• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

I’ll show you mine, if you show me yours.

Clayla

Wouldn’t it be wonderful if you could ask the waiter/waitress at the restaurant where you just dropped $75 if they'd kindly show you the tipping history in their Uber/Lyft apps?

That’s fun to think about. The serious part comes from the app developer that eventually creates the app that allows for blockchain level transfers between clients that create balance between those that claim to live by the rules of tipping but like to low-ball every single rideshare provider that they come in contact with.

The audience is ready.

Last edited:

Mista T

Author
Strange how tipping is an established concept for taxis but not Uber.

As far as eating places go, I have a new philosophy: if I have to go to a counter and order... go fill up my own drink.... go get my own silverware... go back to the counter to get my food... and bus my own table ... then the tip goes to the person who provided the service, which is ME.

Ridesharecaligirl

Wouldn’t it be wonderful if you could ask the waiter/waitress at the restaurant where you just dropped $75 if they'd kindly show you the tipping history in their Uber/Lyft apps?

That’s fun to think about. The serious part comes from the app developer that eventually creates the app that allows for blockchain level transfers between clients that create balance between those that claim to live by the rules of tipping but like to low-ball every single rideshare provider that they come in contact with.

The audience is ready.
In the service industry they are paid minimum wage that’s why people tip. For Uber/Lyft we are Self Employed most people are unaware and think drivers make more. I would never tip someone based on them tipping me and I don’t expect tips in rideshare it’s just a bonus.

Clayla

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would never tip someone based on them tipping me and I don’t expect tips in rideshare it’s just a bonus.
That’s quite a noble philosophy. When you relocate to Portland are you going to inform your new pool of customers that all tipping for Uber and Lyft drivers isn’t necessary, “cUz iTS juSsA boNutZ”

I’m certain that absolutely no drivers in this market will appreciate that.

Last edited:

Ridesharecaligirl

That’s quite a noble philosophy. When you relocate to Portland you going to inform your new pool of customers that all tipping for Uber and Lyft drivers isn’t necessary, “cUz iTS juSsA boNutZ”

I’m certain that absolutely no drivers in this market will appreciate that.
[/
I don’t think it’s professional to even mention tipping and if you are mad about it that might reflect on your driving. I don’t expect tips and that keeps me happier. When the apps started they lied and got sued and said the tips were included. So I’m just trying to show how it all came about. The real issue is Uber cutting rates that’s the unfortunate part.
Post automatically merged:

Darn it! Not sure why my whole response is gone. I don’t think it’s professional to even mention tips to riders. When these apps started unfortunately Uber told customers that tips were included and got sued over it. So people aren’t used to tipping. So I don’t expect tips and I think it makes me happier. If I mention tips to customers it would make it awkward and potentially alienate business. It’s not really different driving here or there just a different city with less business but much friendlier people.

Clayla

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Post automatically merged:

Darn it! Not sure why my whole response is gone. I don’t think it’s professional to even mention tips to riders. When these apps started unfortunately Uber told customers that tips were included and got sued over it. So people aren’t used to tipping. So I don’t expect tips and I think it makes me happier. If I mention tips to customers it would make it awkward and potentially alienate business. It’s not really different driving here or there just a different city with less business but much friendlier people.

Well, hey, good luck. Would it be ok if I asked politely that you not respond to any more of my posts? I’m having a hard time extracting any real value from your dull takes on the rideshare business.

Ridesharecaligirl

Well, hey, good luck. Would it be ok if I asked politely that you not respond to any more of my posts? I’m having a hard extracting any real value from your dull takes on the rideshare business.
Sure not a problem but please post how it goes asking riders for tips. I’m interested to hear and all I was trying to do was help.