I’m Done! And This Time, I Mean It!

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
HOW I ENVISION IT ALL ENDING:
Someday (1?, 2?, 3 years? from now), the "cash outs" and/or weekly deposits to drivers will
not go through. It will be over! Totally insolvency! Count on your last payday (whenever that
happens, if you're still driving), to be suddenly, universally null and void.
I was told by @UberTaxPro to print out all your trip info/history in the app because if you get deactivated, you loose access to all that.

My3centsSuperbowl

I have no idea to this day what those two Italian ladies were singing about. Truth is, I don’t want to know. Some things are better left unsaid. I’d like to think they were singing about something so beautiful, it can’t expressed in words, and it makes your heart ache because of it. I tell you, those voices soared higher and farther than anybody in a grey place dares to dream. It was as if some beautiful bird had flapped into our drab little cage and made these walls dissolve away, and for the briefest of moments, every last Ant driving UberPool felt free.
That was my favorite scene in that movie. With the music blaring out over the prison yard speakers. I loved the expression on all the prisoners faces.

welikecamping

Funny, I requested my Uber account be marked for deletion. About four months later, when I decided to start with Uber, they just "reactivated" my old account. It caused a bit of confusion, and concern that they retained that data after I requested deletion.

jgiun1

And then........Andy crawled to freedom through five-hundred yards of shit smelling foulness I can't even imagine, or maybe I just don't want too. Five-Hundred yards... that's the length of five football fields, just shy of half a mile...

Yam Digger - A man who crawled through a river of shit and came out clean on the other side.
LMAO

Yam Digger

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I guess it comes down to a simple choice - either get busy living or get busy dying.
Yup. That’s a good way of putting it.
Funny, I requested my Uber account be marked for deletion. About four months later, when I decided to start with Uber, they just "reactivated" my old account. It caused a bit of confusion, and concern that they retained that data after I requested deletion.
In the email they said they would retain some information to comply with the law and other admin stuff.

From the movie Apt Pupil:
“These things do not go away”

Michael1230nj

That Movie has some memorable lines. I guess because it was so well written. The language was rich and having that over-hanging narration was brilliant. Another reason I suspect so many of us recall the lines is that it seemed to be on constantly!

Yam Digger

That Movie has some memorable lines. I guess because it was so well written. The language was rich and having that over-hanging narration was brilliant. Another reason I suspect so many of us recall the lines is that it seemed to be on constantly!
Pretty-much anything with Morgan Freeman is worthy of watching. Speaking of Freeman, you really haven’t earned your PTC licence until you’ve watched Driving Miss Daisy.

You have certain A list actors, once they’re in the movie, you know it’s going to be good. Partly because they’re such good actors, and partly because, they’re so much in demand by directors, that they can afford to be picky and reject roles roles in movies they don’t think audiences will get excited about.

Will Smith, Tom Hanks, Denzil Washington, Christian Bale, Mads Mikkelsen. You get the idea.

Michael1230nj

You can checkout any time you want But you can never leave.

Ozzyoz

View attachment 319613
Post automatically merged:

After 4.25 years and 4600 rides, it’s time to drive off into the sunset.

My chariot is too old for my market and I have the good sense not to buy a newer one at these ever diminishing rates of earnings.

Hasta la vista, Uba
The only problem you'll have now is that you won't see your Tax statement unless Uber mails it to you. You won't be able to login for your Tax statement.

Yam Digger

The only problem you'll have now is that you won't see your Tax statement unless Uber mails it to you. You won't be able to login for your Tax statement.
The so-called “tax statement” that Uber gave us, was useless. I still had to calculate my own profit and expenses based on my daily rideshare mileage and earnings.