I Broke my Wrist Tonight Delivering Pizza !

If i cant work, what should i do ?

• 1.) Sue Homeowner for boobytrap sidewalk?

Votes: 39 60.9%
  • 2.) Collect workmans comp. On minimum wage ?

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • 3.) Go bankrupt ?

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • 4.) Seek a refinance loan ?

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

tohunt4me

That's not a step.

You're probably not the first or last to fall.

You need to sue the owner if not they'll never fix it and eventually someone will get hurt even worse.

The homeowner knew or should have known it was an accident waiting to happen.
If i sue owner
It may scare people off from Deliveries.

That would only be a Last resort.
Post automatically merged:

but but but you are a baller working 7 days a week, few days off. Big money. You should have a wad in the bank.

No problem, right?
All of next months bills are paid.
Just dumped $1,000.00 extra into a vehicle that Still wont start.
Reserves are low.

Been paying all of my bills a month in advance since Covid started.

Buying Survival time.

Economy is Slowing Down.

SHalester

If i sue owner
It may scare people off from Deliveries.
....right, sure it will. She has homeowner insurance; find a lawyer and let the insurance pay you.....but not an all expanse paid vacation around the world. Bills, lost job time and a few bucks for pain, which can't be too much since you are posting away like mad with no memes. :rolleyes:

You will need to pay the lawyer, tho. Since you are a pizza baller, who doesn't get days off, no issues there. right?

tohunt4me

Did you have eyes on phone during this walk of even before?

Then I would say fault of you.
Phones tend to blind you in even well lite area.
Phone was in vehicle.

Should have brought phone for the light.

I think i may start using a flashlight after this.

Last edited:

observer

....right, sure it will. She has homeowner insurance; find a lawyer and let the insurance pay you.....but not an all expanse paid vacation around the world. Bills, lost job time and a few bucks for pain, which can't be too much since you are posting away like mad with no memes. :rolleyes:

You will need to pay the lawyer, tho. Since you are a pizza baller, who doesn't get days off, no issues there. right?
Lol, I didn't even notice the no memes.

He must truly be in pain.

Uberdriver2710

Hope you get better soon.

BTW, I'm working on retiring and replacing gig work earnings with DEFI earnings. I'm making a few bucks a day doing DEFI and plan to compound my earnings until I can get gig work out of my life for good. These evil companies deserve to have all their drivers quit on them.

Johnny Mnemonic

Most important thing I would do is just make sure it's documented at the hospital by the doctor that this is a work related injury and the location/address where it happened.

Hopefully its just a fracture that will heal on its own, but if you require surgery that workers comp coverage will make a world of difference to you.

If you can, continue to work. Ask the doctor for their recommendation and follow it.

Fuzzyelvis

Who puts a " Step" in a smooth level sidewalk anyway !?!?
Step was Right at the edge of reach of her outside Lights !
Right at the edge of shadow !
Had it been in the light, or in the dark . . . i would have seen it !

Laying in Ambush at the Edge !
I finished work & drove 35 miles home.

The more i used the hand, the more it hurt & seized up !

Have it splinted up from hospital, which immobilizes it and relieves pain.

Have to see an orthopedic Dr.
I now have hospital bill inclu d ing x rays & will soon have orthopedic bill.

I have Insurance . . .$5,000.00 Deductible. View attachment 508270
Were you working for a gig company? Because if it's Dominos, etc. you have workmen's comp and no bills.

tohunt4me

I"m going with he is on pain meds and altered. He ain't posting like he usually does.....Well, I'm on opioids too, but I'm ok. right? :biggrin:
Everyone is cutting back on opiods.
They wrote script for Tramadol.

I did not even take ibuprofin.
Felt SO MUCH BETTER after splint stabilized it !

Never filled script.

Fuzzyelvis

Just talk to district manager.
Looks like i will be able to work.
So . . . business as usual with a new bill.

Now to figure how to button pants over zipper with 1 hand !

And shop for slip on shoes
Post automatically merged:

You cant SEE anything. . . . same time as my delivery !

Pitch black.
So you're an EMPLOYEE? Stop screwing around and turn in whatever report you're supposed to, and don't let the managers screw you over. You will have NO medical bills that way. Plus if you have permanent damage you will get a payment (likely not much, but something--I got 3 weeks pay for every 1% of "permanent disability"). The fact that you are able to work is besides the point. You need your wrist fixed, and you need any physical therapy (it's expensive) etc. covered. Theoretically, even years down the road, recurring issues from that injury should be covered.

If you wait to file the report (call your employee 1 800 number if you have to) you may have a lot more issues getting covered. Are you aware it's usually the company policy that you HAVE to report any accident/injury and that you can be fired for NOT reporting it? Once you report you're much better off.

I was injured at work. It's a PITA dealing with them, but it beats trying to pay it yourself.

tohunt4me

So you're an EMPLOYEE? Stop screwing around and turn in whatever report you're supposed to, and don't let the managers screw you over. You will have NO medical bills that way. Plus if you have permanent damage you will get a payment (likely not much, but something--I got 3 weeks pay for every 1% of "permanent disability"). The fact that you are able to work is besides the point. You need your wrist fixed, and you need any physical therapy (it's expensive) etc. covered. Theoretically, even years down the road, recurring issues from that injury should be covered.

If you wait to file the report (call your employee 1 800 number if you have to) you may have a lot more issues getting covered. Are you aware it's usually the company policy that you HAVE to report any accident/injury and that you can be fired for NOT reporting it? Once you report you're much better off.

I was injured at work. It's a PITA dealing with them, but it beats trying to pay it yourself.
I DECLINED WORKMANS COMP.
THAT WONT PAY MY BILLS.

TIPS WILL.

MAYBE " SYMPATHY TIPS "?

Blatherskite

Get a personal injury attorney and go after the homeowner. Nice old lady or not, that’s the reason she’s been paying homeowners insurance all these years. All the insurance company will do to her is make her fix the problem which has been long neglected.

MHR

406F2791-8382-493F-AAC2-18A4B035EA75.jpeg

Did you get a badass cast like this?

Nats121

Who puts a " Step" in a smooth level sidewalk anyway !?!?
Step was Right at the edge of reach of her outside Lights !
Right at the edge of shadow !
Had it been in the light, or in the dark . . . i would have seen it !

Laying in Ambush at the Edge !
I finished work & drove 35 miles home.

The more i used the hand, the more it hurt & seized up !

Have it splinted up from hospital, which immobilizes it and relieves pain.

Have to see an orthopedic Dr.
I now have hospital bill inclu d ing x rays & will soon have orthopedic bill.

I have Insurance . . .$5,000.00 Deductible. View attachment 508270
The injury happened on the job so the pizza shop is required to pay the medical bills.

Last edited: