1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

I don't believe all of you who say you Do Uber all day

Discussion in 'Advice' started by DRider85, Jan 8, 2017.

1. DRider85

DRider85 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    And make 20 or 30 bucks in 8 hours before expenses. I'm guessing you put in 2 hours and highly exaggerate your work ethic. Or you're just trying to scare people away. Come ON. I gross about a hundred a night and I don't even drive 8 hours. Come on, stop exaggerating.

If you really do, then something is wrong with you mentally. You're better off just begging for money on the streets if you need to work 8 hours to make 30 bucks. Why would you come to this forum for advice if you know you can't even make 3-4 dollars in an hour? Come on, we weren't born yesterday. None of this is true unless you live in Alaska or something.

If you come to my thread to argue that I'm wrong, then why are you wasting time arguing when you could be looking for some other way to make money?

It's like when I was servicing vending machines. And I know how much money different machines make. People on the vending forum always exaggerated how little they were making. I honestly believe that people say stuff to scare competitors away. Otherwise, what a waste of time.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  2. Don'tchasethesurge

Don'tchasethesurge Active Member

It depends on the market. Markers vary a lot. I have worked in two different cities in pa. They are both very different in the amount of work and money.

TwoFiddyMile, JTR, Bulls23 and 4 others like this.
  3. DRider85

Driving:
    UberX
    Well the moment that I'm only averaging 30 bucks in a full day is the day I just quit. I wouldn't complain, I'd move on. But more importantly, if these guys only make that much money, then why in the world would they still be in it? I mean unless they had hope that things would turn around... If they have no hope in their market, then why would they still do it and complain? It just baffles me. Markets no good? Simple. Move somewhere else.

JTR, MoneyUber4 and Blackout 702 like this.
  4. Jufkii

Jufkii Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Wouldn't it be wise for a person to come on this forum for advice if they were currently only making $3-4 an hour? by the way.I used to service vending machines my first job out of high school. Where is this vending machine forum you refer to?

5. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

Feel better now ?

6. Delivery Mr.Guy

Delivery Mr.Guy Active Member

I have said many time that I am drive Uber for fun and meet new people, I do uber for fun only. I make $200 weekly just enough for gas,coffee and toll.

7. Steveyoungerthanmontana

Steveyoungerthanmontana Well-Known Member

6-7 hours

100 = good day

80 = average

60-70 horrible

Now add expenses - all the above = horrible.

If only McDonald's or Burger King could figure out a way for people who work for them to buy their own ingredients, make them independent contractors.

Make sure their gross pay = 15 dollars, but after expenses = 5 dollars.

They could hire directly from this forum. Everyone from this forum would be defending them.

8. ABC123DEF

ABC123DEF Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Since you don't NEED the money, you wouldn't find it more fun to relax at home in your spare time or knit or something...and not let total strangers into your car for the sake of "meeting people"? They have clubs and organizations for that kind of thing.

9. DRider85

Driving:
    UberX
    How much comes from Uber and how much from Lyft?

I do believe your numbers Steve. But the ones that make like 3 dollars an hour GROSS is mind-blowing.

JTR likes this.
  10. Steveyoungerthanmontana

The days I make 0 dollars from Lyft are my worst days. The more I make with Lyft the better my day is. However Lyft is just absolutely too slow. Some days are just way too slow so you need UBER to at least make something for those day. No idea how people make it just on UBER.

JTR likes this.
  11. DRider85

Driving:
    UberX
    And does anyone make it with just Lyft? Why would people only do that one?

JTR likes this.
  12. Steveyoungerthanmontana

Some people do with one or the other.

I have done a few days total 6-7 hours Lyft and made 90 to 100 bucks just LYFT.

The thing is if it's slow all the sudden, and you don't get anything for two hours which has happened your whole day is ruined.

There's really not much difference in pulling a whole shift with either one, only that you know UBER is always busy usually and LYFT too many drivers not enough customers.

Grahamcracker likes this.
  13. milooo

milooo Member

i dont believe anyone making 100 a day hows that..... where are the screen shots of all these 100 dollar days???????? in my neighborhood 100 a day would be incredible. you must work for uber trying to recruit new fools

JTR likes this.
  14. Steveyoungerthanmontana

I work Los Angeles suburbs. Easy to do especially if I get a ride to LA. Where do you live?

15. milooo

milooo Member

lehigh valley pa.

16. Steveyoungerthanmontana

Oh yeah. I've lived over in the mid west. No way I'd even try to do it over there. Try taxi driving over there. Might still work out there.

17. Don'tchasethesurge

Don'tchasethesurge Active Member

I used to do work Lehigh valley. Used to 1200 on uber ... last time I uber over there it was rough market

18. milooo

milooo Member

if i get 50 a day thats a great day. normal is 15 to 30 a day

19. Steveyoungerthanmontana

Not 8 hours though right?

20. milooo

milooo Member

betweek 4 to 5 hours a day i have app on and only from 845am till like 3pm.