How's business with select?

Kcaiuber

It's being very slow for me. Although the they offer the hourly thing I don't bother to do it anymore. A lot of uber pool. Uber business gonna continue going Downhill, later with Lyft coming out with premier it's another price war again. I am glad I found another opportunity to work with while doing uber. What about you guys?

afrojoe824

You seem to be intrigued by the prospect of driving for select. If, however, you're inclined to try it out, you're in a for a big surprise. The agitation towards UberX being slow will only increase if you were to drive select. Select does not have the same volume as UberX. Furthermore, you most likely need a client base by virture of knowing their schedules and making sure you're the nearest driver when they will request a ride.

With Select - driving aimlessly like you would do on UberX would mean you lose more money. So I beg to question which you would prefer. Lose money or lose more money?

For further questions, you can also reach out to Optimus Uber on how to make select profitable for you. Disclosure though, if you have a thin skin, then perhaps the Optimus crash course isn't for you

Kcaiuber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You seem to be intrigued by the prospect of driving for select. If, however, you're inclined to try it out, you're in a for a big surprise. The agitation towards UberX being slow will only increase if you were to drive select. Select does not have the same volume as UberX. Furthermore, you most likely need a client base by virture of knowing their schedules and making sure you're the nearest driver when they will request a ride.

With Select - driving aimlessly like you would do on UberX would mean you lose more money. So I beg to question which you would prefer. Lose money or lose more money?

For further questions, you can also reach out to Optimus Uber on how to make select profitable for you. Disclosure though, if you have a thin skin, then perhaps the Optimus crash course isn't for you
Most of the time I stay home and wait, unless I got a long ride. But I being driving for a year already. So kinda know where to get ride but it's just too many select out there.

Optimus Uber

joe arnold.jpg

Geepney

Most of the time I stay home and wait, unless I got a long ride. But I being driving for a year already. So kinda know where to get ride but it's just too many select out there.
Right place right time can only get you so far. And a lot of times your go to spots are already saturated. Living in or very near the area of these select hotspots is a major major plus. A huge majority of my select runs have been from just sitting at home, early AM Or very late at night.

If you're gonna slog through getting rides at other times of the day, make sure you bring a book or something else to keep you occupied. Maybe even a lawn chair so you're not stuck in your car longer than you need to.

Otherwise: it's a crapshoot. Where I live,depending on what's going on elsewhere in LA I know where to go. I've had days where I get one select call after another just driving around to my spots. Other times I'll leave a spot empty handed after camping it for 30min to an hour.

Edit: it's also fun seeing the SUV/black drivers slumming it in select because they suck and they're tired of watching me do rounders from where they've been camping at for hours.

Kcaiuber

Right place right time can only get you so far. And a lot of times your go to spots are already saturated. Living in or very near the area of these select hotspots is a major major plus. A huge majority of my select runs have been from just sitting at home, early AM Or very late at night.

If you're gonna slog through getting rides at other times of the day, make sure you bring a book or something else to keep you occupied. Maybe even a lawn chair so you're not stuck in your car longer than you need to.

Otherwise: it's a crapshoot. Where I live,depending on what's going on elsewhere in LA I know where to go. I've had days where I get one select call after another just driving around to my spots. Other times I'll leave a spot empty handed after camping it for 30min to an hour.

Edit: it's also fun seeing the SUV/black drivers slumming it in select because they suck and they're tired of watching me do rounders from where they've been camping at for hours.
I try to stay home now during the summer. It's hot out there to sit in your car. Or go to a coffee shop or something.

afrojoe824

Maybe he think I am new to driving. We forgive him. That's cool!
What's there to forgive when I was merely providing a suggestion? I did not insinuate nor did I mention that you were new. Kcaiuber you shouldn't feel offended with my comment as my intentions were not to offend you. Re-read the comment and please provide feedback on where I mentioned you were new.

Your forgiveness is not accepted as there is no need for me to apologize. Please don't feel the need to mention you forgive me as there is nothing to forgive. Reeejected

mandreyka

Ratio of select/X requests are probably
80/1 and now a days there are just as many select cars on the pax app as X. Even an uber driver can do that math.

Select is a tough market especially when you get dragged out of your zone

Last edited:

Kcaiuber

What's there to forgive when I was merely providing a suggestion? I did not insinuate nor did I mention that you were new. Kcaiuber you shouldn't feel offended with my comment as my intentions were not to offend you. Re-read the comment and please provide feedback on where I mentioned you were new.

Your forgiveness is not accepted as there is no need for me to apologize. Please don't feel the need to mention you forgive me as there is nothing to forgive. Reeejected
Haha,lol I was just kidding. I just meaning select is getting slower that's it.

Optimus Uber

So now smart pax will just keep ordering and canceling until they get an SUV for half price
Thats what they do now. I use to think that UberX had the most inept drivers. But taking an $80k car and basically using it for an X price is what they are doing. Then you show up with a select car and they tell you they got a 7 series or suv last time. Yes, I know, because so many of them suck at driving and are stupid, they pay $900 a week for a car and can't get rides on their own platform so they open up all platforms to try and make the $900 a week payment. They don't last long. As you can't afford $900 a week on what select pays.

mandreyka

Thats what they do now. I use to think that UberX had the most inept drivers. But taking an $80k car and basically using it for an X price is what they are doing. Then you show up with a select car and they tell you they got a 7 series or suv last time. Yes, I know, because so many of them suck at driving and are stupid, they pay $900 a week for a car and can't get rides on their own platform so they open up all platforms to try and make the $900 a week payment. They don't last long. As you can't afford $900 a week on what select pays.
$900 a week plus how much in gas? I can't see how they can do it and still try to put money in their pockets.
The smart ones are the ones who can hook a guy to lease the car

Kcaiuber

Yes, with the rent on those car, it's tough sometime. I try suv for a while, money seems to be good but with all the cost and rent. It's not much different.. More stressful with the rent. Only the one who own their own suv and doing it for a while make some money. The company try to call me to drive their suv with lower rent but I refuse it.

Optimus Uber

Yes, with the rent on those car, it's tough sometime. I try suv for a while, money seems to be good but with all the cost and rent. It's not much different.. More stressful with the rent.
I agree, that weekly rent hanging over your head is stressful.

Maybe with lyft premier there will be incentives for select/premier cars. But if they pay the same and lyft has a tipping option lyft pings get priority.

Optimus Uber

You try driving Lyft premier now Optimus? I wonder when are they coming out?
Like you, still waiting for lyft to get their act together. Looks like lyft is going to come after uber.

Looks the the merger with the limo company Carey could give them the black and SUV cars needed to compete with uber at the next level.

It's no longer about price but about availability.

They will have to incentivize drivers to keep them on their platform. Maybe platinum for select could be coming back. Haha

ChortlingCrison

Like you, still waiting for lyft to get their act together. Looks like lyft is going to come after uber.

Looks the the merger with the limo company Carey could give them the black and SUV cars needed to compete with uber at the next level.

It's no longer about price but about availability.

They will have to incentivize drivers to keep them on their platform. Maybe platinum for select could be coming back. Haha
If they do merge, I am hoping they'll allow the drivers to get a criminal background check.