Uber Drivers Forum banner

How's it going today?

2K views 37 replies 21 participants last post by  Dom+Uber 
#1 ·
Between 4.45am and 9.15 I made $181, from 9.15-12 only $22.

Time to go home I think, would've thought it would've been busy all day today.

Any feedback from more experienced drivers?

#4 ·
Try starting at 0200 and finishing around 0950 then start back up again 1400 and work as late as you like should fall off after 2300.
Work every corner of the city to find where it go for you at certain times as it always changing.
You will build up the knowledge you need to be successful but you have to put in a lot more hours on the road if you want to become a dedicated ant.

Reactions: Tda85
#5 · (Edited)
Wow thanks guys, I appreciate that, thank you!

Actually makes much more sense.
I tend to drive once and then come back home (Be in 5 hours or 10 hours). I've never tried stopping and splitting hours. I'll do that. Makes much more sense and no point wasting time driving around in the dead hours, in the hope that I may get something.

Mulder99 - Yes, I actually logged off and came home, already seen Endgame twice.. but Game of Thrones big battle new episode called me home :wink:

Edit: PS. I'm an early riser and love getting up when everyone is still asleep and I've found 3am-5.30am GREAT for dropping off tradies to work and job sites. I live in the north west and if I log on at 3am, there's always a tradie going to work on a job site or the tunnels.

#21 ·
ahhh yeah thats a tough area.

if you can, maybe do the math, and see if its worth while / fuel kms etc
come into the city

might be slow, but will def better than what you did today
also - seek some advice from some of the guys on here
they are pretty helpful and can def give you some tips !

#28 ·
$26 between 10am n 2pm :cautious:
Past 10am is super quiet. Best to go home n sleep.
Don't hate but this is part time thing for me between 8am -1pm I know it's the slowest time of the day I'd even be happy for 100 over that time. Just need to find somewhere not already oversaturated

I sit around the corner from a drop off and wait for the next ping for 10-15 minutes.
Read the paper or go on line with the tablet to kill time.
Too many times I have driven off and only to 3-4km down the road to be called back to the same area where I was parked.
FUber is a bi...tch doing that all the time.
After 10-15 min I look for a spot with no ants using the rider app.
After 30-40 min with no pings I head home. If I get into the driveway and still no pings I call it a day.
Yea it's like pokies don't go chasing it money back driving all over town. Might even try lower mountains. Also fyi blue mountains on a sat night pumps only 2 ubers for the whole mountains.... We need more drivers lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.