I am doing something wrong.

Crocodile

Hi all :smiles:

I have been driving for uber for not too long but I am really doing something wrong. I have signed up here on the boards hoping to get some good info. I have of course ran into some stuff that sounds great and some other stuff that just demoralizes me further than I already am.

I live in Antioch in the East Bay and I can only drive a limited amount of hours each week due to my schedule and taking care of my kids and such. I drive Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday in the morning starting at about 5 and then I drive on Friday and Saturday nights. I dont feel so bad about the Fri / Sat nights because I do decently well. However, I am doing something majorly wrong in the mornings that I figured would be great.

Now before I mention my problem I try to start in the area I live and see if I can eventually go out more inland to the bay area. If it seems nothing is happening then I will start to drive to places that I figure are busy and have to have some business like Concord, Walnut Creek, and basically all the way down 680 to as far as pleasanton. If someone needs a ride to either of the airports then great and I take it from there but the problem is I have no idea what im doing wrong but im not making any money.

I honestly am convinced that the app is messing with me or having technical troubles because for example, today, Tuesday 7/12 I started in Antioch and by 10am made my way all the way through to Livermore and had a total of 1 trip. I had this last week too on Tuesday, and Thursday. I started to think that dam the ONLY day to drive in the morning is Monday.

Now , I have heard of an app that I can see where other Uber drivers are?? Something called Pax something or other? I have checked the Play Store on my phone and have found nothing of the sort. I have become full on demoralized as I cannot make any money and cannot seem to catch 1 rider from 5 - 11 am.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks so much in advance!

nicolephlsfo

I don't drive East Bay, just SF, but can say the past few weeks have been somewhat slow. If you read through the forums you'll see members posting about hourly guarantee offers they received. When an hourly guarantee is in effect, it causes a slew of drivers out on the roads and I have a lot of trouble getting any requests. So I pay attention to these boards and drive outside those guarantee hours, which may not be an option for you. The app you were looking for is just called "uber". It is the app passengers use to request rides, and on this board passengers is abbreviated as "pax". If you look at this app, as if you were using the platform to request a ride, you will see realtime info about the cars around you. Best of luck

manuella

Hate to say this as we are already contested but your solution is to dead mile to sf not Berkeley or Oakland but sf put in 6 hours or less then head back home

AceManShow

I have been driving for uber for not too long but I am really doing something wrong. I have signed up here on the boards hoping to get some good info. I have of course ran into some stuff that sounds great and some other stuff that just demoralizes me further than I already am.

I live in Antioch in the East Bay and I can only drive a limited amount of hours each week due to my schedule and taking care of my kids and such. I drive Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday in the morning starting at about 5 and then I drive on Friday and Saturday nights. I dont feel so bad about the Fri / Sat nights because I do decently well. However, I am doing something majorly wrong in the mornings that I figured would be great.

Now before I mention my problem I try to start in the area I live and see if I can eventually go out more inland to the bay area. If it seems nothing is happening then I will start to drive to places that I figure are busy and have to have some business like Concord, Walnut Creek, and basically all the way down 680 to as far as pleasanton. If someone needs a ride to either of the airports then great and I take it from there but the problem is I have no idea what im doing wrong but im not making any money.

I honestly am convinced that the app is messing with me or having technical troubles because for example, today, Tuesday 7/12 I started in Antioch and by 10am made my way all the way through to Livermore and had a total of 1 trip. I had this last week too on Tuesday, and Thursday. I started to think that dam the ONLY day to drive in the morning is Monday.

Now , I have heard of an app that I can see where other Uber drivers are?? Something called Pax something or other? I have checked the Play Store on my phone and have found nothing of the sort. I have become full on demoralized as I cannot make any money and cannot seem to catch 1 rider from 5 - 11 am.

Drive in SAN FRANCISCO. That's where the real demand is.

Most people outside of San Francisco have cars and do not have problems parking.

SF = no parking, so the demand is high.

Crocodile

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks a lot to you guys for the help. I have been on the fence about driving in the city just because it was a lengthy ride there for me and ive read here and there not to really chase surges or fares but I guess in my situation I have to go where the business is , plain and simple.

Thanks a lot, this helps guys! I appreciate it!

Uberpoordriver

Go straight to SF like all the other 100,000 drivers that's where you can take in the money and go back to Antioch

Crocodile

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Any tips for where in SF I should go or start? Or do I just drive across the bridge and go wherever?

Euius

Any tips for where in SF I should go or start? Or do I just drive across the bridge and go wherever?
Set destination filter to outer richmond (or outer sunset, or SFO, or daly city, whichever you prefer) and then turn it off at the end of the first ride to take you over the bridge and let the fares take you wherever.