I Broke my Wrist Tonight Delivering Pizza !

If i cant work, what should i do ?

• 1.) Sue Homeowner for boobytrap sidewalk?

Votes: 39 60.9%
  • 2.) Collect workmans comp. On minimum wage ?

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • 3.) Go bankrupt ?

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • 4.) Seek a refinance loan ?

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

MikhailCA

Before long
I will be suited up like a cop to deliver pizza ?
Even better.

ColdRider

I have Insurance . . .$5,000.00 Deductible.
Sorry about the wrist. Like other's have said, if you are an employee, the employer should pay for medical expense. That or the homeowner's insurance should.

What's your monthly premium for health insurance? Is the $5000 deductible for just you or family too?

I have a "low premium, high deductible" plan so I can take advantage of an HSA. I only pay $40/month for the premium but my deductible is $1500. My job incentivizes us to choose this plan by giving providing $1000 to our HSA account though. I basically use this money to cover my eyeglasses and contacts.

I don't use the insurance to cover prescriptions. I use goodRX and save a ton by going to Costco. I'll never meet my deductible but don't need to.

Did it happen at night? Sorry for your injury.

If at night, ALWAYS carry a flashlight with you on deliveries. It gets very dark in some places!
I send a text saved to my text clipboard saying UberEats order is on its way; please leave a light on so I deliver to the right address; thanks. Some do, some don't , some don't even have an address on the house! Address is hidden on something or just not there. Some people have warned that the the light is burnt out, so at least I'm getting a heads up. They are sometimes waiting at the door, making them easier to spot. Get a good mag light or smaller but still bright TacLight. These will illuminate obstacles.

FLKeys

File a workers comp claim immediately. Then contact a workers comp attorney if you feel the payment is not enough. Keep in mind if you go this route with an attorney you will be giving up your delivery job with the company. If happened while you were working so it will ultimately get turned into a work comp claim.

Gone_in_60_seconds

Sorry about the wrist. Like other's have said, if you are an employee, the employer should pay for medical expense. That or the homeowner's insurance should.

What's your monthly premium for health insurance? Is the $5000 deductible for just you or family too?

I have a "low premium, high deductible" plan so I can take advantage of an HSA. I only pay $40/month for the premium but my deductible is $1500. My job incentivizes us to choose this plan by giving providing $1000 to our HSA account though. I basically use this money to cover my eyeglasses and contacts.

I don't use the insurance to cover prescriptions. I use goodRX and save a ton by going to Costco. I'll never meet my deductible but don't need to.
How does good RX work?

ColdRider

How does good RX work?
It’s an app where you can find the cheapest prices in your area with a coupon you can show from your phone. You’re basically paying the cash price with a discount.

For example, let’s say you have ADHD and are prescribed adderall. Cash price even for generic is roughly $80-120 in my area. Since my deductible is not met, I would have to pay this price or not use insurance and use a coupon instead.

DDBA6F30-CCC9-4930-AB01-6B6AB2114796.png

DDBA6F30-CCC9-4930-AB01-6B6AB2114796.png

MadePenniesToday

Stop looking out for other people. You need to put yourself first when you are injured. Let a lawyer work for you. I've been screwed when I decided to work with an insurance company before. Getting a lawyer doesn't mean you're committing fraud. I got into a car wreck once and wanted to get checked for some pain. I got a lawyer and got checked out. Nothing was wrong with me and I left it at that. They wanted me to do therapy for more money but that's just not me.

lOOKATmE

Who puts a " Step" in a smooth level sidewalk anyway !?!?
Step was Right at the edge of reach of her outside Lights !
Right at the edge of shadow !
Had it been in the light, or in the dark . . . i would have seen it !

Laying in Ambush at the Edge !
I finished work & drove 35 miles home.

The more i used the hand, the more it hurt & seized up !

Have it splinted up from hospital, which immobilizes it and relieves pain.

Have to see an orthopedic Dr.
I now have hospital bill inclu d ing x rays & will soon have orthopedic bill.

I have Insurance . . .$5,000.00 Deductible. View attachment 508270
I'm sure your' employer will cover all medical costs etc.

I will crack Lyft hacks

I flew 10 Feet before crash landing !
Ohh No!

Im sorry buddy.

That is the stupidest step someone could have on A walkway.

If I was a thief and I got hurt on that I would sue.

I hope your feeling ok. Sorry about what happened.

I knew Pizza would get you one day.
Post automatically merged:

Did you wile a police report ?
If not you can not sue . There is zero proof you slipped and fell there.
Yes the home owners insurance would of covered your medical bills.
No you would not get rich. Yes the medical bills would be covered .
No the insurance will not pay for your time off. Your a nobody no offence intended. With out a good lawyer you will not get that paid time off work.
0 proof?

The lady came out while he was laying on the ground there in pain.
What are you smoking?

Last edited:

Immoralized

The old bumpa not going to sue or get worker compensation his going to tough it out old school style because his old school :biggrin:

Going against the crowd or as the Israelis like to call it "The Tenth Man Rule."

" The Tenth Man is a devil’s advocate. If there are 10 people in a room and nine agree, the role of the tenth is to disagree and point out flaws in whatever decision the group has reached."

Don't sue the poor little lady, prepare for the next event and don't pay it anymore mind then absolutely necessarily moving on with life.