• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Hydroplaning Is real!

ecarpio

Tonight I saw at least 7 accidents. Most of them on I-95 near PHL. Be safe out there.

Fact: hydroplaning can occur when driving at 35 MPH or faster.

bobby747

on certain cars like altima . you must choose a good rain tire . i have 4th one now all suck bad in rain...nice tired make stopping 50' shorter when brakes are slammed..i am shocked how good dodge caravans really are

mbd

That is why they are paying the surge
Btw, checked all the tires at the airport, 30-35 percent of the U/l cars need new tires
Pick up trucks- these U/l vehicle all have good tires .

bobby747

drivers who make $1200 a week cannot afford proper maintaince , as 1200 is like $800which can be like $600 with a repair..last week my 2017 needed a battery $140 not covered

Jackryanyes

If I am on 76 riding the crown because deep water on both, don't try to pass. I was doing 50mph with wipers full speed. Fool (lyft neon) came flying up, hit water and went right into the wall. Hope you and/or your rider weren't hurt.

Hans GrUber

I had an amazing hydroplane about 1.5 years ago. Flying back from PHL when CC ALWAYS surged early morning for airport runs. Got caught up in the excitement of some early 3x surging and hit a lake on 95N by the stadium. My car must have slid 80 feet while facing the median, mere inches away! Luckily it was 4am and no cars to make it worse, and my car avoided any damage, literally stopping inches from median. (In hindsight it would’ve been so much better if that car wrecked). Anyway, lesson learned. Avoid left lane on 95 in heavy rain at all costs.

ecarpio

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I had an amazing hydroplane about 1.5 years ago. Flying back from PHL when CC ALWAYS surged early morning for airport runs. Got caught up in the excitement of some early 3x surging and hit a lake on 95N by the stadium. My car must have slid 80 feet while facing the median, mere inches away! Luckily it was 4am and no cars to make it worse, and my car avoided any damage, literally stopping inches from median. (In hindsight it would’ve been so much better if that car wrecked). Anyway, lesson learned. Avoid left lane on 95 in heavy rain at all costs.
Dejavú!! Same thing happened to a lot of drivers last night. I specifically remember a black chevi Tahoe on 95 N, right before getting on the bridge. Must have been a ÜBlack. It wasn’t even that lit last night, I don’t understand the excitement.

bobby747

my worst was in an mr2. turbo all dry out...on 95 n. in south fla. on of lane major amount of water from no where on road..hit it. did the triple lindi... 3 360's landed in the shoulder mud.... no damage.... their was a young teen fixing a highway flat. his girl was trauma hawked to local ewr by my home...
I drove him to er all waiting for him.....believe in god...
p.s I had a few beers in me... the night was when George Forman beat Micheal Moore. to regain the title...never ever forget....

Workforfood

It's not desperation, it's ignorance. These are bad reckless drivers, who are driving as if they were still in their home countries. Reckless aggressive with no respect for road courtesy and cooperation that professional drivers have for each other so that we all can get home safely.
When Darwinism takes them out it's a good day for drivers and pax alike.
The overwhelming majority of ride share drivers are careful and professional. The very few bad apples have got to go.

Hans GrUber

It's not desperation, it's ignorance. These are bad reckless drivers, who are driving as if they were still in their home countries. Reckless aggressive with no respect for road courtesy and cooperation that professional drivers have for each other so that we all can get home safely.
When Darwinism takes them out it's a good day for drivers and pax alike.
The overwhelming majority of ride share drivers are careful and professional. The very few bad apples have got to go.
I’ve always felt like people drive WAYYYY too carefully in the rain. Driving is a lot like sex, very few people are actually great at it but EVERYONE thinks they are. I know plenty of “careful” drivers that create more problems than they will ever be aware of.

PhillyMatt

I’ve always felt like people drive WAYYYY too carefully in the rain. Driving is a lot like sex, very few people are actually great at it but EVERYONE thinks they are. I know plenty of “careful” drivers that create more problems than they will ever be aware of.
People just need to learn the most basic rule of driving. Stay out of the left lane!!!!

I wont go near the left lane unless im going way over the limit.

PSA to anyone going exactly the speed limit in the left lane - you are part of the reason why we have traffic, @@@@@@@.