• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

I am new, which level of service should I start with?

UberLuxer

Hello everyone,

I have the chance to get a 6 Cyl BMW for either UberX, UberXL or UberLUX.

I was thinking to get started with UberLUX since Uber is not taking applications for UberBLACK or UberSUV in Los Angeles, but I heard complaints about UberLUX.

Which one should I start with? I wish to choose a service that allows me to make good profit driving only evenings and weekends.

Thank you :smiles:

UberLuxer

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sorry guys, I think I posted in the wrong section! If anyone has an answer I welcome it.

KMANDERSON

Hello everyone,

I have the chance to get a 6 Cyl BMW for either UberX, UberXL or UberLUX.

I was thinking to get started with UberLUX since Uber is not taking applications for UberBLACK or UberSUV in Los Angeles, but I heard complaints about UberLUX.

Which one should I start with? I wish to choose a service that allows me to make good profit driving only evenings and weekends.

Thank you :smiles:
good profit and uber.Two words that don't go together.But if you going to sign up.Sign up with uber xl .cause you do X and xl runs

Dts08

With hind site being 20/20...don't burn up a beemer driving for uber...u will be pissed when u see a broke up four door 2002 Impala getting the same mileage rate as u..and don't think u will be tipped because u have a hi end car...I would try and get a cheaper car that u can walk away from...

With hind site being 20/20...don't burn up a beemer driving for uber...u will be pissed when u see a broke up four door 2002 Impala getting the same mileage rate as u..and don't think u will be tipped because u have a hi end car...I would try and get a cheaper car that u can walk away from...[/QUOTE I can totally agree with you Dts08! I too have a DTS and I just found out my rating today was 4.84 after consistently staying at 4.95. I h

Somehow my last comment got stopped lol! But anyways, out of 81 rated trips, I have 76 5 star rated trips; so I'm wondering what gives? I'm very pleasant, I have all the amenities available, including a "mink" blanket that the passengers just love after having stood out in the cold for a little bit. I wish that Uber would have a questionnaire that would give the rating based on the answers given to the questionnaire. It's too easy to just click on a star and it's very arbitrary. Also, this would give the drivers a clue of what had given them a less than 5 star.

Ecity

"
Somehow my last comment got stopped lol! But anyways, out of 81 rated trips, I have 76 5 star rated trips; so I'm wondering what gives? I'm very pleasant, I have all the amenities available, including a "mink" blanket that the passengers just love after having stood out in the cold for a little bit. I wish that Uber would have a questionnaire that would give the rating based on the answers given to the questionnaire. It's too easy to just click on a star and it's very arbitrary. Also, this would give the drivers a clue of what had given them a less than 5 star.
"mink blanket" ? You should ask my riders how they feel about my snuggies, warm seats, flowers and the wine cellar in the back seat of my car... Catch on, you're late

"

"mink blanket" ? You should ask my riders how they feel about my snuggies, warm seats, flowers and the wine cellar in the back seat of my car... Catch on, you're late
I'm only "late" because I just started driving...but maybe you didn't know that. My car (as you can see) is a Cadillac and it not only has heated seats with variable temp levels, but it also has AIR CONDITIONED seats, (great in the summer time) and built in massagers in the seats as well. The mink blanket adds to the warmth and comfort that is already in the car when I drive up. I don't keep a wine cellar and I don't know what type of vehicle you have to do so. Plus, keep in mind no open containers of alcohol are allowed in the car, so what good is the wine unless you're letting them take it with them. I also have mobile wifi, an assortment of phone chargers for Android and various ones for the different iPhones, aux cords, DVD players, an assortment of candies/gum/breathmints, another container of essentials, i.e. bandaids, tissues, sore throat lozenges, etc...so miss me with your "Catch on, you're late"...I have no ideas what flowers would do for the pax and you're in NYC and I'm in Phoenix...a whole different kind of culture and crowd. I would know, since I used to live in Jersey and NYC, thank you.

Last edited:

Dts08

I'm only "late" because I just started driving...but maybe you didn't know that. My car (as you can see) is a Cadillac and it not only has heated seats with variable temp levels, but it also has AIR CONDITIONED seats, (great in the summer time) and built in massagers in the seats as well. The mink blanket adds to the warmth and comfort that is already in the car when I drive up. I don't keep a wine cellar and I don't know what type of vehicle you have to do so. Plus, keep in mind no open containers of alcohol are allowed in the car, so what good is the wine unless you're letting them take it with them. I also have mobile wifi, an assortment of phone chargers for Android and various ones for the different iPhones, aux cords, DVD players, an assortment of candies/gum/breathmints, another container of essentials, i.e. bandaids, tissues, sore throat lozenges, etc...so miss me with your "Catch on, you're late"...I have no ideas what flowers would do for the pax and you're in NYC and I'm in Phoenix...a whole different kind of culture and crowd. I would know, since I used to live in Jersey and NYC, thank you.
Stop wasting your money and banging your head....these paxs are cheap..the more you give the more they want..I also drive the same car..paxs will tell you all day how much they love ect...but when it comes to showing appreciation for a good ride, nice music open and closing doors, help with suitcases and bags..their just going to say thanks and that's it...

Ecity

Wow miss I was being sarcastic but just realize you are taking this Uber thing to A-WHOLE-NOTHER-LEVEL if you know what I mean. But good job tho, I'm giving you 5 stars

Wow miss I was being sarcastic but just realize you are taking this Uber thing to A-WHOLE-NOTHER-LEVEL if you know what I mean. But good job tho, I'm giving you 5 stars
LOL! I figured as much lmao! Wasn't sure if it was that NYer personality I love, ORRRRRR...someone being bragadocious...so just to be safe (wink) I let it loose...(offering hand)...Soo...no hard feelings? I need to know someone so when I come back to the REAL world, I can hang wit someone :smiles:

And even though I'm taking it to a "whole new level" lmao I still have people who don't want to give me 5 stars lol

Stop wasting your money and banging your head....these paxs are cheap..the more you give the more they want..I also drive the same car..paxs will tell you all day how much they love ect...but when it comes to showing appreciation for a good ride, nice music open and closing doors, help with suitcases and bags..their just going to say thanks and that's it...
EXACTLY! I'm glad you feel my pain...the other night I was getting tons of compliments on my car and its offerings, helped this one dude with his bags at the airport (the one airport couple gave me $5 tip) not one single tip from the guy!

Having worked as a rental car sales agent, I found myself "categorizing" people by where they were from. If I saw a WA state license, I knew damned well it was more than likely that they would NOT get an upsell or accessories...and here are the categories of super cheapos! The listed take the cake!

Northwest Region:
WA

West:
AZ

Midwest:
MN, IL, OH, and WI

Northeast:
MA and ME

Southeast:
VA and FL

Yeah there were cheap asses from all over, but these states stood out for having the most cheapskates...TX was usually generous, but if I met a "Texan" with a cheap or dour attitude, I ask them where they're from (assuming they're from the Midwest, especially WI) and yep! They'll say something like I'm from Wisconsin originally and I'm thinking "I KNEW IT!" And AZ unfortunately, is FULL of Midwesterners lol! My fellow AZ, I'm not trying to start a war with ya guys lmao! But yeah, this was my experience at the rental counter!

Dts08

Yeah that sucks ! Lol you go over and beyond to provide a nice comfortable and reliable service but some riders are hard to please, they'll always find a way not give that 5 star
And and there u have it...paxs feels that 5 stars is a good tip..,and that's what uber wants us to hustle for...stars....