• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Huntsville, AL

Rolltide

Hi! I just became active yesterday. I'll start driving Tuesday once I get a few things squared away. How has it been for you? What's the demand like so far?

Joe Neil Uber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Daytime market is slow. Weekends have been fairly good especially late at night around downtown. What will you be driving in? If you have a vehicle that would qualify for XL and can carry more than 4 people I suspect you could do pretty good for the bar crowd leaving at night.

Esthar

Been driving people around a couple of weeks out here now I'm prompted to get a safety inspection. The website says to go to Meineke but there isn't one here, and the one in Florence has no clue. What have you guys been doing for your safety inspection?

Falout

I just printed out the form and took it to express oil change and tipped the guy $20 to fill it out and sign it.

AdamHSV

Went out this morning for an hour for my first time. Had one rider. Plan on doing more soon just wanted to check it out.

Joe Neil Uber

So for anyone who is interested, a channel has been set up on Zello for Huntsville, AL drivers. If you are not famillar with Zello it is a walkie talkie app. We are using it to stay in touch with other drivers and spread news and tips to help fellow drivers. Come join us, we would love to hear from you.

Joe Neil Uber

There is a channel on Zello Ester for Huntsville drivers. Its a walkie talkie app that some of us are using to stay in touch with fellow Huntsville drivers and share tips, advice etc. Its a free app to download if you are interested.

AdamHSV

Are you guys keeping up with expenses and mileage to be tax deductible? Just curious if it's even able to be. #NotAtaxMan ha

Esthar

Are you guys keeping up with expenses and mileage to be tax deductible? Just curious if it's even able to be. #NotAtaxMan ha
YES keep up with your receipts! You definately want all of those deductions at the end of the year also probably a good idea to put a percent of your earnings back in a savings account for tax season.

Esthar

Has anyone gotten the uber welcome package? Are they still doing that or do we have to purchase our own Uber decal? I haven't found any articles saying that they stopped it.

Denel

So, I am getting started...trying to get everything ready. I downloaded Zello, but have no idea what I am doing. But I need to connect with you all so I can do this right.