I’m taking all pools today.. your welcome

Basmati

Short Pool trips are the best. Easy $3.50 for a mile trip, I'll take them all day too. A short Pool is way better than a short X. Even the long pools are good, as I posted in screenshots from the other thread. All the drivers that keep crying how they aren't making money are the ones not taking Pool.

SouthFLuberlady

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Short Pool trips are the best. Easy $3.50 for a mile trip, I'll take them all day too. A short Pool is way better than a short X. Even the long pools are good, as I posted in screenshots from the other thread. All the drivers that keep crying how they aren't making money are the ones not taking Pool.
Yes if your in a area that is likely to be short rides on pool it can be worth it. Personally I go to one stop when I don’t wanna go far from home and 8/10 times I stay in the area and make a decent amount of money. On a typical day tho I must admit that I am a 1 a day pool driver. Maybe one day I will break the habit but I’ve lost a lot of time on pools so I was at a point I gave up..

SouthFLuberlady

I stopped taking pools and now Uber is giving me just short X that pays less than short pools.
Hey happens to us all. I’ve said it before but when I was at the green light hub overheard the employee telling a driver that they are monitoring the drivers who “ignore” pool and working on getting them off the platform.. do I think he was blowing smoke up that drivers behind.. yes bc there is always someone to accept pool...

SouthFLuberlady

Algorithm must know me well enough by now bc oddly enough I only received one pool request today which was my 1st trip of the day...

Working4peanuts

So, it appears you don't count the time or mileage it takes you to pick up a pax as a cost. Sure, I'd be happy with a $3.25 payment for a one mile ride, but what about the 2.5 mile, 8 minute trip you took to pick them up, not including the 119 seconds they made you wait before they came outside?

I used to do pools before this latest rate cut. I do agree with some of your points. However, no matter which way you choose to look at it, Uber is paying you $7 an hour to lose a few pennies on every mile you drive in that hour. You can't argue with the numbers.

HOWEVER, I do see you've been doing this for like 5 years so I have no doubt you've figured out a way to squeeze a few pennies out of this gig.

The only two things that help anyone eke out a profit are surges and tips-both of which are on the endangered species list.

Basmati

So, it appears you don't count the time or mileage it takes you to pick up a pax as a cost. Sure, I'd be happy with a $3.25 payment for a one mile ride, but what about the 2.5 mile, 8 minute trip you took to pick them up, not including the 119 seconds they made you wait before they came outside?

I used to do pools before this latest rate cut. I do agree with some of your points. However, no matter which way you choose to look at it, Uber is paying you $7 an hour to lose a few pennies on every mile you drive in that hour. You can't argue with the numbers.

HOWEVER, I do see you've been doing this for like 5 years so I have no doubt you've figured out a way to squeeze a few pennies out of this gig.

The only two things that help anyone eke out a profit are surges and tips-both of which are on the endangered species list.
There really isn't much to it. If you just accept every ping you should be able to gross $15+ an hour until school lets out. Definitely is slower in the summer tho.

SubaruLegacy

Yes, Uber really doesn't care and neither do I. And honestly law enforcement doesn't care either. I've picked up minors in front of cops many times.
Yea of course they don't care. Who cares is the insurance companies. When you get in an accident you are going to be 100% uninsured.

Working4peanuts

Yes, Uber really doesn't care and neither do I. And honestly law enforcement doesn't care either. I've picked up minors in front of cops many times.
And that's EXACTLY why Uber gets away with their bullshit each and every day with impunity.

They can ALWAYS find an ant willing to sacrifice their morals and ethics for a dollar. Or should I say $2.50?

Seriously, although I believed you don't really understand the true economic "profit" you think you make driving for Uber, I respect that you seem to truly believe what you're saying.

After your last post, I can no longer continue to grant you any latitude. Simply put, you're a hack. God help you when the next underage girl accuses you of rape, whether she's telling the truth or not. And it will happen.

You will get no sympathy from anyone. You reap what you sow. Good luck with that.

Basmati

Don't know why you guys still drive for Uber if you can't make it work for you. I agree that things could be better but I'm definitely making decent money. Seems most of the people who post on this forum are just miserable and want to keep making excuses instead of actually trying. I've tracked my numbers and posted the results many times. If you guys aren't doing well it is really all on you.

joebo1963

I do believe as a driver I have to find a way to make this ride share work for me and I try to drive efficiently taking trips within my zone. South beach is not my zone. I like Broward. I just find too many dead miles coming off long rides. And yes I can do $15 hr without pool and shared by using my system.

Rzz17

Dude, I believe the money you make. and congratulations on your earning. but you shouldn't take the minor. Too much risk for too little rewards. it is almost like driving without insurance or worse. You told us what you have save. Good For you. Don't ruin your hard working money for unnecessary risk that may cause you big financial lost or even a prison time for something you do not do. You should have the luxury to reject those trips. that money just ain't worthy.

joebo1963

I too keep track of earnings and miles driven but time and earnings per hour are also important. Today $100 in 6 hours and 125 miles. But no cancels. Yesterday 3 cancels $75 in 5 hours 70 miles It fluctuates

Basmati

Mine fluctuates too but I'm usually in that $0.90 to $0.95 per mile range for the day. And $15 to $22 an hour. I don't plan on working much in the summer tho when it gets really slow. Last summer I didn't do Uber / Lyft at all, only Amazon Flex.

SouthFLuberlady

Nope no more pools had my fair share for today which was one but it was pouring down rain traffic wouldny move.. argued with rider 4 that what ever address he put as pick up that’s where I will be no where else.. wait the time to cancel.. can’t cancel try at least 10 times had to drive 5 blocks till I could cancel . have 2 pax in my car who are ready to leave but of course I have no idea where they are going and they don’t speak English... yup after 40 mins and $12 later... I will go back to my ways... accept one pool and turn off additional requests...