I am attacked by a aggressive female Rider

Punkdriver

Short story: Went to pick someone, female came in car and started swearing without provocation. 1st I tried to be cool and wanted to see her motive but couldn't find any reason. I requested her to go out of my car. She declined and use F and other abusive words continuously. At this point, I came out of my car and started filming her. She tried to snatch my phone and physically attacked me. Her try to snatch my phone is filmed in my phone. But when she tried to attack me, I had to finish recording and I immediately dialled 000.

On seeing I am calling police, she ran away from scene.

Uber has been notified. Uber asked for video and details. I provided. No more words from Uber. What a crap company.

I need to see some lawyer and some psychologist ASAP. I can't continue to drive in these conditions. And yes rider rating was 4.4. I went to pick her up because it was surge job.

Homebrand Taxi

Much sympathy. If you want a more immediate response, request Uber call you. They will. Lawyer will be of help if you make it a civil matter but it is a criminal one and thus the cops are meant to be the first responders. Take it easy and remind yourself of how many pax are NOT like that.

LevelX

Shine lawyers might be able to help you........

At least you're ok and no real damage to the car or yourself. Mental state is a bit different.

daredevil

Short story: Went to pick someone, female came in car and started swearing without provocation. 1st I tried to be cool and wanted to see her motive but couldn't find any reason. I requested her to go out of my car. She declined and use F and other abusive words continuously. At this point, I came out of my car and started filming her. She tried to snatch my phone and physically attacked me. Her try to snatch my phone is filmed in my phone. But when she tried to attack me, I had to finish recording and I immediately dialled 000.

Uber has been notified. Uber asked for video and details. I provided. No more words from Uber. What a crap company.

I need to see some lawyer and some psychologist ASAP. I can't continue to drive in these conditions. And yes rider rating was 4.4. I went to pick her up because it was surge job.

ah mate uber dont give a f thats why they make you agree to all their terms and condition, any bets she ll just create a new account and chances are one of us ants will pick her up with a nice 5.0 rating.

hope you recover well and dont get too worked up over it. there are kents out there in wars and going through much worse. Its part of being a uber driver to put up with scum, hope uber actually start verifying who its users are, because clearly who is serving the customer is verified but then a complete stranger jumping in your car at 3am isnt :S

UDOG

Don't worry about pushing it too far with police only follow up with uber. You will get nowhere as there was no damage to property or person , you be wasting your time

Damo66

I disagree, if she assaulted you then you should definitely follow it up with the police and insist that she is prosecuted.

Punkdriver

I disagree, if she assaulted you then you should definitely follow it up with the police and insist that she is prosecuted.
I am going to file complain with police. Uber is not cooperating as usual and giving can responses.

LevelX

I am going to file complain with police. Uber is not cooperating as usual and giving can responses.

Not shocked about Uber turning a blind eye......

Fully support the police route if you want/need to, But stepping back from it, what are you wanting to get out of it? ie what do you want the police to do?

As there was no property damage and yes you had been attacked, but from the sounds of it no physical harm happened to you, plus you'll never see this person again as they don't live over the road from you. I'm really not sure what 'value' you'll get out it.

I'm sure your mental state will feel better after it though.

1* them, you'll never be matched again. Have a stuff drink and the night off!

Punkdriver

Not shocked about Uber turning a blind eye......

Fully support the police route if you want/need to, But stepping back from it, what are you wanting to get out of it? ie what do you want the police to do?

As there was no property damage and yes you had been attacked, but from the sounds of it no physical harm happened to you, plus you'll never see this person again as they don't live over the road from you. I'm really not sure what 'value' you'll get out it.

I'm sure your mental state will feel better after it though.

1* them, you'll never be matched again. Have a stuff drink and the night off!

My mints were stolen from the car by the female rider. Mints costed me $6. So property stolen from the car which belonged to me. Recorded in the video.

I was physically attacked. Taking a drink and night off is not the answer. She need to learn the lesson and Uber need to verify riders.

Uber has duty of care to match riders and drivers in safe manner. I will talk to Lawyer on Monday to discuss how Uber neglect its duty of care. In this case, Uber clearly neglect its duty of care. May be I can't win against almighty Uber but continuous small blows like this will definitely have positive impact in the long run.

Last edited:

LevelX

I was physically attacked. Taking a drink and night off is not the answer

Ok, as I said, take a step back, which you have and if you feel you need to press ahead, then go for it! Fully support the police route if thats what you need!

Uber has duty of care to match riders and drivers in safe manner

This they do! and that 'lady' should have her account closed for her actions!

I will talk to Lawyer on Monday

Shine lawyers seems to like going after Uber, they are the one for the QLD lady. No win, no fee. So might work for you :smiles:

Deedub

My mints were stolen from the car by the female rider. Mints costed me $6. So property stolen from the car which belonged to me. Recorded in the video.

I was physically attacked. Taking a drink and night off is not the answer. She need to learn the lesson and Uber need to verify riders.

Uber has duty of care to match riders and drivers in safe manner. I will talk to Lawyer on Monday to discuss how Uber neglect its duty of care. In this case, Uber clearly neglect its duty of care. May be I can't win against almighty Uber but continuous small blows like this will definitely have positive impact in the long run.

Hahaha awwwww your $6 mints. Serves you right for having mints in the first place

tohunt4me

An Angry Hormonal Cougar needs no reason to attack.
Be glad you escaped with your life !

Punkdriver

Hahaha awwwww your $6 mints. Serves you right for having mints in the first place

Let me talk to the Lawyer. I will share the video part where she is clearly steeling mints from center console and putting in her bag. She looked very trained shop lifter. Like within seconds and with so accuracy she stole it. I was only aware she stole mints after watching video couple of times. Lol..... It's not $6. It's matter of principal.

Overuber

Go to the police first then try uber again, if no response go to the media. This is where ubers lack of support will let them down, send details to your local member of parliament and demand some type of action.....So much for occupational health and safety!