• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

I’m not tipping unless a driver gives me 5 stars

DriversAreMean

Hello all you entitled drivers who seem to think everyone should be tipping in cash on a cashless app and that you deserve extra money because...reasons

I’ve been lurking on this board for a while and I can tell you I hate tipping! Everyone expects it, and they feel like they’re owed a certain percentage of the bill too. Like 18-22% (after tax as well so that’s another scam). Not only that, but everyone in the service industry puts people in an akward position to hand over extra cash without knowing WHY they’re paying it and what is expected. For example, I was asked to tip on a 5 minute $70 hair removal session. I wasn’t expecting to tip on a 5 minute procedure that was already $79 with tax and felt fleeced. Of course I felt too intimidated to ask as I have more sessions to go but that’s what all you service people expect? Just put the pressure on your customers and make new rules for how much of a percentage is expected and we should just cave in and go along! You hate customers, you never feel bad about how entitled you are to their money and feel owed. You never stop and think that they are already paying good money for the service and good service includes not asking/expecting extra $ like a glorified pan handler at the end.

Okay, back to Uber, you guys seems to HATE your customers so let me tell you things from my perspective:
It’s pathetic you guys put in tip jars and pan handle in your own car lol
It’s wrong to put that kind of social pressure on customers or expect more than the bill
Trying to guide the conversation to tipping
It’s wrong to be mad at customers for not giving you cash on a cashless app
It’s wrong to not realize how akward tipping a small amount of cash is to a driver
It’s pathetic you 1 star your customers for not tipping in cash or guessing they will not tip
It’s wrong to 1 star customers in a hunch they won’t tip or because you didn’t like how short/long the ride is just like you don’t want to be 1 starred for things out of your control
It’s wrong to 1 star riders for saying they’ll tip you in the app when they actually do
It’s wrong to say customers are cheap, I don’t think Uber is cheap it’s $10 for a 3 blocks, that’s not cheap

I recently went to and from somewhere and my rating went from a 4.87 to a 4.84. I was thinking what I could have done wrong? I was waiting outside when they arrived, said hello and thank you as I left, and I don’t talk during the ride as I’m a quiet person. I’m clean and polite. Now I wait 24 hours to see if my rating goes up or down and then I tip. No way I’m tipping you generally unemployable banshees unless I know you 5 starred me. I’m not being stupid enough anymore to tip you for down rating me. If I was that bad then you shouldn’t want my extra money. I hope everyone passenger reads this and waits to tip.

Just an FYI: I literally get NO satisfaction handing over extra money to someone I’ll never see after I’ve left your vehicle. Especially now knowing I’ve tipped people who have given me 1-4 stars

Last edited:

Alabama Lou

I think a lot of drivers that downrate passengers are doing so out of frustration for the job in general. And some passengers deserve to be downrated for not tipping. I wouldn't, but that's just me. And maybe like others here my mindset will someday change. Until then,

There are times when tipping should be mandatory on long pick up minimal fare rides. Or when you get out of your car with an umbrella in pouring rain so your passenger doesn't have to get soaking wet before work. Its good for business and the passengers experience as a rider.

DriversAreMean

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think a lot of drivers that downrate passengers are doing so out of frustration for the job in general. And some passengers deserve to be downrated for not tipping. I wouldn't, but that's just me. And maybe like others here my mindset will someday change. Until then,

There are times when tipping should be mandatory on long pick up minimal fare rides. Or when you get out of your car with an umbrella in pouring rain so your passenger doesn't have to get soaking wet before work. Its good for business and the passengers experience as a rider.
Most people will tip on the app, so you downrated someone before you even know. And why should passengers be downrated for not tipping, why be downrated for not doing something that is optional, something they were told they did not need to do in the beginning by the CEO?

It would be like me downrating you for not giving me water and candy. I do not expect it. And you shouldn’t expect extra from me either.

I’ve had an Uber give me an umbrella, since he went above and beyond I tipped the highest from the pre set options. Tips are for extra service, great service, not a secret tax for doing what I paid you to do.

If you leave me 1 star, I go back and return the favor on principle.
Post automatically merged:

I'm giving you one ? for your troll post. Hope you order Uber eats and I deliver. Special sauce, no charge.
How am I a troll? I am not tipping unless I get 5 stars. Seems fair. I have the privilege to wait and rate and tip at my convenience. If anyone is the troll it’s the drivers that 1 star everyone because they’re mad at the world and still expect big tips. I hate the sense of entitlement it needs to stop.

Last edited:

RideshareUSA

Hello all you entitled drivers who seem to think everyone should be tipping in cash on a cashless app and that you deserve extra money because...reasons

I’ve been lurking on this board for a while and I can tell you I hate tipping! Everyone expects it, and they feel like they’re owed a certain percentage of the bill too. Like 18-22% (after tax as well so that’s another scam). Not only that, but everyone in the service industry puts people in an akward position to hand over extra cash without knowing WHY they’re paying it and what is expected. For example, I was asked to tip on a 5 minute $70 hair removal session. I wasn’t expecting to tip on a 5 minute procedure that was already $79 with tax and felt fleeced. Of course I felt too intimidated to ask as I have more sessions to go but that’s what all you service people expect? Just put the pressure on your customers and make new rules for how much of a percentage is expected and we should just cave in and go along! You hate customers, you never feel bad about how entitled you are to their money and feel owed. You never stop and think that they are already paying good money for the service and good service includes not asking/expecting extra $ like a glorified pan handler at the end.

Okay, back to Uber, you guys seems to HATE your customers so let me tell you things from my perspective:
It’s wrong to put that kind of social pressure on customers or expect more than the bill
It’s wrong to not realize how akward tipping a small amount of cash is to a driver
It’s pathetic you 1 star your customers for not tipping in cash or guessing they will not tip
It’s wrong to 1 star customers in a hunch they won’t tip or because you didn’t like how short/long the ride is just like you don’t want to be 1 starred for things out of your control
It’s wrong to 1 star riders for saying they’ll tip you in the app when they actually do
It’s wrong to say customers are cheap, I don’t think Uber is cheap it’s $10 for a 3 blocks, that’s not cheap

I recently went to and from somewhere and my rating went from a 4.87 to a 4.84. I was thinking what I could have done wrong? I was waiting outside when they arrived, said hello and thank you as I left, and I don’t talk during the ride as I’m a quiet person. I’m clean and polite. Now I wait 24 hours to see if my rating goes up or down and then I tip. No way I’m tipping you generally unemployable banshees unless I know you 5 starred me. I’m not being stupid enough anymore to tip you for down rating me. If I was that bad then you shouldn’t want my extra money. I hope everyone passenger reads this and waits to tip.

Just an FYI: I literally get NO satisfaction handing over extra money to someone I’ll never see after I’ve left your vehicle. Especially now knowing I’ve tipped people who have given me 1-4 stars
Do yourself and drivers a big favor, and stop riding with Uber.
See how easy that was!

DriversAreMean

Do yourself and drivers a big favor, and stop riding with Uber.
See how easy that was!
I don’t want to stop riding with Uber, but I will wait to tip. I am tired of drivers taking out their bad day on me and expecting me to pay extra while they downrate me.

But they don't have to provide the bus or pay for the fuel. They also make a living wage, have union protection and a retirement fund.
Yeah, cause they provide more value than you, like I said.

Z129

-:- * -:- * -:- * -:-
I don’t want to stop riding with Uber, but I will wait to tip. I am tired of drivers taking out their bad day on me and expecting me to pay extra while they downrate me.

Well, let's see.... city buses do not operate 24 hours a day in most areas. Not even 7 days a week in some areas. They do not provide door-to-door service. You must go to the bus stop to catch one and be dropped off, not at, but near, your destination. Or at least you hope your destination will be somewhere near the route. And if you ever felt pool was bad, take a look at your traveling companions on a bus. Should you dare to risk making eye contact with any of them that is.

RideshareUSA

Ok. This is ridiculous.
One question, do you worry as much about something significant, such as your credit rating, as you do your Uber rating? If not, you should. Secondly, if a driver transports you without issue, tip him/her a buck or two. Thank you.

DriversAreMean

Ok. This is ridiculous.
One question, do you worry as much about something significant, such as your credit rating, as you do your Uber rating? If not, you should. Secondly, if a driver transports you without issue, tip him/her a buck or two. Thank you.
I’m talking about my Uber rating because I’m on the Uber board

Secondly, if a customer rides without issue rate them 5 stars

Don’t ask for a buck or two and then give me a bad rating. I will tip AFTER I verified you thought I was a good passenger and will return the favor. Tired of how drivers treat us. I mean look how you just told me I need to pay extra lol.

25rides7daysaweek

Most drivers dont Downrate because of tips.
I dont expect a tip and am really happy to get one.
You did mention a very short trip though. These suck.
The It still takes the same amount of time to get to you and if you arent ready..
we spent more unpaid time getting you and in chicago case get $2.75
this is the type of trip uber may charge you $10 on too
I wouldnt doubt that's why you are getting downrated.
When someone gives you less than 3 stars its suppose to make it so they dont get you again.
Dont take it personally, it's a decision people are making to keep from earning no $$
Nobody really cares about your rating but you anyway.
We dont even get to see uber pax ratings in chicago now anyway.

Trek Shuffler

Blame Uber. They only allow me to rate a passenger seconds after the ride ended. So if I don't receive a cash tip I am assuming I am not getting a tip and will give you a 1 star. Now if Uber allowed me time to rate say within 24 hours I would wait to see if there is a tip in the app and then give you the 5 stars.

sporadic

A low rated rider gives me a gauge with regard to the potential profitability of a trip... That’s how ratings are meant to be viewed. An badly behaved pax who tips $100 is always worth a 5*.

A well mannered polite pax going down the street, no tip? 1*. Let someone else take you.

Apologies, I do place a high emphasis on how much $ is entering my pocket courtesy of you. Business is business.

Ever notice why businesses tend to place more attention and be more prompt in providing service to their bigger, more “premium” customer accounts and less on their smaller ones? That’s exactly the same thing happening right here. You don’t tip, your rating goes down. You have nothing to worry about, the next ant around the corner will pick you up anyways.

DriversAreMean

Blame Uber. They only allow me to rate a passenger seconds after the ride ended. So if I don't receive a cash tip I am assuming I am not getting a tip and will give you a 1 star. Now if Uber allowed me time to rate say within 24 hours I would wait to see if there is a tip in the app and then give you the 5 stars.
It’s a cashless app and you’re not OWED extra money. I will be returning the favor to all you entitled low life’s who punish me for not doing something optional.

Last edited by a moderator:

DriversAreMean

A low rated rider gives me a gauge with regard to the potential profitability of a trip... That’s how ratings are meant to be viewed. An badly behaved pax who tips $100 is always worth a 5*.

A well mannered polite pax going down the street, no tip? 1*. Let someone else take you.

Apologies, I do place a high emphasis on how much $ is entering my pocket courtesy of you. Business is business.

Ever notice why businesses tend to place more attention and be more prompt in providing service to their bigger, more “premium” customer accounts and less on their smaller ones? That’s exactly the same thing happening right here. You don’t tip, your rating goes down. You have nothing to worry about, the next ant around the corner will pick you up anyways.
Wow, such business savvy, why waste that talent on Uber? Lol

Btw, you know people tip on the app right? So if people get downvoted constantly after tipping they’re gonna stop eventually (like I did).

Whose main OP account is on suspend and is now sock trolling us?

Mods can we get a sock look up on this.

Fyi not one of mine
I’m a new member, not a sock puppet. I have been reading this forum ever since some felonious looking UberEats person picked up my order then cancelled stealing my dinner when I was hungry. Came across this forum and was disgusted by the entitlement of drivers/food delivers. Canceling orders for profit, telling lies to get bigger tips, down eating people because you don’t get cash tips etc etc

IthurstwhenIP

@DriversAreMean
You hate America! Admit it! This country invented the minimum effort job category. We create the stoner slacker, the teen prankster employee the sloth. Our culture shines brightest in our lowest ranks and your rejection is nothing less than an insult to the flag and the vets of our great country