1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

I don't believe all of you who say you Do Uber all day

Discussion in 'Advice' started by DRider85, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Steveyoungerthanmontana

Steveyoungerthanmontana Active Member

Just put in 6-7 and you can make a hundred. On a good day. Today I did 3 hours 15 dollars, sometimes it's just bad luck.

2. Oh-Lord

Oh-Lord Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

JTR and Blackout 702 like this.
  3. jp300h

jp300h Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I make a minimum of $100 on any given Thurs, Fri, or Saturday night. I did $135.00 this past Saturday with no crazy surges. Disregard the 13+ hrs as it is not a true representation. I keep the app on while home to get a select ride out. I live in an area that does not have much activity... so basically on for 5 -6 hours before I actually went on the road. The irony is I could have made a lot more as there was a nice surge out at Disney around 3-4 am due to a huge marathon they were having. I was just too tired to stay out an then have to drive 40 min back home.

I don't usually work Sunday nights as it's not typically worth it, but last night I did and made $94.xx. Not quite to your $100.00 mark, but close

Screenshot_20170109-173824.png

Screenshot_20170109-175104.png

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    JTR likes this.
  4. Steveyoungerthanmontana

Steveyoungerthanmontana Active Member

Geez 13 hours for 137? I hate having app on even at home, it still feels like work cause you are waiting around for it.

5. mmmike

mmmike Active Member

This past Saturday. Uber dominated that day But got a couple lyft rides. This morning lyft dominated. Day to day it changes.

Attached Files:

6. milooo

milooo Member

Well i went out another 2 hours this evening and had 1 run that entire time. so about 6 hours online today and made 41.xx i am sure in very big cities or tourist areas Uber could be good to great but in the 3rd largest city in Pennsylvania (Allentown PA, look it up) it's a joke and I am positive it's like that across most of the country

BostonTaxiDriver likes this.
  7. Delivery Mr.Guy

Delivery Mr.Guy Active Member

If some of you are think uber make good money than I suggest you to go on Youtube to study math, like algebra math.

You drive 7 minutes =1.5 miles to pick up for the rider than waiting at the door for another 3 minute, the trip is about 3 miles = $7
    tell me how do you profits?

JTR likes this.
  8. mmmike

mmmike Active Member

When you work at a time and place getting 5-6 of those rides every 1.5-2 hours. The occasional $5-10 tip helps as well.
    I average about $12-13 am hour after fuel cost on the regular. I have a goal of 200-250 after gas every week. Usually fall somewhere in that range.

9. jp300h

jp300h Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Those numbers did not include lyft and tips. Also, having it on while at home is no big deal. The same as having my phone on for business calls. I don't pay attention to it, just go about my day as normal.

10. Delivery Mr.Guy

all the money you earned will soon go into the new car. so at the end you will end up broke.

JTR likes this.
  11. Blackout 702

Blackout 702 Well-Known Member

... with a new car. :)

JTR and UberPasco like this.
  12. mmmike

mmmike Active Member

I'm aware that I'm accelerating the depreciation of my vehicle.

JTR likes this.
  13. Delivery Mr.Guy

No matte
    with the hidden cost , no one will make any money on Uber.

JTR and ABC123DEF like this.
  14. mmmike

mmmike Active Member

Dude. Your car isn't an investment. The value goes down every day whether I drive it or not. A repair to it is going to be required at mile X whether that mile comes in 2 months or a year, it's going to come. I'm (we all) are taking what equity we have in the vehicle early. That's all. Yup, I've put 5k miles on my car doing this since October. I also cleared almost $3k that I wouldn't have had not doing this. It's something extra to help me out financially now. I'm sure for most this isn't a forever thing... do what you gotta do for the time you have to..

Shangsta and JTR like this.
  15. autofill

autofill Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Troll thread.

16. DRider85

DRider85 Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Uh no..... I'm baffled. I'm actually calling out all u trolls. If u say I'm trolling I say you're a troll.

Troll is such a cliche nowadays and if you make 30 dollars a day working 8 hours then quit. If saying that is trolling then I don't know what not trolling is.

17. mmmike

mmmike Active Member

Google's definition of an internet troll:

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion, often for the troll's amusement....

drrider85 if you're a troll so is like 90% of topics on this thing. But whatevs.
    Some of this stuff on this forum is helpful, but mostly mindless occupation.

18. ChortlingCrison

ChortlingCrison Well-Known Member

I haven't responded to him yet. If I do, you want me to tell him you said hello?

19. DRider85

DRider85 Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    And if that is your truth then why are you doing Uber? For fun?

JTR likes this.
  20. shiftydrake

shiftydrake Well-Known Member

I have been asked numerous times why I am here and the reason I am in this board is for helping other drivers with my experiences whether it be my military experience....or fare for hire experience I have numerous years in both aspects........but other than that I read it to kill time......get a laugh.....smh at why people put up with the bs that Uber is.....and apparently I am liked and some of what I say is appreciated probably as much as SEAL Team 5

Xanvel and JTR like this.