I completed my first LyftLunch delivery!

San Diego X

I received a ping and immediately got called by the "pax" with a strong accent. Told me where she was, at a Japanese restaurant next to the grocery store. I'm thinking, so far so good, thanks for the call. I arrive to the location and see an asian woman waiting outside, I confirm the name and she places a grocery bag full of food, with a sticky note that had contact information, address, phone number. Gave me instructions to call the customer when I arrived. She buckled in the food in the front seat and told me not to knock it over. I'm pissed at this point, but I had already started the trip and knew she'd 1* me.

Upon arrival to the UTC condo community, I pull up to the correct building and call the customer. The number is the GF of the guy who ordered the food who was not home. She bossed me around, telling me to drive around the building, walk down the interior sidewalk and knock on the door to find her BF. Then also said, be sure to close the gate so the dog won't get out. WTF, are you serious?!

I told her that I'm a Lyft driver and I won't do that because I shouldn't be delivering food in the first place. She apologized and told her lazy BF to meet me on the garage side of the condo. He collected the food, barely got a thanks out of him, no tip! I did make $3.89 after Lyft commission though! Wrote an extensive review of the trip after my 1* rating.

I guess you could say I completed the first LyftLunch delivery in SD!

This small business owner has discovered its cheaper for her to use Lyft drivers to deliver food than it is to employ a driver or sign up with UberEats.

Jimmy Bernat

That's what delivery drivers do all day , they have to find parking (sometimes pay a meter for parking) run inside of a building and find an apartment , or there's gated communities which were always fun . For a $2 tip , you think being an Uber driver sucks , try delivery food in a downtown area it's a nightmare . They only make between $5-$7 an hour too plus tips .
I worked delivery in high school and college in the suburbs and that was awesome . People tip good, parking isn't an issue, no traffic etc... then I did it for a few months as a 2nd job downtown denver and it was the worst job ever , I worked for a cheap shitty pizza place so most the customers were low income so rarely any tips , parking and traffic always an issue .
I'll take driving around a person over food any day

DriverX

I received a ping and immediately got called by the "pax" with a strong accent. Told me where she was, at a Japanese restaurant next to the grocery store. I'm thinking, so far so good, thanks for the call. I arrive to the location and see an asian woman waiting outside, I confirm the name and she places a grocery bag full of food, with a sticky note that had contact information, address, phone number. Gave me instructions to call the customer when I arrived. She buckled in the food in the front seat and told me not to knock it over. I'm pissed at this point, but I had already started the trip and knew she'd 1* me.

Upon arrival to the UTC condo community, I pull up to the correct building and call the customer. The number is the GF of the guy who ordered the food who was not home. She bossed me around, telling me to drive around the building, walk down the interior sidewalk and knock on the door to find her BF. Then also said, be sure to close the gate so the dog won't get out. WTF, are you serious?!

I told her that I'm a Lyft driver and I won't do that because I shouldn't be delivering food in the first place. She apologized and told her lazy BF to meet me on the garage side of the condo. He collected the food, barely got a thanks out of him, no tip! I did make $3.89 after Lyft commission though! Wrote an extensive review of the trip after my 1* rating.

This small business owner has discovered its cheaper for her to use Lyft drivers to deliver food than it is to employ a driver or sign up with UberEats.
That's what you get for grinding my man! Had it been 150% PT you would feel 100% less a chump. YOu should have 'lost' some of the food on the way or gave it some of your own special sauce LOL.

Warning to pax trying this BS on me: You might not get exactly what you ordered.

San Diego X

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's what delivery drivers do all day , they have to find parking (sometimes pay a meter for parking) run inside of a building and find an apartment , or there's gated communities which were always fun . For a $2 tip , you think being an Uber driver sucks , try delivery food in a downtown area it's a nightmare . They only make between $5-$7 an hour too plus tips .
I worked delivery in high school and college in the suburbs and that was awesome . People tip good, parking isn't an issue, no traffic etc... then I did it for a few months as a 2nd job downtown denver and it was the worst job ever , I worked for a cheap shitty pizza place so most the customers were low income so rarely any tips , parking and traffic always an issue .
I'll take driving around a person over food any day
I agree and for all the reasons you stated above this is why I'm not a delivery driver!

DriverPsycho

Good morning everyone

I'm glad you touch this "Delivery" topic, yup that has happened to me either but not food, a "SUIT" yes a custom tailored suit.
Well let me tell you the whole story so it doesn't happen to anyone else here.
I got the ping at 1453 Kettner Blvd, "Magic touch cleaners and alterations" I arrived and after a few minutes the pax doesn't showed up so I texted her, then she replies she's coming, I usually wait another minute then call, so nothing, I proceed to call, she tell me she's out the door and waves, she comes to me and tells me she needs to put the suit in the back so I unlock the doors then she tells me I have to leave the suit with the concierge at the drop off location, after that I was so pissed off, but I sucked up and proceed to the route, I get to the place in downtown too and yes a freakin nightmare to find parking, I go to the building entrance and the door is locked, concierge on the phone and also had a couple guest waiting for him so he doesn't unlock the door for me after I'm jumping up n down n waving, SUCKS!
I gave him the suit n 1* that b&$ch, then a few weeks after I got another ping at the same location, same number, same middle eastern name and that time it was an UberPoo She has find out she can save even more, so I proceeded to accepted and canceled her with "Fraudulent rider" and submitted a short explanation after I drop the rider I had already in the car.

Andrew Thun

Sounds to me like someone gave you a free lunch and you gave it to someone else! I would have made the drive and "completed" the trip and kept the food! People would stop doing this crap if they knew it wasn't reliable.

San Diego X

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's what you get for grinding my man! Had it been 150% PT you would feel 100% less a chump. YOu should have 'lost' some of the food on the way or gave it some of your own special sauce LOL.

Warning to pax trying this BS on me: You might not get exactly what you ordered.
Believe me, I considered just canceling and driving off with a nice meal. Didn't want to have to deal with possible deactivation from Lyft though for $20 worth of food.

I only drove one day last pay period. My "grinding" allowed me to net $150 for 6 hours of my spare time. $25/hour is just fine. Surge-only just doesn't work with my schedule, especially now that it appears to be drying up after a event-packed July has passed.

For the week I spent zero hours monitoring the app.

DriverX

Believe me, I considered just canceling and driving off with a nice meal. Didn't want to have to deal with possible deactivation from Lyft though for $20 worth of food.

I only drove one day last pay period. My "grinding" allowed me to net $150 for 6 hours of my spare time. $25/hour is just fine. Surge-only just doesn't work with my schedule, especially now that it appears to be drying up after a event-packed July has passed.

I hear ya, you want the sure thing, my point is the only sure thing in this biz is that multiplier. Monitoring the app requires none of my dignity and never results in me feeling like a $3 chump. Zen and the art of TNC driving only works for me at 2x.

Andrew Thun

I don't see why Lyft would deactivate you, especially if you complete the "ride". It's your word against theirs. And with multiple parties involved who to say who is lying? I would just hold firm to the fact that you delivered the food as instructed. Who knows, maybe you accidentally gave it to the wrong person. There is no way for them to prove otherwise!

iDrive85

You know that you can cancel the trip even if you started it, especially with lyft .
Also could you give us the name of the place? so we can avoid it.

Flarpy

Honestly I would have driven off a short distance with the food without starting the ride, then cancelled the ride after 5 minutes, collected my $5, turned off the app and then stopped and eaten the food. I swear that's what I would have done. If Lyft contacts you you say "I have no idea what that chick is talking about" and that's that. There's no record of where you went or what you did since the app is off.

You guys gotta stop being riders' @@@@@es. Make the riders your @@@@@. That's what I do and I have a 4.95 rating. I tell them "We're going this way, we're taking this route, you're getting out here, etc." Riders want you to boss them around like a captain of a ship, not act like some little @@@@@boy. The more @@@@@boy you act, the worse you'll get treated, the less you'll get tipped, the lower your rating will be and the sooner you'll be deactivated.

Lesson 2: Don't start the trip until the pax are in the car! At least on Lyft you hit 2 buttons... "Arrive" and then "Pickup" or whatever it is. Not sure how it works on Ube.

Last edited:

scott

About three years ago I got pinged in San Marcos picked up a manuscript that needed to be delivered rush to Hollywood! Awesome trip had my music up and loud it was around 11:00 a.m. No traffic ! Can t remember the fare but back then I think it was close to $3.00 per mile, dropped off the paperwork and headed back to San Diego didn't bother picking up anyone as I traveled back, could have plenty of pings, ahh the good old days I miss them.

Flarpy

About three years ago I got pinged in San Marcos picked up a manuscript that needed to be delivered rush to Hollywood! Awesome trip had my music up and loud it was around 11:00 a.m. No traffic ! Can t remember the fare but back then I think it was close to $3.00 per mile, dropped off the paperwork and headed back to San Diego didn't bother picking up anyone as I traveled back, could have plenty of pings, ahh the good old days I miss them.
Wow that would be like a $300 trip.

Ubernic

You guys gotta stop being riders' *****es. Make the riders your *****. That's what I do and I have a 4.95 rating. I tell them "We're going this way, we're taking this route, you're getting out here, etc." Riders want you to boss them around like a captain of a ship, not act like some little *****boy. The more *****boy you act, the worse you'll get treated, the less you'll get tipped, the lower your rating will be and the sooner you'll be deactivated.
This is not how customer service works. You can stick to your guns without being a jerk.

DSLRreel

Kind of off subject but the same in that PAX think they can dictate what they want.

Igot a Poo ping in front of Berkley pizza in downtown. 2 girls and a guy walk towards the car. I'm assuming the 2 girls were the riders based on the name on the bill. The girls get in and the one who requested the ride started to tell me that I'm going to give the guy a ride a couple of blocks to drop him off and then continue to the destination to drop the girls off. By this time the guy is in the front passenger seat with the door closed. I immediately tell the girl that I can't drop him off based on the ride she requested. I told her to cancel the ride and request again. She didn't get it. She just repeated what she said before. I responded by explaining that she requested a poll ride and I might get another request for more riders so I can't take him. At this point I was pissed. I assumed she was either stupid or trying to save a couple of dollars. This is where the guy starts to butt in and repeat what the girl had just said. I cut him off before he was done and told them that I'm not giving them a ride because they want to save a couple of dollars. I said, "get out." After I said that the girl told me I was a "dick" and that she didn't like my car anyways. That's when I pointed to the camera and told her she's going to be on YouTube soon. The other girl then told me that I don't have her permission to film her. I responded by explaining that in public what had no right to privacy and to get out. They all sat there still trying to argue with me as if I'm going to give in and give them a ride. They finally got out after the guy calls me a "fagget." I turned off uber and waited for 5 minutes with Lyft on while the 3 of them waited in front of my car. I got a lyft request and took off. I'm sure they were pissed told them to get the F out and then sat there with a camera pointed at them.

I'm not going out of my way for any uber pax unless a tip is upfront.

Jimmy Bernat

Kind of off subject but the same in that PAX think they can dictate what they want.

Igot a Poo ping in front of Berkley pizza in downtown. 2 girls and a guy walk towards the car. I'm assuming the 2 girls were the riders based on the name on the bill. The girls get in and the one who requested the ride started to tell me that I'm going to give the guy a ride a couple of blocks to drop him off and then continue to the destination to drop the girls off. By this time the guy is in the front passenger seat with the door closed. I immediately tell the girl that I can't drop him off based on the ride she requested. I told her to cancel the ride and request again. She didn't get it. She just repeated what she said before. I responded by explaining that she requested a poll ride and I might get another request for more riders so I can't take him. At this point I was pissed. I assumed she was either stupid or trying to save a couple of dollars. This is where the guy starts to butt in and repeat what the girl had just said. I cut him off before he was done and told them that I'm not giving them a ride because they want to save a couple of dollars. I said, "get out." After I said that the girl told me I was a "&%[email protected]!*" and that she didn't like my car anyways. That's when I pointed to the camera and told her she's going to be on YouTube soon. The other girl then told me that I don't have her permission to film her. I responded by explaining that in public what had no right to privacy and to get out. They all sat there still trying to argue with me as if I'm going to give in and give them a ride. They finally got out after the guy calls me a "fagget." I turned off uber and waited for 5 minutes with Lyft on while the 3 of them waited in front of my car. I got a lyft request and took off. I'm sure they were pissed told them to get the F out and then sat there with a camera pointed at them.

I'm not going out of my way for any uber pax unless a tip is upfront.
Shit like that is exactly why I refuse to accept any UberPools (except in those desperate last hours of needing a few rides for a bonus)

I've shown up to someone trying to fit 6 in an UberPool
People wanting to make extra stops (some get really pissed when you say no )
People not knowing they even selected pool or don't understand it (since the app practically forces Pool on to you)

I'll still do Lyft Lines but just because there is opportunity to make more with tips (I'd say 25% of line rides tip) and Lyft is much better about educating passengers on what it is . There were a couple rides when it first launched that were a hassle but since it's always easy and straight forward. Plus Lyft has a timer so after 1:45 seconds I'm out with $5 (Lyft doesn't take any of the cancellations fees)