Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

I am Kelly Carter ( We do not Tip...)

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  ColdRider 
#1 ·
Waitress Kelly Carter said a couple had written on the receipt: "Great service don't tip black people."
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ervice-don-tip-black-people-article-1.2941519

I drive for Uber. 1000s of rides completed and a 4.9 Driver Rating. Presume my services provided are at a high level.

And while the story in this article is much much worse, and really should not happen in 2017 America, anywhere.

Somehow, in someway, I feel there is a slight parallel to Uber Drivers. You know, when Riders get out of your vehicle without Tipping.

It just feels like I'm being told, " Your service was great. I'll Tip other Transportation Services (even those with inferior service).

But, " I don't Tip Uber Drivers".

Kelly Carter, you handled your situation extremely well. The couple you provided exceptional service to are ignorant of common sense and manners and social norms.

My skin pigment is lighter than yours. I have different life experiences than you because of it. So in no way can I truly understand what you go through on a daily basis.

But after reading this article, I just kind of feel, in this one particular circumstance, that " I am Kelly Carter".

See less See more
#3 ·
This is almost certainly a hoax, and not a very original hoax. How many of these, now, have been proven false under questioning? Every special snowflake knows they can gin up sympathy with a story of racism and victimhood—except that nobody believes them anymore.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.