1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

How was your NYE shift?

Discussion in 'Las Vegas' started by Monkeyboy, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Monkeyboy

Monkeyboy

Driving:
    UberX
    I started at 12:15 am after a nap, and the pings just kept rolling in on top of one another in till dawn, almost 90% surges... But only a few 5x.
    No pukers, only one truly obnoxious drunk, a few nappers... And one guy outright passed out in the back seat. Saw the taxicab authority police busting a lyft driver at the airport at 6am, three police cars involved.
    Made two bills exactly with Uber between 12:15 and sunrise...and 20 in tips

Took me 20 minutes to get to my first fare, but after that traffic was smooth sailing. It was fun, and made good $. And I no longer feel like a total rookie, last night gave me a big shot of confidence.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
    Randompanzy likes this.
  2. Yes, I am also curious what everyone made on NYE.
    I made $275, over 13.5 hours...21 total trips. Several of them were pretty far.
    No real issues, except tips were significantly lower than typical. I started out the night with just one $5 tip in the 5 hours before midnight (yikes).
    Thankfully after midnight, and the morning hours...they got better. Still a disappointing total for tips on the night.
    It was quite frustrating not being able to access the strip, but I focused my efforts around it...and then went back to it after 4am.

EVERYONE...if you are willing to share...please tell us what $ you made, so we can compare.
    Be honest. No need to embellish. It's just a curiosity poll.

-EM

Monkeyboy likes this.
  3. GoBigBlue

GoBigBlue

$310 on Lyft, $120 on uber, $76 tips working from 2pm to 7 pm and 9pm to 2:30am...

4. Worked 9pm to 6am. $260 Uber and $55 tips. Hoped it would have been better but not awful. Mostly off the strip until after 12am. Caught one 4.9 from Top Golf to Stratosphere, a 4.7 from Sapphire to Decatur and Hacienda and a decent 2.6 from PH to Cheyenne and 215 for $59 and $20 tip. Not one single really drunk person (although I was prepared- Garbage Bags, Towels and clean up supplies)
    , and 3 groups of millennials, one couple who actually tipped $20 from the Rio to Silverado. 19 total rides and 4 tippers- 2 x $20, $10 and $5.

5. beezlewaxin

beezlewaxin

Driving:
    Lyft
    Copy of my post from another thread:

Here is how i did, on Lyft only:

$225 in rides
    $10 in-app tips
    $20 cash tips
    -45 Lyft fees

Total take home: $205
    I only used about 1/4 tank of gas, and drove maybe 100 miles I think..

After 5 rides I was up over 200, thats always nice.. last 2 rides were small payout so i called it a night..

I give the night 5/10 stars. I could have made double if I had less downtime, longer rides, started earlier, and lots more wishful thinking of course.. I am still.glad I worked, as in $200 was not a waste of time. Had I made twice that, as I am sure many did, and I would be saying, what a great night.

Here is how I spent my evening. I didnt start until 1030pm and worked until about 400am, did 7 rides I think. Caught a 100%, and a 0% in Summerlin then headed to the strip around 1130pm. Then it was dead (<100% Primetime) for what seemed like an hour, and my first ride after midnight ended up being a 0% musta been just outside primetime area, took me 10miles away from strip, but soon as I got back after 115am, got a couple short 550% (approx $80 on each), then a 400% and a 200%..

I only had a couple pickups on strip properties, and they were of course a real pain to locate and load. All the rest i had no problems locating my pax.

I would say the Lyft app did a good job of not sending me pings from unrealistic pickup locations given road closures.

Screenshot_2017-01-01-05-37-54.png

6. TomInVegas

TomInVegas

Driving:
    UberX
    First NYE driving in LV for Uber and Lyft. Grand Total: $279.51 including tips. Largest tip: $20. No pukers nor *******s, mostly good/natured, friendly out of towners and some hopelessly bombed souls but nevertheless still somewhat behaving.

80/20 suburbs-vs-Strip ratio of activity starting out, increasing to 50/50 ratio as 3 am and onward approached with roadblocks down and traffic thinning. Avoided Strip like the plague from my start time (6 pm) until early morning. Rewarded self with a $10 prime rib breakfast at Hard Rock Hotel Mr. Lucky's watching the riff-raff. Slept from 6 am until just now.

Highest surge I saw was around 7x briefly and highest I snagged was maybe aroun 6x. 15-mile ride back to suburbia around $113 with surge.

Lots of cops busting people, ambulances all night, drunk jaywalkers perilously crossing, you name it

7. "Two bills" in 6 hours on the biggest night of the year? That's terrible! I did more than that with one ride last year. The market is way over saturated with drivers and now Uber makes you feel lucky when you make 2 bills in a night. Awful. I saw the writing on the wall when Halloween night was a bust. I stayed home for the first time in 3 years.

grams777 and Uber Steve LV like this.
  8. Jojo702

Jojo702

Nye was ok nothing like edc in the 702. I logged on for 10 .48 hrs almost nonstop took two breaks and pulled in $261.77 could have been better but had zero issues and drama.

9. Got a 5.1x surge. Was my high surge trip. Nothing special

10. AllAroundVegas

AllAroundVegas

Driving:
    UberX

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  11. Jesus man. You're the worm horse for the rideshare companies. Wow

12. AllAroundVegas

AllAroundVegas

Driving:
    UberX

FUberX likes this.
  13. I meant a work horse

14. AllAroundVegas

AllAroundVegas

Driving:
    UberX

15. Nice good for you . More ping for bling.

16. AllAroundVegas

AllAroundVegas

Driving:
    UberX

EverythingVegas likes this.
  17. TransporterX

TransporterX

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Last week... was my biggest week in Rideshare career. Made almost $2200 net including tips and cash rides. One was a $600 cash trip to Chino Hills, CA.

EverythingVegas likes this.
  18. Nice $450 profit

19. Did 7pm nye to 7pm on the 1st, made about 550 plus 48 in cash tips. Wasn't the best but no complaints

TransporterX likes this.
  20. I had a great night. I worked 9.5 hours and made $550, so almost $60/hour. Biggest tip was $100. One puker, but it happened at a long red light and I saw it about to happen so I leaned across him and opened the passenger side door and he got it all in the street. Thank you happy puking dude.

I got cussed out by a passenger on the way to picking her up. She called and said, "Why are you (bleep)ing around? You know where I am!" just as I was pulling up to her. She cancelled and turned around and walked back into the club, and I immediately got an XL request with a 4.0 surge. Ha, have a great night, skinny angry club girl.

TransporterX likes this.