vehicle (along with a checklist they required a certified mechanic to fill out), I was reactivated.

Not sure why they'd deactivate you for being involved in an accident that wasn't your fault ..

YouWishYouKnewMe likes this.
  4. 7Miles

7Miles

How long were you deactivated? They don't reply to my emails.
    Who helped you - the trust team or regular customer support.
    I email them both and they both ignore my emails.
    Btw, I have a second car on file fully Lyft- approved and with photos. But as I said they ignoring me.

5. ADX

ADX

Driving:
    UberX
    I am pretty much always a "platinum" member and even my email responses take 1-2weeks if it's not something they deem urgert/doesn't involve upsetting an passenger

6. I was deactivated as soon as I reported the accident to Lyft & wasn't re-activated until my car was repaired, which ended up being about 3 weeks.

Once I reported the accident to Lyft, their trust & safety team were the ones who reached out to me and they were who I dealt with until I was re-activated. Regular customer support shouldn't be involved at all regarding your accident, it should only be a trust & safety rep. It's weird that you haven't heard from them at all .. their response time to me was always same day. I'd call their urgent hotline so you can at least get a life person and they can update you on where you stand with Lyft; the hotline won't be able to re-activate you, only trust & safety can do that via email.

Consider yourself lucky that you have a 2nd car that you can at least drive on Uber to make money until things are settled with the car involved in the accident. When I got hit, my rent was due .. I'm a full-time driver and was out of work with no other source of income for almost a month.

7. SD_Expedition

SD_Expedition

Driving:
    UberXL
    They deactivated me for self defense of attempted assault. Had a police report and video evidence that backed up my account of it. I was in the right.

Delicroix, Adieu, Trafficat and 3 others like this.
  8. uberpa

uberpa

I used the contact support on lyft website about a miscalculated trip. Got a reply the second day. Then it went smooth, one more email back to them got the trip corrected.

9. 7Miles

7Miles

Never mind, they activated me back on.
    Thanks, soopergloo for good advice!

Danny3xd likes this.
  10. Welcome! glad it worked out

11. lovisone

lovisone

Driving:
    UberX
    Same happened to me. Deactivate due to a girl running a stop sign and hitting me. They told me they don't care who's fault it was, they don't want me because I am considered an unsafe driver since my DMV record shows an accident (regardless of fault).

Trafficat likes this.
  12. melxjr

melxjr

If this wasn't you fault, sure maybe they can deactivate you to ensure everything gets fixed and was legit not your fault, but I hardly think they can "fire" you for this, their SRF fee is intended to cover drivers in this case, If it wasn't for your coverage than why do they collect that on every ride? I'm sure they'll reactivate you, if not I would go forward with legal action. Another thing is on Lyft, they don't use SRF, it's Trust and safety fee, the wording in that gives you more power. Unless you're in breach of "trust" and "safety" they have no grounds.

13. MrA

MrA

Any random jack ass can call lyft, report an incident, and you get disabled. I am currently disabled until their trust and safety team investigates a reported accident that never happenned. Really sucks, Im 45 rides from hitting the sign on bonus of $2000 for 500 rides, 60 days. My new hobby is going to be reporting license plates to the lyft trust and safety team. No driver will ever get more than 1 star when I am a rider. Good luck, and hope I never see your license plate, you'll be done!

14. Why are you being negative on this platform? Lyft and the other drivers have enough headaches of our own false accusations. Don't feel like you are the lone ranger. If they deactivate you, move on to FUBER, you probably don't deserve the $2000 anyway.

DrivingForYou, bmore4now and Aky114 like this.
  15. vesolehome

vesolehome

Dude, with your attitude, I would think the "random jackass" who reported you may have actually had a reason to report you.

16. MrA

MrA

its their system, Im going to play with it. Maybe they will see how f'ed up it is, or not and just disable everyone, muhahhaha

17. Let them finish their investigation, and get back on the road. Doing the same to other drivers that was done to you is WRONG!!! A menter may have to verify that the car is road safe. At FUBER I had a non-fault fender bender, after dropping off customer. Reported and was deactivated till, car was repaired and inspected at a one stop shop. Standard operating procedures. If you weren't in an accident, nothing to worry about, driving a car that has body damage is not appropriate and should be reported. To threaten to disrupt Lyft operations is not appropriate, they are doing their due diligence. I normally don't give advice, my attitude is ONE LESS ANT ON THE ROAD!!!!

18. Kaliz

Kaliz

I am in the Lyft rental program in Los Angeles where we are required to do 85 rides a week. Someone hit the GM car in a parking lot and left a few small scratch's . I reported to it Lyft and was deactivated rite away. I was told the trust & safety dept. would be contacting between 24 and 72 hours. I told them I am 10 rides away from hitting my 85 rides and I only have 24 hours left to do it. If i'm deactivated I won't finish. They told me tell it to trust and safety when they contact you. So trust and safety contacts me 48 hours later and tells me the accident is minor and reactivates my account. I tell him what about the charge for the rental since you deactivated me I couldn't finish my rides and you guys charged me $239 for the rental with only 10 rides left that fuked up. I can't keep someone from hitting me and I can't keep you from deactivating me. They tell me I will not be compensated or reimbursed.
    They ignore emails on a regular basis.

So be warned if your in an accident your fault or not do not contact Lyft till you finish your quota of rides for the week. Because they will deactivate you for several days and if you don't make quota they don't give a **** they still gonna take your money.

I'm taking them to small claims court and have already notified BBB.

Jassandha, Trafficat and udance4ever like this.
  19. luvgurl22

luvgurl22

They will reactivate you after looking at the pictures in a couple of days if the damage isn't too much.If the damage is less than their $2500 deductible they will try to push the responsibility to your personal insurance.If you never mentioned that you were doing rideshare in the police report you may want to go with your personal insurance because Lyft won't touch it without that deductible.Whatever you do don't tell your insurance that you were doing rideshare.They will drop you and your insurance will go up.Good luck.May be a good idea to get rideshare insurance too

20. luvgurl22

luvgurl22

"Negativity is the norm here unfortunately" :(