1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Huge ice storm in the Midwest...how high did it go?

Discussion in 'Surge' started by Sean Streck, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Sean Streck

Sean Streck Member

I saw surge all over the Midwest from the ice storm tonight. I saw as high as 7.0-9.0 in cities from St Louis to Columbus. Anyone catch a really big fish?

2. TBone

TBone Active Member

7.7X here a few minutes ago. I am staying home though since there is a layer of ice on the roads. Most of the fares will still be $5-10 if you pickup in our downtown area since the people rarely go over 1/2 mile.

Shangsta and 781623 like this.
  3. GalinMcMahon

GalinMcMahon Active Member

Wednesday in the NW, same conditions. Map was solid maroon but they cap our surge at 3x. They used to show the actual surge in each area but now if it's red it's "3.0+" so you'd assume the plus in a major ice storm. One $85 ride but it was over 2 hours. 350 for the night so no real complaints.

4. stephan

stephan Active Member

0X HERE IN Worcester ma,because there are some stupid drivers available for no surge ,over 12 inch, I'm not gonna drive if no less than x3

Attached Files:

5. stephan

stephan Active Member

Screenshot_2016-12-17-14-51-56.png
    Off course I'm offline, no way , 90 cents a mile in this condition of weather, most trips are half and 4 miles, 90 percent . So 3-$4 no thank you.

Shangsta likes this.

6. naptownlux

naptownlux New Member

Driving:
    UberLUX
    8.3x in Indianapolis last night. Was able to get several 4-6x surge trips for a solid 4 hours. Select and briefly LUX also surged. Got a few Selects between 1.8x up to 4x. This was the 8.3x fare.

Thank god for AWD.

Attached Files:

Shangsta and 781623 like this.
  7. 1rightwinger

1rightwinger Active Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    I am in Fargo North Dakota. Have seen a lot of good surges over the last month due to the weather. Last night several surges in the 3 to 5 range and toward the end of the night it was in the 7 to 8 range. I believe there's a lot less drivers on the road now. The way it should be. I like getting the surge rides. And I love driving in the snow and ice. Bring It On

Greenghost2212 likes this.
  8. TBone

TBone Active Member

One pax today said 7.7x wasn't enough last night. It was pretty dangerous, I guess, and the Uber driver was sliding all over the road.

9. UberChicago80

UberChicago80 Active Member