How well are you doing?

tsmit44

The past couple months I've tried out all the different food delivery companies in my city. (Baton Rouge) I just thought I'd share the results so far. What's yours looking like?

Per delivery including tips

DoorDash - $8.90

GrubHub - $9.50
Postmates - $9.44
UberEats - $7.71
Waitr (local) - $7.54

If I can I'll add hourly to show greater time value in each. Because we all know of those times sitting in the car waiting for a ping.

Per hour online including tips

DoorDash - $9.76
GrubHub - $14.67
Postmates - $14.16
UberEats - $10.57

Waitr (local) - $17.26

As you can see the numbers for DoorDash and UberEats are really low and Waitr is high.
· I rarely get more than one DoorDash order in an hour or sometimes none.
· You already know about UberEats.
· Waitr dominates the food delivery service here so I can easily get 2-3 orders every hour.
· With GrubHub you get $10 for the hour even if you have no deliveries.
· Postmates has a decent number of pings and great tippers so far.

FYI - Waitr pays $5 hour + tips. That's the reason why the per delivery is so low. No per delivery base fee, pickup fee, dropoff fee, or distance pay. Just hourly and tips. And Thurs-Sun you're guaranteed $5 tip each order or they round it up.

Last edited:

Rickos69

The past couple months I've tried out all the different food delivery companies in my city. (Baton Rouge) I just thought I'd share the results so far. What's yours looking like?

DoorDash - $8.90

GrubHub - $9.50
Postmates - $9.44
UberEats - $7.71
Waitr (local) - $7.54
You should also include how many trips you get for each.
Getting 1 trip all night and being paid handsomely is not so great.
Also, you should probably give your results as a $/mile figure.

Last edited:

tsmit44

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You must have decent boosts for UE. I'd say my average with lower boosts (1.1x, 1.2x) is closer to $5.
Yes 1.5x most of the time and 1.6x-1.9x weekend evenings and late nights. No boosts for breakfast and for some reason 1.4x 10pm-12am M-W. Tips have been good to me as well.
Post automatically merged:

Good idea

tsmit44

Put in as many hours as you can and save up. Because once they get enough drivers in your market, the boost will decline or disappear.
Oh believe me, I'm already preparing. That's why I signed up for the others. I can go online with Postmates, UberEats, and GrubHub at any time. So I have all 3 online together until I get a ping. Only done that for a few days but it's worked well.

Launchpad McQuack

Here are my numbers for April:

Per delivery (tips included)

Uber EATS: $7.67
GrubHub: $9.82 (from deliveries only)
$11.02 (including the guaranteed hourly minimum)

I'm too lazy to compile time data. Since I am usually running both apps at the same time, it is not as simple as just going into the app and seeing what it tells me for time.

tsmit44

Here are my numbers for April:

Per delivery (tips included)

Uber EATS: $7.67
GrubHub: $9.82 (from deliveries only)
$11.02 (including the guaranteed hourly minimum)

I'm too lazy to compile time data. Since I am usually running both apps at the same time, it is not as simple as just going into the app and seeing what it tells me for time.
I just started doing the simultaneous apps thing. I wish I had been doing it.

BjRhodes

I don't see how folks can do simultaneous apps. On my beat, the weekends can be so hectic that I'm getting pinged for new pickups, sometimes just as I'm leaving the previous pickup. But more often than not they'll come just before I get to the drop-off point.

(In case your wondering, lots of suburban sprawl with great access to the highways, and lots of legit upper-class suburbs, too - so many gated communities, sometimes even with actually manned guard posts. There be some rich-ass dudes on my beat.)

dlearl476

I don’t know, I’d be fine with one $60 catering delivery in a 3 hr block. Instead of 6-8 $7-$10 ones. I’d spend the rest of the time working on my car at my garage.

I don't see how folks can do simultaneous apps. On my beat, the weekends can be so hectic that I'm getting pinged for new pickups, sometimes just as I'm leaving the previous pickup. But more often than not they'll come just before I get to the drop-off point.

(In case your wondering, lots of suburban sprawl with great access to the highways, and lots of legit upper-class suburbs, too - so many gated communities, sometimes even with actually manned guard posts. There be some rich-ass dudes on my beat.)
You’re lucky. It used to be like that for me just running UE. With 1.5-2.1 boosts. Then the market got saturated.

2 orders in 3.5 hours last Saturday night.

BjRhodes

I don’t know, I’d be fine with one $60 catering delivery in a 3 hr block. Instead of 6-8 $7-$10 ones. I’d spend the rest of the time working on my car at my garage.

You’re lucky. It used to be like that for me just running UE. With 1.5-2.1 boosts. Then the market got saturated.

2 orders in 3.5 hours last Saturday night.
Yeah, that is one downside - I may be getting fairly frequent pings, but there's hardly ever any boost. Weirdly, the only regular boost is in smaller towns and cities that are like 50-75 miles out of town.

Though in my experience as of late, you hardly ever get pings inside the boost area that does pop up.

Woohaa

Postmates orders in LA averaged $4 w/o tip. This is why I quit doing Postmates. BUT they did offer $15 per hour guarantee when they opened up in another area so I stayed with them until that promo was over.

Alohams

On average, 28-35/hr for GH, and 17-24 for ubereats 1130-330 today was 33/hr. If we only count active time, and not "random cherry picks here and there" time. The "I ain't doin shit so I'll let the app run" bloated hours. But I wouldn't count that really. Last
sat had a 2 hour period hit 38.78. 5 deliveries. 6th delivery, to push past 40, was 11 mins late. UberEATS, 1.7x boost. Guess
how long I sat in restaurant?

dlearl476

On average, 28-35/hr for GH, and 17-24 for ubereats 1130-330 today was 33/hr. If we only count active time, and not "random cherry picks here and there" time. The "I ain't doin shit so I'll let the app run" bloated hours. But I wouldn't count that really. Last
sat had a 2 hour period hit 38.78. 5 deliveries. 6th delivery, to push past 40, was 11 mins late. UberEATS, 1.7x boost. Guess
how long I sat in restaurant?
Enjoy it while you can. We almost all had that going on at one time.

I double dipped tonight and made $60 in 3.5 hrs between UE and GH. On a Friday night.

I’ll admit I turned down a few $6< guarantees for UE orders because they were outside my GH region.

Alohams

Enjoy it while you can. We almost all had that going on at one time.

I double dipped tonight and made $60 in 3.5 hrs between UE and GH. On a Friday night.

I’ll admit I turned down a few $6< guarantees for UE orders because they were outside my GH region.
I mean if Uber snatches my boosts away, I'll jump over to Skip. I hear they're where to go in my city. Also got Postmates and doordashers, and caviar to set up. Folks say you can't make a living with this stuff, but seems I can if I make a full time job out of it.

tohunt4me

Try Pizza Hut.
Give Excellent Service
Get Rewarded for it !

I have Health Insurance !
Free Life Insurance.

I treat it like it was my own business.
My earnings GROW WITH MY EFFORTS !

Uber only CUTS RATES !

" NO NEED TO TIP " !

DoorDash - $8.90

GrubHub - $9.50
Postmates - $9.44
UberEats - $7.71
Waitr (local) - $7.54

If I can I'll add hourly to show greater time value in each. Because we all know of those times sitting in the car waiting for a ping.

Per hour online including tips

DoorDash - $9.76
GrubHub - $14.67
Postmates - $14.16
UberEats - $10.57

Waitr (local) - $17.26

As you can see the numbers for DoorDash and UberEats are really low and Waitr is high.
· I rarely get more than one DoorDash order in an hour or sometimes none.
· You already know about UberEats.
· Waitr dominates the food delivery service here so I can easily get 2-3 orders every hour.
· With GrubHub you get $10 for the hour even if you have no deliveries.
· Postmates has a decent number of pings and great tippers so far.

FYI - Waitr pays $5 hour + tips. That's the reason why the per delivery is so low. No per delivery base fee, pickup fee, dropoff fee, or distance pay. Just hourly and tips. And Thurs-Sun you're guaranteed $5 tip each order or they round it up.

dlearl476

I mean if Uber snatches my boosts away, I'll jump over to Skip. I hear they're where to go in my city. Also got Postmates and doordashers, and caviar to set up. Folks say you can't make a living with this stuff, but seems I can if I make a full time job out of it.
You can make a full time job out of picking cotton, too.

Just sayin’.

dlearl476

My “nut” is covered by SS and pension. Delivery money is money I dump into my cars and bikes.

Once I finish my big winter project on one of my cars, I plan on taking the rest of the summer off and driving it.