• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

How will AVs handle the bar closings

luckytown

I assume people will still want to party in the future at bars and clubs.....how will AV handle the bar crowd...will there be barf bags installed....and they will definitely pool you in the future...its the business model for RIDESHARE

tohunt4me

Highly doubt either company has thought that far ahead yet regarding those variables, they seem to just want to be able to say as soon as possible the damn things are on the road

Barfs. Maintenance. Left/lost items. The list could go on and on
The entire surface of interrior will be molded hard black plastic !

Attachments

SinTaxERROR

I assume people will still want to party in the future at bars and clubs.....how will AV handle the bar crowd...will there be barf bags installed....and they will definitely pool you in the future...its the business model for RIDESHARE
Your future Uber pool ride may just literally be that... you and a pool of previous pax vomit sharing a ride together in harmonious bliss :roflmao:

Coastal_Cruiser

Jay Dean

There will be an ant 🐜 fee, basically no ride unless accompanied by someone that sits in car and makes sure you don’t mess with the robot lol, going out and drinking will be much more expensive in future and not so commonplace

SuzeCB

They're not going to use them for that, I promise you.

The AVs, if they work out the kinks, will be used for corporate accounts, transporting executives, clients, & vendors. Probably at close to Black rates.

The riff-raff will still be there for you, never fear.

Boca Ratman

We, the current uber drivers will be on call for cleanups

Driver Cat

Realistically, AVs will only be viable in certain markets among certain demographics. The stronger laws required to protect their precious AVs on a country wide scale would result in mass incarcerations of certain groups so it won't happen. Case in point, McDonalds has had many of it's fancy automated kiosks costing upwards in the tens of thousands completely destroyed after placing them in 'the wrong markets'.

For example, if say an AV started driving around here in SC it would be very easy for say a dozen 'teenagers or youths' to block it in into an area that it can't drive out of (safety first, can't drive over humans!), take a bunch of crowbars to it, tear it apart, then immediately leave the area before cops (or Robocop™?) can get there.

Then even if caught, by the fact the vehicle was empty they would just get a slap on the wrist for destruction of private property since you can't claim aggravated assault or attempted murder of a machine.

Last edited: