• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

I believe its time we took a stand against the low rates we've been provided for years.

Are you willing to speak up about the unfair, and unjust rates Houston area drivers are provided?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brent C.

We're going to need to take a stand here. The more people, passengers and drivers we can get involved the better. For years now we've been getting the lowest rates possible. UBER has gotten away with it until this point. I plan to raise awareness for us. I've started a petition. Which is the first step in creating a public profile for us. Creating a strike is a last step, and I do not tend to encourage it unless we hit multiple walls and hurdles from UBER on this issue.

In 2014 our per milage rates were around $1.70. They've decreased it to an insulting level, we're working long hard hours and our earnings are not adding up. Here is a link to the petition. Share it with your family, you friends. Passengers are not aware of how they're shafting us by ordering rides.

https://www.change.org/p/the-houston-uber-drivers-uber-drivers-in-the-houston-area-are-drowning-in-unfair-and-unjustly-low-per-mile-rates

Nats121

We're going to need to take a stand here. The more people, passengers and drivers we can get involved the better. For years now we've been getting the lowest rates possible. UBER has gotten away with it until this point. I plan to raise awareness for us. I've started a petition. Which is the first step in creating a public profile for us. Creating a strike is a last step, and I do not tend to encourage it unless we hit multiple walls and hurdles from UBER on this issue.

In 2014 our per milage rates were around $1.70. They've decreased it to an insulting level, we're working long hard hours and our earnings are not adding up. Here is a link to the petition. Share it with your family, you friends. Passengers are not aware of how they're shafting us by ordering rides.

https://www.change.org/p/the-houston-uber-drivers-uber-drivers-in-the-houston-area-are-drowning-in-unfair-and-unjustly-low-per-mile-rates
I want to sign your petition, but signing it could bring retaliation from uber.

Can it be signed under an assumed name?

Strikes will not work because organzing is very tough, and drivers will cross the picket line as soon as surges pop up.

Brent C.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I want to sign your petition, but signing it could bring retaliation from uber.

Can it be signed under an assumed name?

Strikes will not work because organzing is very tough, and drivers will cross the picket line as soon as surges pop up.
Yes, it can be signed under an assumed name. To my understanding signing it doesn't violate the contracts UBER makes you e-sign.

My posting it, with driver screenshots does, so I'm likely sacrificing my account, so I'm really counting on you guys to make it happen. I'll be there every step of the way. May I ask what your rate breakdowns are where you're from?

Nats121

Think of the low rates as an incentive to find a better gig.:biggrin:
That's no help. If drivers had a bett
Yes, it can be signed under an assumed name. To my understanding signing it doesn't violate the contracts UBER makes you e-sign.

My posting it, with driver screenshots does, so I'm likely sacrificing my account, so I'm really counting on you guys to make it happen. I'll be there every step of the way. May I ask what your rate breakdowns are where you're from?
First step is stop using fuber's phony terms such as rideshare, accounts, partners, independent contractor, deactivation, technology company, etc.

We're poorly paid employee radio dispatched taxi drivers who aren't allowed to do street hails.

Your're not sacrificing your account, you're risking being FIRED.

Also, I REFUSE to quote fuber's phony rates before their "service fee"

There is no service fee. Fuber simply marks up our pay rates and then marks them down.

Here in DC the rates are.... .86 base fare / .81 per mile / .1275 per minute / $3.75 minimum fare

In DC, fuber charges pax $1.80 "booking fee"

Brent C.

That's no help. If drivers had a bett

First step is stop using fuber's phony terms such as rideshare, accounts, partners, independent contractor, deactivation, technology company, etc.

We're poorly paid employee radio dispatch taxi drivers who aren't allowed to do street hails.

Your're not sacrificing your account, you're risking being FIRED.

Also, I REFUSE to quote fuber's phony rates before their "service fee"

There is no service fee. Fuber simply marks up our pay rates and then marks them down.

Here in DC the rates are.... .86 base fare / .81 per mile / .1275 per minute / $3.75 minimum fare
I could not agree more. UBER is abusing contract labor laws to the max. They're abusing us. Even $.86 is too low in my opinion.

I'm hoping to create a public awareness. The passengers with any sense of moral will be willing to fight with us.

IthurstwhenIP

"I'm hoping to create a public awareness. The passengers with any sense of moral will be willing to fight with us."

US: Hey pax did you know Uber has been charging you a lot but then giving drivers peanuts

Pax: Wow, that sucks! I am outaged let me sign...

US: so you support better rates for drivers! YEAH

Pax: No Uber should lower my rates and stop ripping me off

Nats121

I could not agree more. UBER is abusing contract labor laws to the max. They're abusing us. Even $.86 is too low in my opinion.

I'm hoping to create a public awareness. The passengers with any sense of moral will be willing to fight with us.
The problem is the government has failed to enforce independent contractor status laws in many industries, not just rideshare.

Passengers want reliable cheap service more than they want to help us.

Drivers knowing destinations in advance would be the END of bad pay rates.

Brent C.

Especially boober!

Stand up and leave, like this is all a really bad movie.
Then stop paying attention. We're looking for support. If you're incapable of providing such a thing don't follow along. You're trolling people who are trying to do legitimate good for an entire community of people. We will not be suppressed. We will not yield to the likes of you.

itsablackmarket

Then stop paying attention. We're looking for support. If you're incapable of providing such a thing don't follow along. You're trolling people who are trying to do legitimate good for an entire community of people. We will not be suppressed. We will not yield to the likes of you.
People don't care about other people's problems until it somehow effects them. So what's your plan to make that happen? Are you really that powerful? Are you and 10 others that powerful? No. Get a grip on reality.

Brent C.

I signed it. I'm sure Dara will print it out, read it and then use it for toilet paper, but there it is.
Thank you for signing it. I'm sure you're right, but hopefully we're wrong. Our rates are so unjustly low it's embarrassing.

Uberdriver2710

Lolz!, you think boober is going to "yield to the likes of you"?

You are the kind of person boober enjoys sucking value from. Enjoy being a brainwashed slave.:p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.