hurricane, Disaster Loan Assistance

Uberdamsel

as part of the fema benefits, SBA.gov sent me a mail to apply for Disaster Loan Assistance.

i am new to this stuff so i don't want to do something to get me into trouble. all i needed is money to change my car because it is affected by the flood and i have not been able to do uber. what do you advice?

Jufkii

as part of the fema benefits, SBA.gov sent me a mail to apply for Disaster Loan Assistance.

i am new to this stuff so i don't want to do something to get me into trouble. all i needed is money to change my car because it is affected by the flood and i have not been able to do uber. what do you advice?
Your auto insurance should cover you for your car. Assuming you do have auto insurance. I applied for the Disaster Loan back in 2008. It was through the SBA and charged a slightly lower interest rate than banks,etc. Will loan you a slightly higher amount for a secured loan. A little less for an unsecured loan. Expect to get bombarded with high pressure calls from those people if you do apply. They won't quit until you sign on the dotted line.They have quota's to meet. I paid mine off in full after only 1 month. Didn't really need it to begin with. Read all the fine print carefully. It's not always so great for some people as it seems.

Uberdamsel

Your auto insurance should cover you for your car. Assuming you do have auto insurance. I applied for the Disaster Loan back in 2008. It was through the SBA and charged a slightly lower interest rate than banks,etc. Will loan you a slightly higher amount for a secured loan. A little less for an unsecured loan. Expect to get bombarded with high pressure calls from those people if you do apply. They won't quit until you sign on the dotted line.They have quota's to meet. I paid mine off in full after only 1 month. Didn't really need it to begin with. Read all the fine print carefully. It's not always so great for some people as it seems.
Thank you so much, Juddufki

Cou-ber

You'll get FMV for your car depending on your insurance minus your deductible. Find out what your car is worth and subtract your deductible and that's what you'll get to put towards a new car. My friend for example had a total loss on her 2010 Honda Insight and she just found out they'll give her $7200 for her loss. I was surprised she got that much but am not sure if this is before or after her deductible.

Fuzzyelvis

You'll get FMV for your car depending on your insurance minus your deductible. Find out what your car is worth and subtract your deductible and that's what you'll get to put towards a new car. My friend for example had a total loss on her 2010 Honda Insight and she just found out they'll give her $7200 for her loss. I was surprised she got that much but am not sure if this is before or after her deductible.
My previous car was totaled and State Farm gave me probably $2000 more than I could have ever sold it for. I think they take the top end of KBB and add a bit just to not have to hassle with you. They also take into account stuff that a buyer of a used car won't really pay extra for, like my home link mirror added $200.

Still sucked, but not as much as I'd expected.

Uberdamsel

Fake insurance card sent the picture to Uber or had insurance for one day sent the picture to Uber and then dropped his insurance
Good question,
my insurance dropped me this month for non payment, stopped driving for uber because i had no insurance pending when i get back my insurance.
Things happen sometimes we have no control of. just couldn't afford the insurance for this month due to finances so i didnt get a fake card or plan to carry riders without my car being insured.

itsablackmarket

Good question,
my insurance dropped me this month for non payment, stopped driving for uber because i had no insurance pending when i get back my insurance.
Things happen sometimes we have no control of. just couldn't afford the insurance for this month due to finances so i didnt get a fake card or plan to carry riders without my car being insured.
But I thought you were making life changing money?

darkshy77

The real question is why does Uber care if we have insurance when we're supposedly under there went on a trip???

O fill for unemployment if your car got trashed

Cou-ber

You do realize what a day lapse of insurance will do to your rates, yes? Bad bad bad all the way around. This is non negotiable. You pay this before rent. Far too much at risk and not just for you. Not cool and yes shit happens but not this.

The real question is why does Uber care if we have insurance when we're supposedly under there went on a trip???

O fill for unemployment if your car got trashed
It isn't for us. It's for the pax.

tohunt4me

Good question,
LOWER RATES MEAN NO INSURANCE !

Asificarewhatyoudontthink

Uninsured motorist is the biggest scam....
Really?

So you have never heard of "hit n run" where you have nothing to even give the police to try to find the other driver?
Or the fact that there are, in fact, un insured motorists on the road?

Get hit by one of those and you don't have comp and uninsured and you are out of pocket for 100%.

darkshy77

Really?

So you have never heard of "hit n run" where you have nothing to even give the police to try to find the other driver?
Or the fact that there are, in fact, un insured motorists on the road?

Get hit by one of those and you don't have comp and uninsured and you are out of pocket for 100%.
By law we all should have insurance. Full coverage plus uninsured is bs...

UberCadi

Good question,
Technically(sort of), if your logged in the minute you get in your car you don't need insurance. You will only have liability insurance on your car via Uber. If you get in an accident, you only have to provide the Uber insurance information - you do NOT need to provide any proof of personal insurance. If I was down and out, I would log in all the time, going to grocery store etc. don't have to accept rides. You used to not be covered when you weren't inside of a trip. Now, your covered from log on to log off. You just don't have full collision coverage.

Cou-ber

I don't have insurance as of the time, so i guess this wont work for me?
Clearly not. Did you mean this as a question?

Right I shouldn't have to pay extra
By carrying uninsured coverage on his auto policy, which adds a negligible amount to a premium, my brother-in-law was awarded the max amount of $450,000 when he was hit by one such underinsured driver. How about that bs? Hmmm.

Technically(sort of), if your logged in the minute you get in your car you don't need insurance. You will only have liability insurance on your car via Uber. If you get in an accident, you only have to provide the Uber insurance information - you do NOT need to provide any proof of personal insurance. If I was down and out, I would log in all the time, going to grocery store etc. don't have to accept rides. You used to not be covered when you weren't inside of a trip. Now, your covered from log on to log off. You just don't have full collision coverage.
Might wanna read the fine print.