I consider this an unacceptable practice by Uber.....

2savage

The other day I'm doing a pool ride and get another rider added as I'm dropping the pax. No info on the ride. No choice about accepting.

So after the drop I find the new rider (which I had accepted) is 12 mins away. 8 mins is typically my max but I take the ride anyway. I drove 3.5 miles to get there. When I start the ride I find the rider is going 1.2 miles. 4 minute ride. $3.71. No tip.

What is unacceptable is that Uber knew it was a small fare but still had me drive so far for it. I know they focus on the speed a rider is picked up but they need to take the approach that LYFT does; drivers first!!

What does the forum think?

NHDriver

LOL @ Lyft drivers first,, bwahahaha, you are funny. Lyft is just as bad as uber! Neither one care about the driver and never will.

Roadmasta

I had a similar trip two weeks ago $3.66 , I set a destination for JFK gave 1.5 hours to get to JFK. I was in Port Chester get a ping for West Harrison to white plains. Luckily the next ping I got was to JFK. I had a pickup out at JFK so it worked out for me. I'm actually trying to Cherry pick but it's not that easy. The rates are to damn low, just turn them down stick to your time limit.

reg barclay

The other day I'm doing a pool ride and get another rider added as I'm dropping the pax. No info on the ride. No choice about accepting.

So after the drop I find the new rider (which I had accepted) is 12 mins away. 8 mins is typically my max but I take the ride anyway. I drove 3.5 miles to get there. When I start the ride I find the rider is going 1.2 miles. 4 minute ride. $3.71. No tip.

What is unacceptable is that Uber knew it was a small fare but still had me drive so far for it. I know they focus on the speed a rider is picked up but they need to take the approach that LYFT does; drivers first!!

What does the forum think?
AFAIK NYC suburbs doesn't have uberpool. Plus I thought pool is supposed to be picking up 2 different pax on the same trip, not dropping off one and going to pick up another, I also thought with pool you get paid for the whole ride (including picking up each pax). Are you sure it wasn't just a 'stacked ping'?

Mr_Frenchie

AFAIK NYC suburbs doesn't have uberpool. Plus I thought pool is supposed to be picking up 2 different pax on the same trip, not dropping off one and going to pick up another, I also thought with pool you get paid for the whole ride (including picking up each pax). Are you sure it wasn't just a 'stacked ping'?

I think Alan is talking about stack pings not Pool.

Do not accept any pings when you are not sure of the pick-up time. You can just let it expire.

I have also cancelled after finding that the pick-up is too long or you can call the pax and tell them to cancel.

This is not the fault of Uber. It's your responsibility to control on what trips you take.

This is nothing new. Let say the pick-up time is 21 minutes. If you accept. It can possibly be a minimum ride.

Just press " Do Not Accept " after you take every ride. So, you don't get stack pings.

I also agree with the other driver that Lyft is not that much better.

Last edited: