I asked a rider why he chose pool from the terminals

manuella

he was one of the bros rich but not obnoxious so before the pings started coming in which always happens when you get into the city I asked him why anybody would spend so much time traveling and then choose Uberpool ,mentioned we are about to be flooded with more pick ups lol His answer was

"I thought it only pairs you with another person at sfo "

Silly assumption but one anyone can make,That kind made sense to me ! hopefully uber will rework those airport pools to only pool riders from the terminals

soupergloo

I think that's what most passengers think .. they're fine being paired at the airport, but as soon as I start dropping people off in the city and they continue getting paired with passengers is when they become frustrated.

I still think Lyft does a much better job at Lyft Line than Uber does at Pool.

manuella

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think that's what most passengers think .. they're fine being paired at the airport, but as soon as I start dropping people off in the city and they continue getting paired with passengers is when they become frustrated.

I still think Lyft does a much better job at Lyft Line than Uber does at Pool.
Damn lol you are so savage ! I have only picked up another rider in the city may be once , I wanted the ride to last long cause I was in the middle of a good convo.

Lyft at sfo is like a unicorn for me

soupergloo

Damn lol you are so savage ! I have only picked up another rider in the city may be once , I wanted the ride to last long cause I was in the middle of a good convo.

Lyft at sfo is like a unicorn for me
lol what do you mean, because I pick-up additional passengers in the city from an airport Uberpool? The ONLY reason I'm driving for Uber these days is for their PD+ and every pool pick-up gets me closer to that number quicker .. I couldn't care less about passengers frustration with pool.

I like that Lyft introduced a que system like Uber at SFO now

RedoBeach

I've recently had several passengers pushed into Pool by Uber when they were otherwise attempting to select X.

Last week I had a business traveler heading to the airport. It was 1.3 surge and Uber told him it would only be "xxx" flat fare if you select UberFool, so he did. Yet still, he had no idea how the longer, multiple stop, multiple luggage ride he selected worked and asked me to explain it to him. He wasn't pleased when he found out & rated me as such. Thanks Uber!!

manuella

I've recently had several passengers pushed into Pool by Uber when they were otherwise attempting to select X.

Last week I had a business traveler heading to the airport. It was 1.3 surge and Uber told him it would only be "xxx" flat fare if you select UberFool, so he did. Yet still, he had no idea how the longer, multiple stop, multiple luggage ride he selected worked and asked me to explain it to him. He wasn't pleased when he found out & rated me as such. Thanks Uber!!
People suck lol I think doing uber has made me much more of a negative person

manuella

image.png
lol what do you mean, because I pick-up additional passengers in the city from an airport Uberpool? The ONLY reason I'm driving for Uber these days is for their PD+ and every pool pick-up gets me closer to that number quicker .. I couldn't care less about passengers frustration with pool.

I like that Lyft introduced a que system like Uber at SFO now
You are focused on your money and nobody messes with that lol savage.

Lyft sucks with their que so if it's low like 30 minutes I try to wait on to get pings from the rental place which I decline then get kicked to the back of queue other times wait time is 1 hour or more while uber is 10 sh minutes

yucklyftline

View attachment 49606

You are focused on your money and nobody messes with that lol savage.

Lyft sucks with their que so if it's low like 30 minutes I try to wait on to get pings from the rental place which I decline then get kicked to the back of queue other times wait time is 1 hour or more while uber is 10 sh minutes
Wow, 80+!!! I've never seen that number on my screen before, most was 72 and I high tailed it back to the city. That's an easy 1 and a half wait, minumum!

The influx of lyft premier has also added to the que count, much like at LAX when there are no UberX available because all the select cars are hogging the que

manuella

Wow, 80+!!! I've never seen that number on my screen before, most was 72 and I high tailed it back to the city. That's an easy 1 and a half wait, minumum!

The influx of lyft premier has also added to the que count, much like at LAX when there are no UberX available because all the select cars are hogging the que
Man these guys get in the queu ready to take a nap lol I haven't been able to get lyft to add me on premier , uber won't let us download the inspection sheet anymore which means I have to pay 100$ :oopsies:

yucklyftline

Man these guys get in the queu ready to take a nap lol I haven't been able to get lyft to add me on premier , uber won't let us download the inspection sheet anymore which means I have to pay 100$ :oopsies:
They must be afraid to drive in the city. And they have to screen their calls, if they've got any sense. Wait an hour and a half in the que, get a $7 fare to burlingame and wait in the que again for another hour and a half. 3.5 hours all together for $7. 2 bucks an hour, not including expenses, maybe $1.25 lol, minus the $8 at in & out

ShockSmoove

I agree with soupergloo.. I couldn't care less about a pax's frustration. I need to hit my numbers. They want a quicker ride, they can choose X. Obviously they want a fixed cheaper rate, and in exchange for that, their ride is potentially longer.

They know the implications going in, and have no right to be mad.

Transportador

Haha stupid pax and Pool! Once I picked up these well dressed guys at SFO who just flew in from NYC. One guys was showing off that he can book Uber trips on his Apple Watch. He didn't realize he booked Pool. The damn watch is so small...As soon as we got to the edge of SF we got a Pool match, and they just kept coming. The two original guys were going to a hotel in the Marina. I told them we were going through the gauntlet. They were just dying. It took forever to get to their hotel after 4 total Pool matches. I wanted them to learn and never take Pool again. No mercy, I don't feel sorry for them at all. Meanwhile I racked up rides for the bonus :-)

Adieu

Haha stupid pax and Pool! Once I picked up these well dressed guys at SFO who just flew in from NYC. One guys was showing off that he can book Uber trips on his Apple Watch. He didn't realize he booked Pool. The damn watch is so small...As soon as we got to the edge of SF we got a Pool match, and they just kept coming. The two original guys were going to a hotel in the Marina. I told them we were going through the gauntlet. They were just dying. It took forever to get to their hotel after 4 total Pool matches. I wanted them to learn and never take Pool again. No mercy, I don't feel sorry for them at all. Meanwhile I racked up rides for the bonus :smiles:
Rawk on!

Patrick Swayze

I've had pax tell me they were not able to select Uber X in the app, only Uber Pool. The airport was really busy when this happened. Maybe Uber only gives the option to request pool when there is high demand and not enough drivers at the airport. Maybe my pax are just stupid.

RedoBeach

I've had pax tell me they were not able to select Uber X in the app, only Uber Pool. The airport was really busy when this happened. Maybe Uber only gives the option to request pool when there is high demand and not enough drivers at the airport. Maybe my pax are just stupid.
This was a ride to the airport so I'm not sure.. I've never accepted at the airport. But I have heard from several passengers that Uber app only allowed them the option for Pool.

yucklyftline

I've had the same trouble using the pax app, it won't allow me to stay on Uberx. Usually happens when I'm moving the pin around too much or scrolling between uberx, wav, access, black, or select. It will default to pool when choosing uberx, the only to remedy is to restart the app. I'm sure it's intentional on ubers part. Pool is the moneymaker.

This is on android.