How was your weekend?

TransporterX

I know most XL drivers making money due to constantly high surges. Not sure if Uber set the surge sensitivity to the max on XL or it was really a high demand.
So come on share us the surges you got and how was your weekend.

I drove on friday night and made $445 net and yesterday $315. Both days were about 8-9 hrs shifts.

Call Johnny Cab

I know most XL drivers making money due to constantly high surges. Not sure if Uber set the surge sensitivity to the max on XL or it was really a high demand.

I drove on friday night and made $445 net and yesterday $315. Both days were about 8-9 hrs shifts.
You can't ever be sure what's going on. They may have boosted XL to put dn the XL crowd refusing to drive because of the move to put XL in the same camp as X. Having a surge doesn't cost em a lot. $100 here there doesn't mean anything to them in order to put dn an XL rebellion.

TransporterX

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You can't ever be sure what's going on. They may have boosted XL to put dn the XL crowd refusing to drive because of the move to put XL in the same camp as X. Having a surge doesn't cost em a lot. $100 here there doesn't mean anything to them in order to put dn an XL rebellion.
I know that. It was like maybe an once off thingy.

weekndwarrior

Ok I'm moving to Vegas.

BKMxl

So does the XL only profile still work? Thought they did away with that?

Colddesertsnow

Looks like everyone made more money this weekend! That's good news considering the news we got earlier this week. XL surges are awesome if you aren't stuck with an X.

Colddesertsnow

Like I said if your lucky to get XL pings. Thou I made the most money ever have in 5 hours since I started driving 9 months ago. Plus I had a 2x guarantee last last which makes X pings worth more than XL pings and XL pings worth more than Select pings.

Uber Steve LV

Like I said if your lucky to get XL pings. Thou I made the most money ever have in 5 hours since I started driving 9 months ago. Plus I had a 2x guarantee last last which makes X pings worth more than XL pings and XL pings worth more than Select pings.
2x is not worth more than XL.
X is $0.90/mile
XL is $2.25/ mile
0.90*2=$1.80
You need 2.4 to be equal to XL.
Now 2 times XL is better than select, but while taking X pings you miss out on large XL surge rides. Surge was high last night to bring XL drivers out of the wood work to do X work. Costs Uber nothing since the rider pays, but now all X rides are not going unanswered and riders moving to Lyft.

Colddesertsnow

2x is not worth more than XL.
X is $0.90/mile
XL is $2.25/ mile
0.90*2=$1.80
You need 2.4 to be equal to XL.
Now 2 times XL is better than select, but while taking X pings you miss out on large XL surge rides. Surge was high last night to bring XL drivers out of the wood work to do X work. Costs Uber nothing since the rider pays, but now all X rides are not going unanswered and riders moving to Lyft.
I see your point on the mileage, but for how far we mostly drive the $10 pickup fee somewhat makes up for the .45 I am missing per mile. Basically anything over 6.5 miles I am starting to loose a little. At least it's something. I could be driving at the base rate with an SUV for X. I only drive 10 - 15 hours a week so these guarantees are great for me! And yes I get an XL like 2-3 times a night now.