1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Huntsville, AL

Discussion in 'Huntsville' started by Joe Neil Uber, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Uber launched in the Rocket City on March 4th 2016. Anyone care to share their experiences?

2. Hi! I just became active yesterday. I'll start driving Tuesday once I get a few things squared away. How has it been for you? What's the demand like so far?

3. Daytime market is slow. Weekends have been fairly good especially late at night around downtown. What will you be driving in? If you have a vehicle that would qualify for XL and can carry more than 4 people I suspect you could do pretty good for the bar crowd leaving at night.

4. I drive a Scion XD.

5. Esthar

Esthar

Been driving people around a couple of weeks out here now I'm prompted to get a safety inspection. The website says to go to Meineke but there isn't one here, and the one in Florence has no clue. What have you guys been doing for your safety inspection?

6. Falout

Falout

I just printed out the form and took it to express oil change and tipped the guy $20 to fill it out and sign it.

grams777 likes this.
  7. Esthar

Esthar

Thank you!

8. Falout

Falout

No problem.

9. AdamHSV

AdamHSV

Went out this morning for an hour for my first time. Had one rider. Plan on doing more soon just wanted to check it out.

10. AdamHSV

AdamHSV

Genius! Which one did you go to? Maybe it will be easier with the same person.

11. So for anyone who is interested, a channel has been set up on Zello for Huntsville, AL drivers. If you are not famillar with Zello it is a walkie talkie app. We are using it to stay in touch with other drivers and spread news and tips to help fellow drivers. Come join us, we would love to hear from you.

12. AdamHSV

AdamHSV

Just added.

13. There is a channel on Zello Ester for Huntsville drivers. Its a walkie talkie app that some of us are using to stay in touch with fellow Huntsville drivers and share tips, advice etc. Its a free app to download if you are interested.

14. Falout

Falout

11181 Memorial Pkwy SW, Huntsville

AdamHSV likes this.
  15. AdamHSV

AdamHSV

Are you guys keeping up with expenses and mileage to be tax deductible? Just curious if it's even able to be. #NotAtaxMan ha

16. uberpeople.net

uberpeople.net Staff Member

17. Huntsville drivers - join the conversation on the Zello app - search our channel "Huntsville AL Uber Drivers"

Gregray likes this.
  18. Esthar

Esthar

YES keep up with your receipts! You definately want all of those deductions at the end of the year also probably a good idea to put a percent of your earnings back in a savings account for tax season.

19. Esthar

Esthar

Has anyone gotten the uber welcome package? Are they still doing that or do we have to purchase our own Uber decal? I haven't found any articles saying that they stopped it.

20. Denel

Denel

So, I am getting started...trying to get everything ready. I downloaded Zello, but have no idea what I am doing. But I need to connect with you all so I can do this right.