I can’t stand these neighborhoods!

BadYota

Anybody have neighborhoods they absolutely can’t stand to drive in or end up in? Obviously anywhere near Moncrief is dangerous (although I’m not really worried about somebody ordering an Uber just to rob me). For me, I hate driving in San Jose forest near Lakewood, on University BLVD. had 1 guy cancel 3x yeastsrday! But since I was still online we paired up each time. I eventually parked and sent him msg asking if he was gonna cancel again. He said my car wasn’t moving. Duh! Do these people know what rush hour traffic is?! Then it’s this big fat guy who smells like an ash tray and he sat in the front seat! WHY?!!! I had 4 smokers out of 7 riders yesterday and by the end of the night had a raging headache. I always spray my car seats to avoid the stench. But it’s not just the smokers in that area. I always get bums who ask me for money or to take cash rides because they’re so broke. Dramatic arguing on the phone then asking me to solve their life problems. Dude, I just want to get you from point A to point B.
Anybody else notice that pax always want to go west? By the end of the night I’m about an hour away from home west of orange park. If I didn’t cancel rides, I’d be in Gainesville or Alabama in a day.

Anybody notice how ICI Homes Tamaya surged to $6.50 yesterday at 9pm, but no rides? Even a weird map glitch where the area wasn’t a complete circle.

Jctbay

Anybody have neighborhoods they absolutely can’t stand to drive in or end up in? Obviously anywhere near Moncrief is dangerous (although I’m not really worried about somebody ordering an Uber just to rob me). For me, I hate driving in San Jose forest near Lakewood, on University BLVD. had 1 guy cancel 3x yeastsrday! But since I was still online we paired up each time. I eventually parked and sent him msg asking if he was gonna cancel again. He said my car wasn’t moving. Duh! Do these people know what rush hour traffic is?! Then it’s this big fat guy who smells like an ash tray and he sat in the front seat! WHY?!!! I had 4 smokers out of 7 riders yesterday and by the end of the night had a raging headache. I always spray my car seats to avoid the stench. But it’s not just the smokers in that area. I always get bums who ask me for money or to take cash rides because they’re so broke. Dramatic arguing on the phone then asking me to solve their life problems. Dude, I just want to get you from point A to point B.
Anybody else notice that pax always want to go west? By the end of the night I’m about an hour away from home west of orange park. If I didn’t cancel rides, I’d be in Gainesville or Alabama in a day.

Anybody notice how ICI Homes Tamaya surged to $6.50 yesterday at 9pm, but no rides? Even a weird map glitch where the area wasn’t a complete circle.
I hate picking up a passenger and they're toking on a cigarette like their life depended on it. Almost kept driving the other day, but it was a 35 minute comfort ride.

Lem Turner has been my least favorite..always get an XL from some kadu like Shamiqua...XL because she has her 5 kids, maybe some groceries and they all have drinks...done it twice, never again..

SideHustle UberAnnie

Obviously Moncrief area and any numbered street in town (45th, 103rd, etc) are the most undesirable to drive into, but I really dislike apartment complexes especially the gated ones. I feel like the rider should either be outside the gate or text you the gate code before you have to ask for it.

UberUber81

but I really dislike apartment complexes especially the gated ones.
When I see apartment complex ping come in. 90% of the time it's going to be a shuffle. I hug someone to get thru or already know the gate code(I write them all down).

I message rider immediately before I start to head their way "what building/unit are you in?" If no answer by the time I get to the apartment, it's a quick shuffle. If they aren't outside, it's a shuffle. Shuffle apartment dwellers into oblivion, maybe they will learn to be ready.

I hate picking up a passenger and they're toking on a cigarette like their life depended on it. Almost kept driving the other day, but it was a 35 minute comfort ride.

Lem Turner has been my least favorite..always get an XL from some kadu like Shamiqua...XL because she has her 5 kids, maybe some groceries and they all have drinks...done it twice, never again..
Shamiqua? 5 kids? Groceries and drinks? And you picked them up? It’s on you dude

JaxUberLyft

It's when Ms. Sham and her four drink toting kiddies wanna get into my Uber X that I have the most fun!

The more I read and hear, the LESS I'd ever want to drive XL!

BrandonMllr

I am new at Uber, but I completely agree with you. I recently drove a guy from the airportto the city center, he told me about how he got rid of drug addiction. But sometimes it seems to me that after midnight almost all the passengers need to be sent not home, but to rehabilitation centers)) One drunk, another smoked... That guy from the airport, by the way, gave me one resource (I don’t really know why I need it), where he found in our state a complete list of rehabilitation centers. Here it is - https://floridarehabexperts.com. Maybe we should really take "unfavorable passengers" right to the rehabs?))))