Hurricane, High Gas price, No tips

Bobbymiami

Riders are so cheap, they do not appreciate that uber drivers are doing a service by driving this time, on top of that paying high gas price, uber doesn't care about raising prices...
Friday on wards would be interesting when fewer drivers will be on road...hope to see some surge...

joebo1963

amazing that drivers are out today with no surge and high gas prices.....I accidentally went online when I opened the app just to see if there was a surge and got a non surge ping 15 minutes away......I hit the no thanks and went off line

pmsnds

I agree - no tips. I drove for 3 hrs Wednesday night and received 1 tip. Uber kept trying to give me rides 15-25 min away plus lots of pool rides. I declined all the pool rides. First time ever that I called riders. First ride was 15 min away so I called & rider didnt answer so I canceled. 2nd ping was 15 min away so I called & rider said they were only going 5 minutes so he offered to cancel. I had turned both apps on & was getting pings so fast that I couldnt get either turned off at first. Even with surge (which I havent seen in my area for 3 months) Most times I was given my next ride while 10 minutes left on current ride. I didnt make good money with not 1 minute of dead time. Seems like Uber could have added an extra amt due to the high gas prices. Was going to drive today but decided not to bother seeing the riders are tipping to help with gas costs & extra time to get gas.

joebo1963

I agree - no tips. I drove for 3 hrs Wednesday night and received 1 tip. Uber kept trying to give me rides 15-25 min away plus lots of pool rides. I declined all the pool rides. First time ever that I called riders. First ride was 15 min away so I called & rider didnt answer so I canceled. 2nd ping was 15 min away so I called & rider said they were only going 5 minutes so he offered to cancel. I had turned both apps on & was getting pings so fast that I couldnt get either turned off at first. Even with surge (which I havent seen in my area for 3 months) Most times I was given my next ride while 10 minutes left on current ride. I didnt make good money with not 1 minute of dead time. Seems like Uber could have added an extra amt due to the high gas prices. Was going to drive today but decided not to bother seeing the riders are tipping to help with gas costs & extra time to get gas.
I had the same experience Tuesday evening and Wednesday, lots of pings while on a ride and pings far away and pricks requesting pool......no surge and I kept hitting No Thanks.....lol did accept a 1.7 pool from cypress creek to FLL and he tipped $8... but Wednesday no tippers and no surge after 9 am...so I went home....Thursday no surge I stayed home and prepped for the storm, today Friday, more gas station were open and more uber drivers on the road.....and no surge....everything is closed out there....what are those idiots doing out there...?

Coffeekeepsmedriving

Riders are so cheap, they do not appreciate that uber drivers are doing a service by driving this time, on top of that paying high gas price, uber doesn't care about raising prices...
Friday on wards would be interesting when fewer drivers will be on road...hope to see some surge...
why would you uber driver?? Insane

pasha13

filled up at Costco today drove Aventura, Hollywood etc, all pings were X no lux all were quite a distance to pick up averaged 10 minutes, no surge tipped by 25% of riders, currently averaging 37% of riders. too bad rest of week will shut down from storm

joebo1963

Many people are hurting. Lost wages for a lot people in addition to property damage. Sadly I notice more pools too. Didn't complete any.

Doowop

Pax' concerns about drivers and our gas prices is the furthest thing from their mind.

joebo1963

Pax' concerns about drivers and our gas prices is the furthest thing from their mind.
totally agree......especially the pool pax, they expect an x ride at the price of public transportation....

they will be the first to say "you accepted the ride".....I wonder what drivers actually do pool rides....

pmsnds

totally agree......especially the pool pax, they expect an x ride at the price of public transportation....
they will be the first to say "you accepted the ride".....I wonder what drivers actually do pool rides....

I haven't driven since last Wed night. Sounds like still lots of pool requests & lack of tips to help with high gas prices & time waiting in lines to get gas. I'll be driving tomorrow but wont take many pools especially not the 10-15 minute requests that I was getting last week. If I didnt need the money for my car payment I would just wait another week to drive.