I almost killed 2 pedistrians

Sid hartha

It was late night in downtown Sacramento area. there were no street lights at a 4-way stop sign intersection. I thought I was clear and was started to put the gas after stopping but my pas yelled out and immediately stopped. I was half a second from running over a couple that was crossing. The guy rightly jumped thinking I was going to hit him. My heart started to race. Thanked the pas and the ride ended without incident.
I occasionally have PTSD kind of flashbacks and think about how my life would change if I hit the couple. Manslaughter- jail - guilt

Ever have such an experience?

Christinebitg

I occasionally have PTSD kind of flashbacks and think about how my life would change if I hit the couple.
A little over 10 years ago, I was driving home from work in my Ford Explorer. It was about noon, because we worked half days on Fridays. It was a bright sunny day. Beautiful weather.

I was doing 60 mph (that's about 100 kmh for those so inclined). I looked away for a second. When I looked back, there was traffic at a standstill in front of me.

I jammed on the brake and jerked the wheel over to move the car into the next lane. I still don't know by how much exactly I missed the car in front of me. My estimate is less than one foot. I was still going about 40 mph at the time. (!)

I fishtailed that Explorer several times in the next lane before I got it under control. Thank goodness for the latest in stability control. Otherwise I probably would have rolled it several times.

I consider myself to be one of the luckiest people on the planet. I don't know how bad the accident would have been, but it would have been truly horrible. Very possibly multiple fatalities, maybe including me.

tohunt4me

It was late night in downtown Sacramento area. there were no street lights at a 4-way stop sign intersection. I thought I was clear and was started to put the gas after stopping but my pas yelled out and immediately stopped. I was half a second from running over a couple that was crossing. The guy rightly jumped thinking I was going to hit him. My heart started to race. Thanked the pas and the ride ended without incident.
I occasionally have PTSD kind of flashbacks and think about how my life would change if I hit the couple. Manslaughter- jail - guilt

No.

Sometimes
People wearing all black in the dark have come very close to becoming " Road Lubricant".

Cvillegordo

When I worked the road as a police officer, I was often in congested areas, sometimes going fast to a call, and pedestrian accidents were my worst nightmare. Thankfully I never hit one, but I had some really close calls.

W00dbutcher

No biggie. If you had run them over, all you have to do is execute your passenger then frame him for doing the couple. Stage the crime scene, make it look like a murder suicide.

Sprinkle some crack on all of them for good measure.
Wtf happen to you?

UberApfel

Have you considered learning how to drive? Damn right you have PTSD, you're the type that thinks driving is so easy that a robot can do it and thus you underestimate and drive like a reckless @@@@@@@. You're just a future loyal customer.

bobbbobbobb

Yes. About once every 3 or 4 months. it's usually because I'm not coming to a complete stop. Or it's because an entire group of people is hidden behind one of the huge A-pillars at the side of my Prius windshield. I really need to come to a complete stop and do the bob and weave back and forth and side to side to make sure no one's there.

Crosbyandstarsky

Get over it and stop the drama..PTSD. No it’s called pitty party and drama

bobbbobbobb

Your conscience would survive killing them? Are you joking or just reviving the silly personal responsibility trope?

tohunt4me

Dent my car & be at Fault.

You or your Estate shall pay !

If You Die
Due to being an unsafe Idiot

1 Less Idiot.