Hurricane non-Uber jobs?

JimKE

Anybody finding better options during this hurricane recovery period?

Considering the difficulty I'm having finding people to help with cleanup, I'm sure there are a lot of jobs out there for people to work. And if someone has any construction experience, I'd bet there are some good longer-term jobs out there.

Anybody looking?

Anybody find anything?

Kodyhead

Considering the difficulty I'm having finding people to help with cleanup, I'm sure there are a lot of jobs out there for people to work. And if someone has any construction experience, I'd bet there are some good longer-term jobs out there.

Anybody looking?

Anybody find anything?

Not sure till it rains but i am sure many have leaks and just dont know yet. Maybe helping with tarps?

JimKE

My cousin's husband is a carpenter who does very fine detail work on multi-million dollar homes. He's mostly retired now, but after Hurricane Sandy hit the northeast, he spent weeks in NJ and CT doing inspections for FEMA. He worked as a contractor for a company hired by FEMA.

He made good money just taking pictures of damage to document FEMA claims.

Statia

Anybody looking?

Anybody find anything?
My 16-year-old son is banking by cleaning yards and taking down the shutters. He's made a little over $300 in 2 days.

Kodyhead

This kind of work is only seasonal; Uber is all-year-round.
That's the whole point though is he is only looking for after hurricane work.

Even with all the laborers we have, i am sure people are looking for more as i am sure many are overwhelmed with work right now like tree stump and cutters

JimKE

I also think a young single guy could go over to Naples for a few months and do well. When we were coming back from Georgia on Saturday, we saw tree crews from as far away as Wisconsin and Minnesota -- and I mean 5-10 truck convoys.

makes_sense

Yeah tell everybody how great it is to work for Uber show off your brand new vechicle give them some free rides and bag some shrubs lol