Hustlers picking up uber pax at EWR

Tony from New Jersey

I noticed a pax waiting for uber x at terminal B, while waiting, driver canceled on him.
A hastlar waiting nearby asked him if he needs ride.
Pax said f. Uber , yes i want to go to nyc, how much. Hustlar responded, $69 + tool + tip, customer agreed and uber lost 40-50 commission.
Thanks to the New system and frustrated drivers.

easteuropeboy

I noticed a pax waiting for uber x at terminal B, while waiting, driver canceled on him.
Pax said f. Uber , yes i want to go to nyc, how much. Hustlar responded, $69 + tool + tip, customer agreed and uber lost 40-50 commission.
Lol good luck with that

freeFromUber

S
Sound like a BS story to me...how do you know driver cxld? How do you know what hustler said? Were you standing behind him looking over his shoulder?

Last edited:

ftimmy

Just about every time I've ever been in the baggage claim area at any of the 3 area airports, at least one person has walked up to me and muttered "need a ride?" under their breath.

It happens, the airports try to prevent it but without much luck.

Quatro40

He is right they are right there in the baggage claim, when I had my secret hide out in EWR I was able to go to the bathroom and walk or sit at the baggage claim until I get a ping and it is full of hustlers even Uber hustlers. They have a little team and whom ever gets the ping calls the guy at the lot who brings the car over and repeat all day.

Uberx24

He is right they are right there in the baggage claim, when I had my secret hide out in EWR I was able to go to the bathroom and walk or sit at the baggage claim until I get a ping and it is full of hustlers even Uber hustlers. They have a little team and whom ever gets the ping calls the guy at the lot who brings the car over and repeat all day.

I'm intrigued you always talk about this secret hideout, since it doesn't matter anymore, can you disclose to us your secret place??

Chi Bones

No clue why you blame the new system for this. Gypsy drivers have been around since wayyyyy before Uber. The new system is great. Pick ups are much easier, road rage is down significantly and the queue lines are getting shorter as drivers don’t wait if they’re 30th in line. EWR was surging at 3pm yesterday (Monday) - I drove over from WaWa and got a ride in 10 minutes at 1.7x. App sent me towards the Terminals 2 minutes before the ping. $31 ride to Montclair. Perfect. Why would a Driver cancel on the way to a pick up? If you do the crime, you gotta do the time.

JPell

Just about every time I've ever been in the baggage claim area at any of the 3 area airports, at least one person has walked up to me and muttered "need a ride?" under their breath.

Lmfaoooo I forgot but I was in Newark on the street walking 3 years ago and people would walk by and say x zaniness cookies just walking right past me. I believe it. It's all a hustle over there.

SuzeCB

See, I'm the B that would start yelling at the top of my lungs, " are you trying to solicit commercial rides? Isn't that illegal? Where is a port authority cop, maybe we should ask him!"

But, honestly, that's probably only because I drive Uber and recognize the effect that this has on my, and my fellow Uber and Lyft drivers, and even the taxis, ability to make money.

JPell

See, I'm the B that would start yelling at the top of my lungs, " are you trying to solicit commercial rides? Isn't that illegal? Where is a port authority cop, maybe we should ask him!"

But, honestly, that's probably only because I drive Uber and recognize the effect that this has on my, and my fellow Uber and Lyft drivers, and even the taxis, ability to make money.
You da B gonna get clipped then lol. Better to mind your own business in the hood.

JPell

You worry about yourself in the hood. I have no problems there.

And EWR isn't exactly the hood.
Yah but the hustlers at EWR didn't come from Wayne lol. You're fine I'm sure tho. Didn't mean to imply anything. Everyone is so defensive on this forum. You go on with your bad self Suze! :smiles:

JPell

I've lived in the hood before and street drug sales are common.
Are they common? Street drugs? I lived in Jamaica Queens in the smack damn middle of the hood on 89th street for 6 months a few years ago. Nobody needs to tell me about the hood.

Entitled_ Bro

Are people still so cheap they will hop on the car with a total stranger to save a few bucks?