1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

I am a new uber driver got suspended

Discussion in 'Ratings' started by Lawrence Levitt, Jan 11, 2016.

1. UberMensch2015

UberMensch2015 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    You're paying 860 bucks a month for a car? I... I just can't even anymore.

Shangsta likes this.
  2. Cndragon

Cndragon Member

Dont judge me! You dont even know me! You dont even know!!! :eek:

Lol no seriously...yeah its insane. For sure... but my car died and I have none at the moment so Im doing this Enterprise rental thing. If I can manage to keep my acceptance rate at 90% and do 75 rides a week, I get a credit to pay for the rental.

But the cost is actually comparable to when I did have a car...I didnt have payments, but it was 10 years old, I was putting in about 300+ in repairs every month (with more on the list that I couldnt afford) my insurance was $250 a month because of the requirements of my last job to have a certain type of policy, and I was spending over $100 in gas every week. So with a car I didnt have payments on I was spending about $900 easy a month. And the job I had was not in any way paying enough to make it worth it. I was actually relived when my car died and I had to quit my job. Huge load off.

So...as crazy as it sounds...this is actually not bad taking all that into consideration. I refuse to lease a car esp thorugh Ubers leasing program, and dont have down payment money to put down on one now. Id anyway rather save up and buy a decent used car outright instead of spending twice the value of a car in interest. So thats where Im at at the moment.

3. UberMensch2015

UberMensch2015 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I'm not judging man, I just genuinely hate Uber/Enterprise/Whoever is the financing agent behind this deal. This is usury. There is no way that this rate for a lease/rental/whatever is fair. I FINANCED a luxury car once at 750 a month, that car was worth 60k. They are targeting people with limited resources and bad credit. Its predatory. I just feel for you man.

Even if its your only financial route that doesn't make it any more moral for them to create such a trap. I hope you can find a real job soon, one that pays you and doesn't demand you pay them.

Cndragon likes this.
  4. Cndragon

Cndragon Member

Yeah, that really is the truth. The options are incredibly horrible for someone caught between a rock and a hard place as I am. I consider this the least offensive of my options since Im not locked into any sort of contract, and I can just return the car and be done with it at any time with no further obligation unlike the leasing or financing options. But its not ideal...not by a long shot.

5. Reversoul

Reversoul Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Hope your driving is better than your use of punctuation and grammar.

6. fiyawalker

fiyawalker Active Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Lol

7. steveK2016

steveK2016 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    All his expenses are paid from that, as the enterprise costs usually includes maintenance and insurance. Still not a great deal, but outside of gas, he's got nothing else. Plus I'm sure since this deal is a rental specifically for Ubering, that most, if not all, of the costs of the rental is tax deductible.

He isn't doing too bad outside of that... if he could save more on his vehicle cost, he'd be doing a lot better than many of the other drivers here.

8. freediverdude

freediverdude Active Member

$215 a week rental includes insurance too? Geez maybe I should do that instead of this Xchange lease at $185 plus $250 a month insurance.

9. Cndragon

Cndragon Member

Yup... the $215 includes insurance..everything really except gas. I can keep it however long I want. If it's due for any maintenance while I have it, I can take it to any Firestone, no cost to me.

And I can exchange it out for another car if I want so if I don't like it anymore or they have something better or newer, I can just trade out. So there are some pluses that help make the cost less painful.

Right now I have a 2016 Hyundai Elantra...which is great cause I'm very tall and the legroom is perfect. But if something more fuel efficient is ever available, I'd jump on it.

Side note: I'm a she :oops::D

10. jfinks

jfinks Well-Known Member

Do you have big hands?

11. Cndragon

Cndragon Member

I'm pretty sure this is a trick question...

Alright well, the answer is 42.

12. stephan

stephan Active Member

Why offer ,for mesirable a dollar ^ mile ,i Don't offer nothing ,keep your car clean that's it,my rating is 4.7 ,and average rating is 4.4 4.5 in this town, lot of crappy pax lol. Just don't accept ping from low rated ppl and bad neighborhood. You will be fine, my rating was once 4.1 I'm on more than 700 trips

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  13. uberdavid

uberdavid Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    some passengers want blow jobs ....you might want to try That !

14. RugbyJim

RugbyJim New Member

My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre,” Ford muttered to himself, “and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.” :)

Cndragon likes this.