1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

How was your NYE shift?

Discussion in 'Las Vegas' started by Monkeyboy, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Monkeyboy

Monkeyboy

Driving:
    UberX
    I started at 12:15 am after a nap, and the pings just kept rolling in on top of one another in till dawn, almost 90% surges... But only a few 5x.
    No pukers, only one truly obnoxious drunk, a few nappers... And one guy outright passed out in the back seat. Saw the taxicab authority police busting a lyft driver at the airport at 6am, three police cars involved.
    Made two bills exactly with Uber between 12:15 and sunrise...and 20 in tips

Took me 20 minutes to get to my first fare, but after that traffic was smooth sailing. It was fun, and made good $. And I no longer feel like a total rookie, last night gave me a big shot of confidence.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
    Randompanzy likes this.
  2. Yes, I am also curious what everyone made on NYE.
    I made $275, over 13.5 hours...21 total trips. Several of them were pretty far.
    No real issues, except tips were significantly lower than typical. I started out the night with just one $5 tip in the 5 hours before midnight (yikes).
    Thankfully after midnight, and the morning hours...they got better. Still a disappointing total for tips on the night.
    It was quite frustrating not being able to access the strip, but I focused my efforts around it...and then went back to it after 4am.

EVERYONE...if you are willing to share...please tell us what $ you made, so we can compare.
    Be honest. No need to embellish. It's just a curiosity poll.

-EM

Monkeyboy likes this.
  3. GoBigBlue

GoBigBlue

$310 on Lyft, $120 on uber, $76 tips working from 2pm to 7 pm and 9pm to 2:30am...

4. Worked 9pm to 6am. $260 Uber and $55 tips. Hoped it would have been better but not awful. Mostly off the strip until after 12am. Caught one 4.9 from Top Golf to Stratosphere, a 4.7 from Sapphire to Decatur and Hacienda and a decent 2.6 from PH to Cheyenne and 215 for $59 and $20 tip. Not one single really drunk person (although I was prepared- Garbage Bags, Towels and clean up supplies)
    , and 3 groups of millennials, one couple who actually tipped $20 from the Rio to Silverado. 19 total rides and 4 tippers- 2 x $20, $10 and $5.

5. beezlewaxin

beezlewaxin

Driving:
    Lyft
    Copy of my post from another thread:

Here is how i did, on Lyft only:

$225 in rides
    $10 in-app tips
    $20 cash tips
    -45 Lyft fees

Total take home: $205
    I only used about 1/4 tank of gas, and drove maybe 100 miles I think..

After 5 rides I was up over 200, thats always nice.. last 2 rides were small payout so i called it a night..

I give the night 5/10 stars. I could have made double if I had less downtime, longer rides, started earlier, and lots more wishful thinking of course.. I am still.glad I worked, as in $200 was not a waste of time. Had I made twice that, as I am sure many did, and I would be saying, what a great night.

Here is how I spent my evening. I didnt start until 1030pm and worked until about 400am, did 7 rides I think. Caught a 100%, and a 0% in Summerlin then headed to the strip around 1130pm. Then it was dead (<100% Primetime) for what seemed like an hour, and my first ride after midnight ended up being a 0% musta been just outside primetime area, took me 10miles away from strip, but soon as I got back after 115am, got a couple short 550% (approx $80 on each), then a 400% and a 200%..

I only had a couple pickups on strip properties, and they were of course a real pain to locate and load. All the rest i had no problems locating my pax.

I would say the Lyft app did a good job of not sending me pings from unrealistic pickup locations given road closures.

Screenshot_2017-01-01-05-37-54.png

6. TomInVegas

TomInVegas

Driving:
    UberX
    First NYE driving in LV for Uber and Lyft. Grand Total: $279.51 including tips. Largest tip: $20. No pukers nor *******s, mostly good/natured, friendly out of towners and some hopelessly bombed souls but nevertheless still somewhat behaving.

80/20 suburbs-vs-Strip ratio of activity starting out, increasing to 50/50 ratio as 3 am and onward approached with roadblocks down and traffic thinning. Avoided Strip like the plague from my start time (6 pm) until early morning. Rewarded self with a $10 prime rib breakfast at Hard Rock Hotel Mr. Lucky's watching the riff-raff. Slept from 6 am until just now.

Highest surge I saw was around 7x briefly and highest I snagged was maybe aroun 6x. 15-mile ride back to suburbia around $113 with surge.

Lots of cops busting people, ambulances all night, drunk jaywalkers perilously crossing, you name it

7. "Two bills" in 6 hours on the biggest night of the year? That's terrible! I did more than that with one ride last year. The market is way over saturated with drivers and now Uber makes you feel lucky when you make 2 bills in a night. Awful. I saw the writing on the wall when Halloween night was a bust. I stayed home for the first time in 3 years.

grams777 and Uber Steve LV like this.
  8. Jojo702

Jojo702

Nye was ok nothing like edc in the 702. I logged on for 10 .48 hrs almost nonstop took two breaks and pulled in $261.77 could have been better but had zero issues and drama.

9. Got a 5.1x surge. Was my high surge trip. Nothing special

10. AllAroundVegas

AllAroundVegas

Driving:
    UberX

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  11. Jesus man. You're the worm horse for the rideshare companies. Wow

12. AllAroundVegas

AllAroundVegas

Driving:
    UberX

FUberX likes this.
  13. I meant a work horse

14. AllAroundVegas

AllAroundVegas

Driving:
    UberX

15. Nice good for you . More ping for bling.

16. AllAroundVegas

AllAroundVegas

Driving:
    UberX

EverythingVegas likes this.
  17. TransporterX

TransporterX

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Last week... was my biggest week in Rideshare career. Made almost $2200 net including tips and cash rides. One was a $600 cash trip to Chino Hills, CA.

EverythingVegas likes this.
  18. Nice $450 profit

19. Did 7pm nye to 7pm on the 1st, made about 550 plus 48 in cash tips. Wasn't the best but no complaints

TransporterX likes this.
  20. I had a great night. I worked 9.5 hours and made $550, so almost $60/hour. Biggest tip was $100. One puker, but it happened at a long red light and I saw it about to happen so I leaned across him and opened the passenger side door and he got it all in the street. Thank you happy puking dude.

I got cussed out by a passenger on the way to picking her up. She called and said, "Why are you (bleep)ing around? You know where I am!" just as I was pulling up to her. She cancelled and turned around and walked back into the club, and I immediately got an XL request with a 4.0 surge. Ha, have a great night, skinny angry club girl.

TransporterX likes this.