• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Hudson Valley region, NY

NYGUY

Welcome! this thread is dedicated to drivers in the Hudson Valley region in New York.

Last edited:

NYGUY

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Have you had any success recently?
I'm just part time about 10-20 hours per week but yes i had my first Lyft ping last night was from Middletown to Conneticuit about 30 miles up i-95 was 100 miles each way and i got $110. The bad thing with Lyft is you cant tell if its a reg Lyft or Lyft plus ping until after you accept. I'm only trying to take Uber XL and Lyft plus calls since my car is a BMW X3 and the regular rates aren't really worth my time or gas. How have you been doing and is it worth hanging around Stewart?

Dr. Tiger

Started in Montgomery last night and made my way to Greenwich CT. Then eventually into jersey and then to nanuet. Made $339 plus my day job. $17 in gas and $6.40 in tolls

NYGUY

Wow sweet nights work! Whats the deal with Tappan Zee toll? I'm waiting for my EZ Pass in mail and have been paying all tolls in cash and last night going over Tappan Zee i saw the prices but no booth and wondering if i missed something and if they might send me a ticket in the mail??

NYGUY

It's ezpass or toll be mail. No toll collectors. Hopefully the whole state goes this way. No more backups.
Wow so does that mean ill be getting fined or just billed for the standard fare?

NYGUY

Thanks i'll be looking forward to just a $5 bill to pay. Have you been able to pick up riders in other states like NJ, PA, or Conn? and have they paid higher base fares in more expensive areas closer to NYC or Long Island?

Dr. Tiger

I was in another forum and they said I should be able to pick up in NJ but I tried Sunday morning and couldn't. I did pick up in CT. Haven't tried PA

NYGUY

Hey Doc have you been completing Quests getting paid, and have they been updating your progress? I did 20 pickups last week and the Quest needed only 7 for a $30 bonus and its shows my progress the whole time with 0 and didn't get paid yet.

Dr. Tiger

Maybe xl has different quests, but the one I had was do 20 get $60 or do 25 get $90. This was for the period of Friday 4am to Monday 4am. I did 26. I cashed out to my card Sunday sometime. The $90 was direct deposited Wednesday

teshiachris

I'm just part time about 10-20 hours per week but yes i had my first Lyft ping last night was from Middletown to Conneticuit about 30 miles up i-95 was 100 miles each way and i got $110. The bad thing with Lyft is you cant tell if its a reg Lyft or Lyft plus ping until after you accept. I'm only trying to take Uber XL and Lyft plus calls since my car is a BMW X3 and the regular rates aren't really worth my time or gas. How have you been doing and is it worth hanging around Stewart?
I am a bit confused. You cannot get to I-95 from Middletown, NY, unless you were talking about Middletown, NJ. You would take I-84 from Middletown, NY

I am a Morning driver. Wondering best places to drive from say 730am to 5pm in Hudson Valley.

NYGUY

I am a bit confused. You cannot get to I-95 from Middletown, NY, unless you were talking about Middletown, NJ. You would take I-84 from Middletown, NY

I am a Morning driver. Wondering best places to drive from say 730am to 5pm in Hudson Valley.
I'm from Middletown NY took the Tappan Zee and cornered over to I-95 it was 100 miles. You would think there should be a shortcut but i guess not. I haven't tried mornings so I'm not sure the best places but it seems I get the most pings in the Newburgh/Beacon area. Which part of the Hudson valley are you in?

Maybe xl has different quests, but the one I had was do 20 get $60 or do 25 get $90. This was for the period of Friday 4am to Monday 4am. I did 26. I cashed out to my card Sunday sometime. The $90 was direct deposited Wednesday
Finally figured out why my Quests didn't count as they mistakenly classified me as Upstate driver rather than NYC Suburbs which the Middletown area is. Unfortunately even though it was their mistake they didn't honor any of the rides but they changed me to NYC Subs and last week and I completed my first Quest 10 rides for $45 which was nice! How is your Ubering been lately?

NYGUY

Weekdays are bad drove from Middletown to Monroe to Newburgh and back here only one ping last two nights. Seems like just the weekends are busy.

Scooter123

Hi everyone. I may say its confusing when the classes end and the students leave because they are sneaking out after their last final exam this week so there is no schedule. A

I will say.. Lyft seems to be HUGE in NJ and UBER in NY.
UBER:
If someone lives by MT Kisko or Yonkers.. they must be getting rich. That area surges at the drop of a HAT.
Lyft: If you wanted to get rich, drive down to NJ where there are ever constant prime-times.

PS - We don't need anymore drivers in poughkeepsie :smiles:
but we do need in
Beacon, Fishkill, Wappingers (somewhat) Highland, New Paltz (especially)
I have been actively recruiting in these places and probably do more advertising and recruiting than driving. Please contact me if you are interesting. I know the peak times :smiles:

and we DO need a forum for MidHudsonValley !

teshiachris

when i get a ride to NJ I am able to get pings from Lyft in NJ. Uber will not allow any drivers whose region is upstate ny incluidng the hudson valley region from getting pings anywhere except NY. However the base fare in NJ is less then in upstate NY. My minimum fare is 5.60 in NY. Ive seen below 3 or just about at 3 in NJ.

JWP845

Hi everyone. I may say its confusing when the classes end and the students leave because they are sneaking out after their last final exam this week so there is no schedule. A

I will say.. Lyft seems to be HUGE in NJ and UBER in NY.
UBER:
If someone lives by MT Kisko or Yonkers.. they must be getting rich. That area surges at the drop of a HAT.
Lyft: If you wanted to get rich, drive down to NJ where there are ever constant prime-times.

PS - We don't need anymore drivers in poughkeepsie :smiles:
but we do need in
Beacon, Fishkill, Wappingers (somewhat) Highland, New Paltz (especially)
I have been actively recruiting in these places and probably do more advertising and recruiting than driving. Please contact me if you are interesting. I know the peak times :smiles:

and we DO need a forum for MidHudsonValley !

Hello , I’m definitely new to the game but I am in the New Paltz area . I would be interested to know peak times , what to expect in terms of volume, etc . Any information would be helpful and appreciated ..