Inshur

Hows this possible? £4 from Soho to E16

HakeemLarry

B10BACA2-F60B-4FF7-9593-955825C69955.jpeg

Harold Shand

Easy. There are thousands of slaves queuing up to do your job. So they can charge whatever they want to charge knowing that if you dont do the job some other desperado will. Its a race to the bottom. Someone will accept the job, and next time the rider wants a minicab he will expect the same price, saying thats what he paid last time. Uber will allow it, because they dont care about you. And the cycle will continue. Until you all get together, say no more, and put a stop to it. But you wont.

HakeemLarry

Easy. There are thousands of slaves queuing up to do your job. So they can charge whatever they want to charge knowing that if you dont do the job some other desperado will. Its a race to the bottom. Someone will accept the job, and next time the rider wants a minicab he will expect the same price, saying thats what he paid last time. Uber will allow it, because they dont care about you. And the cycle will continue. Until you all get together, say no more, and put a stop to it. But you wont.
Could not agree more than that!! this trade is gone , iam looking the exit plan

Last edited:

Harold Shand

I can only go by what Im shown on this forum. Ive not seen a taxi app for several years. However, Id not go for any of those prices. I value myself highly, and I dont work cheaply. When I was driving it was on the meter or get another cab, with a few obvious exceptions such as very long rides. The more you lot work cheaply, the cheaper the customer expects to get it. Someone wants my skill and time, they are paying for it. Im not a charity.

Gilga

I can only go by what Im shown on this forum. Ive not seen a taxi app for several years. ........... Someone wants my skill and time, they are paying for it. Im not a charity.

1. don’t talk nonsense
2. Thread is about Uber!! We don’t give shit who you are.. why you always talk about yourself?? You need attention??
3.i'll keep kicking your *** on daily basis

Tracer123

I would of thought it is giving the estimate for the first pick up and not the total trip, was it a fare split? What was the actual final fare or did you decline it?

eric_london

Because the initial drop off was local then they had added an extra destination which was E14. The fare estimate didn't get updated according to the last destination. Its just a glitch.

Btw I had this trip , He went to Liverpool...:rolleyes::biggrin:
20200229_090017.jpg

Post automatically merged:

Because the initial drop off was local then they had added an extra destination which was E14. The fare estimate didn't get updated according to the last destination. Its just a glitch.

Btw I had this trip , He went to Liverpool...:rolleyes::biggrin:
20200229_090017.jpg

I can only go by what Im shown on this forum. Ive not seen a taxi app for several years. However, Id not go for any of those prices. I value myself highly, and I dont work cheaply. When I was driving it was on the meter or get another cab, with a few obvious exceptions such as very long rides. The more you lot work cheaply, the cheaper the customer expects to get it. Someone wants my skill and time, they are paying for it. Im not a charity.
But that is the reason more and more people are deflecting away from black cabs to uber! Customers arent botherd anymore if a black cab driver knows routes off by heart or how long it took to gain the knowledge! Thats great and i would imagine makes things easier but paying public arent botherd anymore! Customers just want to get to there destination as cheaply as possible and a sat nav does that !! They are not interested in paying loads more for your skill and time as times have changed and app based technology is the way forward

Momo11

But that is the reason more and more people are deflecting away from black cabs to uber! Customers arent botherd anymore if a black cab driver knows routes off by heart or how long it took to gain the knowledge! Thats great and i would imagine makes things easier but paying public arent botherd anymore! Customers just want to get to there destination as cheaply as possible and a sat nav does that !! They are not interested in paying loads more for your skill and time as times have changed and app based technology is the way forward
We heard this story years ago
Uber is the future.......Blah blah blah blah
Just keep your bus users happy with plenty water and sweets and keep your master happy Mr DARA coz he need his £45 millions bonus every year that only matter

wrong way

You and other individuals are missing the bigger picture.
It's not a matter of app technology, it's always been a matter of transportation law.
So I did the knowledge for a better future, studying hard to be the only service in London to be able to pick up electronically or manually.
You now have a situation where regulators, political, businesses collude to change those dynamics.
It all starts off with huge amounts of lobbyist funding.
So here we are today arguing about sat nav v knowledge.
You and others seem to forget to mention Uber investors predatory illegal pricing.
without those types of factors Uber could never heavily discount prices as well as avoiding VAT and Taxes.
What I'm trying to relay to you is Uber would not be the dominant app if it played by the proper rules.
The other app based tech now operating are competing on lower prices than Uber
With thousands queuing to better their own futures, migrants from all over the world, past and present, perpetuate that additional corporations push for growth at all costs.
Post automatically merged:

Why then do Uber charge more during surge times than a black cab.

Quite Quiet

Every now and then there is glitch in the app.

it will sometimes overestimate the fare and will sometimes show ridiculous price like £4.

as you have worked long enough you will realise price will always be distance+ time no matter what the fare estimate is.

That sounds like a meter .

Harold Shand

I don't hate you sunshine. You work for Uber. What's there for me to hate. I'm retired, Uber doesn't affect me one iota. I rarely even venture into the west end these days, and hardly ever see an Uber slave. I don't hate people for being Uber drivers. I pity them. I hate the company for what they are. I hate the bent politicians for allowing it to happen. I hate TFL for being corrupt. But you.....I have no emotion about you at all. You're just a few pixels on a screen, trying to act the tough guy. I just laugh. I make you dance the way I make Charlton Billy dance. It's all mind over matter. I don't mind because you don't matter 😃😃😃😃

Morgause

I don't hate you sunshine. You work for Uber. What's there for me to hate. I'm retired, Uber doesn't affect me one iota. I rarely even venture into the west end these days, and hardly ever see an Uber slave. I don't hate people for being Uber drivers. I pity them. I hate the company for what they are. I hate the bent politicians for allowing it to happen. I hate TFL for being corrupt. But you.....I have no emotion about you at all. You're just a few pixels on a screen, trying to act the tough guy. I just laugh. I make you dance the way I make Charlton Billy dance. It's all mind over matter. I don't mind because you don't matter 😃😃😃😃

Nicola Roberts quote, “Proud to say I’ve made a real change. Am I a law breaker? No I’m a law maker.” - ITV Masked Singer.

Since you feel so strongly about Uber, Maybe you should enter the West End again and start a proper campaign in parliament. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Gilga

650CC0FF-1F70-47B2-A078-93E1BCC7C565.png

Harold Shand

Nicola Roberts quote, “Proud to say I’ve made a real change. Am I a law breaker? No I’m a law maker.” - ITV Masked Singer.

Since you feel so strongly about Uber, Maybe you should enter the West End again and start a proper campaign in parliament. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
I don't watch reality tv.
No politics doesnt interest me. My friends son is a political commentator and to be honest it's not my thing.
I am still considering becoming a Magistrate however, I'll wait until my move is sorted and I'm settled in. Wo betide any Uber drivers that come up before me in court if I do.