Inshur

I am gutted uber is losing its licence

Bobby 54

as mentioned yesterday I have been a part time private hire driver since 1992. Incidents like a gun pulled on a driver, knife to the throats were common occurrences. Happened to myself so I can clarify this. Uber has been brilliant for me. Those who think going to a mini cab will be great, your going to have a shock! Need to give the controller a back hander etc.

FaaaUber

Technology has improved dramatically in last 10 years lots of cab firms have an app. All we need now is a good cars aggregator (all minicab in one platform where consumer can decide which to book according to availability, price, distance and type of car ). I think that's the future.

World's finest

as mentioned yesterday I have been a part time private hire driver since 1992. Incidents like a gun pulled on a driver, knife to the throats were common occurrences. Happened to myself so I can clarify this. Uber has been brilliant for me. Those who think going to a mini cab will be great, your going to have a shock! Need to give the controller a back hander etc.
Have you ever asked how brilliant was uber for full timers?

World's finest

The answer is all over this forum, you're just choosing to ignore it because you're biased.
If you weren't so biased you would easier understand my post wasn't really a question demanding answer. Exactly because the answers are all over internet. But your friend OP has failed to spot them or perhaps just chose to ignore them.

Cabbie2B

So?
I was sweet in my old firm with controllers.

It is called business investment!!!!

T7000

If you weren't so biased you would easier understand my post wasn't really a question demanding answer. Exactly because the answers are all over internet. But your friend OP has failed to spot them or perhaps just chose to ignore them.
Can you really be that ignorant ?, there's no need to look all over the internet, hence the reason why Uber drivers are here on this forum telling you that they'd rather work with the devil they know than the devil they dont!

So?
I was sweet in my old firm with controllers.

It is called business investment!!!!
Well, that's fantastic!
For YOU
How does that help any of the Uber drivers on here ?

Shane Sheikh

Technology has improved dramatically in last 10 years lots of cab firms have an app. All we need now is a good cars aggregator (all minicab in one platform where consumer can decide which to book according to availability, price, distance and type of car ). I think that's the future.
Won't work as well,

1 takes more time to choose firm (comparing prices etc)

2 drivers won't be spread out, longer to arrive

If it's not Uber definitely another company will come and take over

Zack29

Why can't TFL create an app for PH drivers and charge only 5% commission.
since they love money -and used to be in bed with uber.

They should also - cap the PH number

-they should also go ahead with, the advance driving test.

- introduce 2 years to learn the PH knowledge.
-5 years London residency.
-English GCSE grade C the minimum requirements.

Last edited:

I know not what I do

Another uber office worker ?
Really where you did you work Brixton 1981.
When uber and their part timers are gone it's Christmas and eid for rest of us .

T7000

Why can't TFL create an app for PH drivers and charge only 5% commission.
since they love money -and used to be in bed with uber.

They should also - cap the PH number

-they should also go ahead with, the advance driving test.

- introduce 2 years to learn the PH knowledge.
-5 years London residency.
-English GCSE grade C the minimum requirements.
Because that would go against their interests (TAXIS) :wink:

Jaythegee

u are brain damage if u tink that

babasanfur

What about water aux cable loud music youngster eating mcdonalds at the back of your car
Trading pride with safety is wrong

Last edited:

real taxi bod

Because that would go against their interests (TAXIS) :wink:
If you read all the leaked emails between TfL and uber you will quite clearly see that the interest of taxis came very low on the agenda .
When you see the tone and content of the emails as the years went on, you could quite clearly see the tail was wagging the dog.
The mood has been changing over the last year to the point we are at now.
Uber blew it, they had everything with a foot in all camps, media, government, TfL , and just about anyone money could buy, yet it wasn't enough and they threw it all away.
Uber deserves to be in the position it is.

Jaythegee

If you read all the leaked emails between TfL and uber you will quite clearly see that the interest of taxis came very low on the agenda .
When you see the tone and content of the emails as the years went on, you could quite clearly see the tail was wagging the dog.
Uber blew it, they had everything with a foot in all camps, media, government, TfL , and just about anyone money could buy, yet it wasn't enough and they threw it all away.
Uber deserves to be shut down in every country it's absolutely scam

Uber-man

I really dont think uber was denied because they were flexing too much muscle in London. I believe it’s much more sinister than that, Micheal Corleone (uber) negotiating with a corrupt Senator (tfl) in Godfather II comes to mind for some reason.
The astronomical hike in operators licence fees was an offering to totally anhilate every possible competition, which of course uber gave the finger to...hence this rather hasty & early announcement by the tfl outfit.
So bc drivers, I wouldn’t get too excited yet...tfl is still up for grab if the price is right.

Last edited:

FaaaUber

What about water aux cable loud music black youngster eating mcdonalds at the back of your car
Trading pride with safety is wrong
What is wrong with you always have negative things to say about blacks or Somali. Most of the time is drunk white guys that want to eat in a cab.