1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

How will Amazon Flex change this year?

Discussion in 'Flex' started by Benzri, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Benzri

Benzri Active Member

It seems like the past year, they changed something every couple of weeks. New dispatch system. New routing. Combined routing. Far fewer reserves. Shifted Amazon Fresh deliveries from USPS to Prime warehouses. Limited hours from 80 to 40. Raised the minimum buy to $35, and for grocery stores to $40-$50... What do you guys think they have up their sleeves for this year?

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  2. nighthawk398

nighthawk398 Well-Known Member

I'm actually getting more reserves 5 a week or so

3. rozz

rozz Active Member

Jeff will take over and do all deliveries by himself. No one else is good enough for his precious Flex.

Frœsty likes this.
  4. Benzri

Benzri Active Member

i bet he doesn't even know what flex is, probably unaware, that's why the people that run the program don't give a **** because the guy at the top doesn't give a ****, probably doesn't even know it exists, ive seen every bezos video on youtube and ive never heard him mention flex while he mentions every other initiative they have, i know he knows amazon does two hour deliveries but i he probably thinks drivers are employees or white vans still....].

ya some of my warehouse buddies get reserves but others don't, i don't know how they pick and choose who to give reserves too

5. CatchyMusicLover

CatchyMusicLover Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Whatever it is, I'm sure it'll be some brand of BS.

Dash_D_Cadet likes this.

6. dmason2k

dmason2k New Member

Yeah, but it will be like no BS you've had before. It will be by far the best BS... that I can tell you

7. soupergloo

soupergloo Well-Known Member

everyone thought the autoclicker/script users were getting deactivated after the holidays, so it’ll be interesting to see what happens with that ..

in the Bay Area, the new drivers get most of the reserves and then the leftovers go to the drivers that don’t work many hours per week.

8. DeathByFlex

DeathByFlex Active Member

I think we'll see the van operations expand and perhaps some changes to the recruiting process due to the recent bad publicity.

9. jester121

jester121 Well-Known Member

We've already seen discussions of expanding flex to farm out our delivery services to the few markets Amazon doesn't already dominate. See articles from last summer....

10. rozz

rozz Active Member

2018 wish list:

1. Quality control - prioritize longtime drivers
    2. Better support - merge on duty and offline support
    3. Line of communication between central ops and drivers
    4. Sturdier Prime Now bags

11. soupergloo

soupergloo Well-Known Member

we should start a thread with our wishlists! I know Amazon monitors this forum because they’ve made changes from previous posts i’ve made

Frœsty, Transporter316 and rozz like this.
  12. rozz

rozz Active Member

One of the reasons why I write on here is because I know they read and make changes. The other avenue is through warehouse managers who email them to request change. Your feedback emails only go to bottom shelf support who then have to forward it to top shelf, if ever. We got them to reduce a lot of the 1.5 hours by complaining to our manager. There are some leftover for rare occasions but they've mostly been replaced by 2 and 2.5 hours.

soupergloo likes this.
  13. Movaldriver

Movaldriver Well-Known Member

One of my biggest complaints is the same day deliveries are all down to 3.5 hours instead of 4. The routes are completely spread out sometimes it's 5 different cities. The mileage for a 3.5 same day route is at a minimum double what the morning 4 hours are. Make them 4 hour blocks like they were for a very long time or increase the rate for same day deliveries! The distance we have to travel really deserves better pay than the much closer together routes.

SmartAlex likes this.
  14. rozz

rozz Active Member

Amazon doesn't understand that drivers don't like hopping on and off freeway ramps. It's time consuming and takes a toll on our wellbeing. We are OK with going to ONE faraway city and making all the deliveries there rather than one delivery in EACH city.

15. DeathByFlex

DeathByFlex Active Member

I'd like to see Flex expanded cover pickup of return items. That could be good for Amazon, their customers, and it would generate more work for us. Imagine securing a block as usual only instead of going to the WH to load up packages, Amazon assigns you a route of addresses to pickup packages from (customer returns); which you then drop off at the WH at the end.

SmartAlex likes this.
  16. CatchyMusicLover

CatchyMusicLover Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Considering the amount of returns vs deliveries, that would require a hell of a lot more driving. And that doesn't even get into the logictics of having 'normal' drivers able to get them, outside of at Amazon lockers (and they already have some sort of system for that, I recently put my return into one)

17. Transporter316

Transporter316 New Member

I don't think it's just from your post so I wouldn't get the big head a lot of people have similar opinions and some of those are paintings are expressed from the surveys they sent

18. chuck finley

chuck finley Active Member

damn the PN 2.5 hour block. It's so horrible. more stops & long travel time but less time to finish.

The station give the 2.5 hour route same time as the 2-hour route. You're pretty much screwed with the 2.5 hour route.

19. Frœsty

Frœsty Active Member

I think I am seeing the last gasp of Flex at my station in SF. The vans are multipling and some of the newborns have Amazon in their brightly painted coats. I could ask the vests but I couldn't care less.

I'm not sure how bad publicity really affects delivery choices. Flex drivers may be immediately terminated for unprofessiinalism while van DAs are somewhat protected by their supervisors and being a part of a 3rd party organization.

20. Amsoil Uber Connect

Amsoil Uber Connect Well-Known Member

Bezo's will hit his target of Deactivating a Billion drivers and scratch his a$$ wondering why he fell short of the Million.

Cynergie likes this.