How's the business today folks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharkie 2016

pre dinner surge and post dinner surge is happening now.
Still not many taxis on the road , so rideshare is the only option to get around.
Less ants on the road , still scare of the flu 😂

also less XL vehicles on the road

People are going to restaurants and house parties
this will pickup even more from 1st June
drunks, drunks and more drunks if your happy driving them around or stink of pot

gdaymate67

pick up a pax at her house, the first thing she does is chunder on the from lawn.I said are you ok, she said yeah! i said are you sure, she said yeah! i said before you get in car here is a sick bag keep it close. got her to destination with out using sick bag.and then she gave me a $10.00 tip.

Elatte

pick up a pax at her house, the first thing she does is chunder on the from lawn.I said are you ok, she said yeah! i said are you sure, she said yeah! i said before you get in car here is a sick bag keep it close. got her to destination with out using sick bag.and then she gave me a $10.00 tip.
I would’ve tipped you as well

GAVN

I dunno about that, good bragging rights if you throw your guts up in someones 80k Tesla, could dine out on that story for a while, could almost see some drunken dunce stuffing his fingers down his own throat just to get the story rights.
Can just hear the pax now "hahahaha you should of seen the look on that dumbarse drivers face, it was only a $5 fare too hahahaha what a loser"
Can we use Rolls Royce for Uber X?

Reactions: Flu

macbri

Just like old days on eats today.

$270 for 28 pings but missed the 7pm onwards peak.

I think my record for 1 day on eats is $330 for 33 pings and if worked till 9pm would have got pretty close.

Cancelled my 2 shifts on Menulog this morning as eats was going crazy.

Reduced my maximum hours on Menulog to 12 per week.

Uber has the food delivery market wrapped up-the rates are a lot better for bicycle riders on Menulog but Uber has the volume and that is what counts at the end of the day.

A bit like Didi offering drivers 5% commission-doesn’t matter as Uber is market leader.

I earned $400 this week-$330 on Uber and $70 on Menulog and that would pretty accurately reflect demand on both platforms.

Maybe today was exception on eats because of very strong wind reducing competition for me but it was 1 of my busiest ever days on eats.

$1150 including jobkeeper less $20 for petrol is.nice net return for week.

Living the dream on eats/jobkeeper.

gdaymate67

I have had a few pax complain to me that there meal is cold by the time bicycle couriers get to them. Has anyone else had any complaints.

QBN_PC

Graveyard rides were nice and busy this weekend, including quite a few medium distance rides. Unfortunately lots of dead running to distant pickups.

Daytime rides weren’t numerous but they sure were long! Right after charging the car I went to my usual haunt and matched a 47 minute ride as I arrived. After that I went back to the same charger, topped the batteries up again, made the same trip to my usual haunt, and then matched a 97 minute ride as I arrived!

I’m sure going to miss the human touch of diamond partner support! I’m not getting back to 2800 this quarter with so few rides. Fortunately I don’t care about petrol discounts anymore! Money talks!

UberPoolNo

4 hours driving (slow charging the car now) (a substantially faster DC charger will be commissioned near here soon). $170 turnover. Includes several surge rides, and $8 in tips from foaming Tesla fans. $42.50/hr turnover. All on UberX. No puke. Only one problem rider. I’ll take a nap & sign back on at 5am, for a few hours, and then call it a week.
Wow what a life 3 hours sleep on the sat night and out again sunday

The uber so good for those with no life family or friends

Iron_Fist

but he got a 7 year loan with 3 year warranty on an 80k car when a 10k car earns the same

only a part time gig but does 1700km week
Are you paying his loan? Or are you his wife who is not happy, her husband driving their family Tesla too much? Still don't understand your problem here.

WestSydGuy

Graveyard rides were nice and busy this weekend, including quite a few medium distance rides. Unfortunately lots of dead running to distant pickups.

Daytime rides weren’t numerous but they sure were long! Right after charging the car I went to my usual haunt and matched a 47 minute ride as I arrived. After that I went back to the same charger, topped the batteries up again, made the same trip to my usual haunt, and then matched a 97 minute ride as I arrived!

I’m sure going to miss the human touch of diamond partner support! I’m not getting back to 2800 this quarter with so few rides. Fortunately I don’t care about petrol discounts anymore! Money talks!
Are you driving an EV now? If you have a post detailing your EV and experience so far, would be handy to link that in your signature please :smiles:

Prestige Bears

Are you paying his loan? Or are you his wife who is not happy, her husband driving their family Tesla too much? Still don't understand your problem here.
Because it’s a sewer in UP @ times, the poor bloke gets ridiculed because he’s bought a Tesla to do long hours on Uber, good luck to him if he earns 💰💰💰and gets enjoyment out of it.

what always intrigues me is that the vast majority of contributors here would appear to be absolutely useless RS business owners if magnifying glass was to be put on them given the amount of whinging and sooking that goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.