Uber Drivers Forum banner

How well are you doing?

3K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  58756 
#1 · (Edited)
The past couple months I've tried out all the different food delivery companies in my city. (Baton Rouge) I just thought I'd share the results so far. What's yours looking like?

Per delivery including tips

DoorDash - $8.90

GrubHub - $9.50
Postmates - $9.44
UberEats - $7.71
Waitr (local) - $7.54

If I can I'll add hourly to show greater time value in each. Because we all know of those times sitting in the car waiting for a ping.

Per hour online including tips

DoorDash - $9.76
GrubHub - $14.67
Postmates - $14.16
UberEats - $10.57

Waitr (local) - $17.26

As you can see the numbers for DoorDash and UberEats are really low and Waitr is high.
· I rarely get more than one DoorDash order in an hour or sometimes none.
· You already know about UberEats.
· Waitr dominates the food delivery service here so I can easily get 2-3 orders every hour.
· With GrubHub you get $10 for the hour even if you have no deliveries.
· Postmates has a decent number of pings and great tippers so far.

FYI - Waitr pays $5 hour + tips. That's the reason why the per delivery is so low. No per delivery base fee, pickup fee, dropoff fee, or distance pay. Just hourly and tips. And Thurs-Sun you're guaranteed $5 tip each order or they round it up.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
The past couple months I've tried out all the different food delivery companies in my city. (Baton Rouge) I just thought I'd share the results so far. What's yours looking like?

Per delivery including tips

DoorDash - $8.90

GrubHub - $9.50
Postmates - $9.44
UberEats - $7.71
Waitr (local) - $7.54
You should also include how many trips you get for each.
Getting 1 trip all night and being paid handsomely is not so great.
Also, you should probably give your results as a $/mile figure.

#4 ·
Yes 1.5x most of the time and 1.6x-1.9x weekend evenings and late nights. No boosts for breakfast and for some reason 1.4x 10pm-12am M-W. Tips have been good to me as well.

Good idea

#7 ·
Here are my numbers for April:

Per delivery (tips included)

Uber EATS: $7.67
GrubHub: $9.82 (from deliveries only)
$11.02 (including the guaranteed hourly minimum)

I'm too lazy to compile time data. Since I am usually running both apps at the same time, it is not as simple as just going into the app and seeing what it tells me for time.

#9 ·
I don't see how folks can do simultaneous apps. On my beat, the weekends can be so hectic that I'm getting pinged for new pickups, sometimes just as I'm leaving the previous pickup. But more often than not they'll come just before I get to the drop-off point.

(In case your wondering, lots of suburban sprawl with great access to the highways, and lots of legit upper-class suburbs, too - so many gated communities, sometimes even with actually manned guard posts. There be some rich-ass dudes on my beat.)

#10 ·
I don't know, I'd be fine with one $60 catering delivery in a 3 hr block. Instead of 6-8 $7-$10 ones. I'd spend the rest of the time working on my car at my garage.

I don't see how folks can do simultaneous apps. On my beat, the weekends can be so hectic that I'm getting pinged for new pickups, sometimes just as I'm leaving the previous pickup. But more often than not they'll come just before I get to the drop-off point.

(In case your wondering, lots of suburban sprawl with great access to the highways, and lots of legit upper-class suburbs, too - so many gated communities, sometimes even with actually manned guard posts. There be some rich-ass dudes on my beat.)
You're lucky. It used to be like that for me just running UE. With 1.5-2.1 boosts. Then the market got saturated.

2 orders in 3.5 hours last Saturday night.

#12 ·
I don't know, I'd be fine with one $60 catering delivery in a 3 hr block. Instead of 6-8 $7-$10 ones. I'd spend the rest of the time working on my car at my garage.

You're lucky. It used to be like that for me just running UE. With 1.5-2.1 boosts. Then the market got saturated.

2 orders in 3.5 hours last Saturday night.
Yeah, that is one downside - I may be getting fairly frequent pings, but there's hardly ever any boost. Weirdly, the only regular boost is in smaller towns and cities that are like 50-75 miles out of town.

Though in my experience as of late, you hardly ever get pings inside the boost area that does pop up.

#14 ·
On average, 28-35/hr for GH, and 17-24 for ubereats 1130-330 today was 33/hr. If we only count active time, and not "random cherry picks here and there" time. The "I ain't doin shit so I'll let the app run" bloated hours. But I wouldn't count that really. Last
sat had a 2 hour period hit 38.78. 5 deliveries. 6th delivery, to push past 40, was 11 mins late. UberEATS, 1.7x boost. Guess
how long I sat in restaurant?

#15 ·
On average, 28-35/hr for GH, and 17-24 for ubereats 1130-330 today was 33/hr. If we only count active time, and not "random cherry picks here and there" time. The "I ain't doin shit so I'll let the app run" bloated hours. But I wouldn't count that really. Last
sat had a 2 hour period hit 38.78. 5 deliveries. 6th delivery, to push past 40, was 11 mins late. UberEATS, 1.7x boost. Guess
how long I sat in restaurant?
Enjoy it while you can. We almost all had that going on at one time.

I double dipped tonight and made $60 in 3.5 hrs between UE and GH. On a Friday night.

I'll admit I turned down a few $6< guarantees for UE orders because they were outside my GH region.

#16 ·
I mean if Uber snatches my boosts away, I'll jump over to Skip. I hear they're where to go in my city. Also got Postmates and doordashers, and caviar to set up. Folks say you can't make a living with this stuff, but seems I can if I make a full time job out of it.

#21 · (Edited)
I mean if Uber snatches my boosts away, I'll jump over to Skip. I hear they're where to go in my city. Also got Postmates and doordashers, and caviar to set up. Folks say you can't make a living with this stuff, but seems I can if I make a full time job out of it.
You can make a living doing these food gigs f/t. But regardless of the app, the longer you do, it becomes more difficult through the years because there are always new drivers. Soon you run out of apps to try and you'll miss having benefits and raises.

Most gas stations near me are $2.99 now, and lowest I can find in another city is $2.80. What happens in two or three years when gas is higher, but your pay isn't?

You also aren't contributing much to future SS benefits or a 401k, unless you have a solo 401k for the self-employed.

When there is another recession, the first thing people give up is eating out/delivery. There is a lot to think about and things can change fast.

#24 ·
I like that waitr idea 5.00 but always local...sounds like they could have a winner... I'm tempted to do same deal with my local ma and pop restaurants...I worked at a pizza place ..that we couldn't deliver to the town 6 miles away because owner could never figure out how to pay a driver to be gone 45 minutes ..so it was only deliveries within 5 to 6 miles..he would have to pay driver 10 for a 15.00 order just never worked out ...but always 5.00 and local say 7 miles and under would work..owner did occasionally send us to that town but only if it were a double or triple...that way all were happy

#26 ·
In my area ubereats this week finally cut the 6 deliveries for $10 between 8am-4pm and again at 4pm-midnight. The deliveries are getting further and further away and I ordered ubereats today to see if anyone was doing ubereats with no boost or quest, it took about 20 mins longer from a place a mile away during non peak hours.

#27 ·
Try Pizza Hut.
Give Excellent Service
Get Rewarded for it !

I have Health Insurance !
Free Life Insurance.

I treat it like it was my own business.
My earnings GROW WITH MY EFFORTS !

Uber only CUTS RATES !

" NO NEED TO TIP " !
Get a gun so that life insurance doesn't have to be called upon by your surviving relatives when someone robs kills you my friend. Because Pizza delivery is risky and easily able to get killed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.