• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

I could have been filling boxes with dirt. But, No, I was wasting my time driving for Uber.

Ylinks

Amazon allegedly scammed out of $370K by 22-year-old's return shipments of dirt
By Henry Fernandez Published August 02, 2019

A 22-year-old has been arrested in an alleged scam of the largest internet retailer that totaled nearly $370,000 by sending return packages filled with dirt.

James Gilbert Kwarteng, of Palma de Mallorca, Spain, allegedly swindled Amazon by filling up the ordered items’ boxes with dirt and registering with the exact weight of the product. He would then receive a refund from Amazon and sell the original item.

The return packages would end up sitting around in Amazon’s warehouses where they aren’t checked often. The scam wasn’t discovered until through a random search where someone opened a box and discovered it was full of dirt.

Amazon’s return policy states items shipped from the website, including Amazon Warehouse, can be returned within 30 days of receipt. Refunds are processed in two business days and customers can expect their funds show in their account in three to five business days.

The report states the success of the alleged scam by Kwarteng, who has been released on bail, enabled him to create his own company.

tohunt4me

Amazon allegedly scammed out of $370K by 22-year-old's return shipments of dirt
By Henry Fernandez Published August 02, 2019

A 22-year-old has been arrested in an alleged scam of the largest internet retailer that totaled nearly $370,000 by sending return packages filled with dirt.

James Gilbert Kwarteng, of Palma de Mallorca, Spain, allegedly swindled Amazon by filling up the ordered items’ boxes with dirt and registering with the exact weight of the product. He would then receive a refund from Amazon and sell the original item.

The return packages would end up sitting around in Amazon’s warehouses where they aren’t checked often. The scam wasn’t discovered until through a random search where someone opened a box and discovered it was full of dirt.

Amazon’s return policy states items shipped from the website, including Amazon Warehouse, can be returned within 30 days of receipt. Refunds are processed in two business days and customers can expect their funds show in their account in three to five business days.

The report states the success of the alleged scam by Kwarteng, who has been released on bail, enabled him to create his own company.
" TECHNOLOGY COMPANY " !

TOOK MONTHS TO DISCOVER WAREHOUSE FILLED WITH $370,000.00 OF DIRT !

YUP .

Ignatz

Success is NOT getting caught

James Gilbert Kwarteng was arrested last Saturday for allegedly conning Amazon out of nearly $370,000 by sending return packages filled with dirt.”

Courts will probably come down hard on this 22YO to send a message
Post automatically merged:

These guys took Amazon for $10ml

New Uber

NO! this is not allowed in the US. Search google...Amazon will deactivate you after a certain amount of returns. yes you can return BUT not every time

observer

You are reminding me of the good old days when guys would go around selling a hot tv or VCR, show you one then give you an "unopened" box when you thought you were getting a great deal. Of course it was a brick or cinderblock inside and they were long gone when you opened.
You forgot to mention "out of the back of a white van". At least that's how I remember it happening around here.

Ylinks

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You forgot to mention "out of the back of a white van". At least that's how I remember it happening around here.
When I was a little kid growing up in Philadelphia I had no idea why there were all the stores. Anytime we needed anything "Uncle Rudy" would bring it. If we got a new refrigerator I would ask my dad where it came from. He always said, "It fell off the back of a truck."

BiggerDog

Your driving dead Paxholes in a Hearst now, but getting paid nothing for it.

The bonus in real Hearst is you get paid, they don’t talk back or rate you poorly.

Just find a six foot hole 🕳 and add the dirt.

Last edited: