How was your day? August 2017

Archie Nelson

Sadly my grandpa is about to pass away as well as my wife working nights I haven't worked much this week as of yet. Hoping to do some ubering Thursday morning though.

Daisey77

I wasn't planning on working but noticed there were a couple big concerts. so, I headed out. My first run was shortly after 11 and I finished up with an airport run at 3am. $107 on 4 runs. Not bad.

Do all couples leave concerts fighting or am I just lucky enough to get them? I get more fighting couples after concerts than any other type of ride. Poor guy was a driver too.

My airport run at 3 a.m. was an uberX. They were trying to use Lyft but it wouldn't take their coupon or something but they made the comment is still would have been cheaper without the coupon. He told me Uber quoted them $41, from the Holiday Inn, across from shotguns. I thought that was odd due to no surge. I dropped them off and looked at the details of the fare. Sure enough. Payout was $24 and he was charged $41. Even subtracting out the airport fee that's a 35% Commission. Now wonder why our passengers are grouchy and our ratings are taking a hit. They were going to figure out the Lyft situation before they landed in Florida so they can Lyft home

Last edited:

Daisey77

Does DF work? It seems it's very spotty...not sure
Yes. I've been pretty successful with it but I only use it once or twice a day. There's only been one time I did not get a direct right where I wanted to go. I got a short one first, in the direction and then I got a second request that took me to my final destination

Ug for me not so much. 4 hours online today 33.00 dollars...wtf. I know Tuesday's are s..l..o...w. But this is ridiculous. Currently, I'm at Interlocken and nothing...crap day.

Daisey77

Ug for me not so much. 4 hours online today 33.00 dollars...wtf. I know Tuesday's are s..l..o...w. But this is ridiculous. Currently, I'm at Interlocken and nothing...crap day.
Ugh yeah I don't know what's going on exactly. Last week started out that way too. What platforms do you run?

Duber12

My airport run at 3 a.m. was an uberX. They were trying to use lift but it wouldn't take their coupon or something but they made the comment is still would have been cheaper without the coupon. He told me they were quoted $41, from the Holiday Inn, across from shotguns. I thought that was odd due to no surge. I dropped them off and looked at the details of the fare. Sure enough. Payout was $24 and he was charged $41. Even subtracting out the airport fee that's a 35% Commission. Now wonder
He told me they were quoted $41, from the Holiday Inn, across from shotguns. I thought that was odd due to no surge. I dropped them off and looked at the details of the fare. Sure enough. Payout was $24 and he was charged $41. Even subtracting out the airport fee that's a 35% Commission. Now wonder why our passengers are grouchy and our ratings are taking a hit.

Yep.

Frontier Guy

Had an interesting morning, I'm off from my regular job today, so did a long weekday morning shift. 3:30 am to 9 am. 4.5 hrs, Exactly 200 miles, $164. Signed into both, set Uber DF for DIA, Did a hated trip, picked up an employee from Home Depot at 3:40 am, minimum fare, as soon as I dropped her off, got a ping 15 minutes away. System said new pax, figured WTH. SCORE!! Broomfield to DIA via toll road, $6.00 cash tip. At Pena and FA, got a hit 104th and Tower on Lyft, called pax, 15 minutes, going back to DIA via toll road, $5.00 cash tip. DH out, @ Pena and I-70 got an Uber hit Hilton across from University Hospital (figured it would be DIA) went to 5th and Kalamath. Got a hit 13th and Santa Fe, cancelled while enroute. Lyft, Hyatt Place to DIA $5.00 tip from one pax, gave out business card to the other pax. DH from DIA, Lyft hit, Montghetto to Centennial Airport area. Spent the next hr doing 5 short hops (4 of which originated from the Inverness (the doorman knows my truck by heart now)), before getting my last trip of the morning from Parker to Lodo.

Those of you planning to work tonight, GOOD LUCK. Rockies Game, GnR concert at Mile Hi, there's some thing else I think at Red Rocks. Could be a killer night.

Smunson87

Had an interesting morning, I'm off from my regular job today, so did a long weekday morning shift. 3:30 am to 9 am. 4.5 hrs, Exactly 200 miles, $164. Signed into both, set Uber DF for DIA, Did a hated trip, picked up an employee from Home Depot at 3:40 am, minimum fare, as soon as I dropped her off, got a ping 15 minutes away. System said new pax, figured WTH. SCORE!! Broomfield to DIA via toll road, $6.00 cash tip. At Pena and FA, got a hit 104th and Tower on Lyft, called pax, 15 minutes, going back to DIA via toll road, $5.00 cash tip. DH out, @ Pena and I-70 got an Uber hit Hilton across from University Hospital (figured it would be DIA) went to 5th and Kalamath. Got a hit 13th and Santa Fe, cancelled while enroute. Lyft, Hyatt Place to DIA $5.00 tip from one pax, gave out business card to the other pax. DH from DIA, Lyft hit, Montghetto to Centennial Airport area. Spent the next hr doing 5 short hops (4 of which originated from the Inverness (the doorman knows my truck by heart now)), before getting my last trip of the morning from Parker to Lodo.

Those of you planning to work tonight, GOOD LUCK. Rockies Game, GnR concert at Mile Hi, there's some thing else I think at Red Rocks. Could be a killer night.
Hope it's a good evening I am going to work from 2-6:30 or 7

Urban Uber

Oh hell here we go :rolleyes:here's some context for you guys, who Uber does no wrong to . . . how about the context in our agreements? Why don't you go properly break down that context to Uber instead of breaking down the context of our scenerios and experiences. Yes we did agree to a certain amount, in regards to mileage and minutes. However, you and apparently Uber seem
to forget there are other components to the agreement other than Miles and minutes. In fact, Travis seemed to forget almost every other component, in our agreement. That's great your restaurant seems to run without any issues, but clearly Uber does not operate as efficiently as your restaurant. While that's wonderful you pay your employees per your guys agreement, Uber does not believe in operating in the same manner.
Daisy.. when and IF I have a contract or financial issue with Uber..i will go back and review all of the postings that are related to a specific issue... until then... my experiences are MY experiences. Driving for almost 2 years with 2000 trips and a 4.96 rating and 0% cancellations and 100% acceptance. I answer OP questions and concerns as best i can from MY point of view and my own driving experience. Just like FOX news... i listen occasionally to hear what their point is and also CNN to see other opinions... to be FAIR and BALANCED.. i would hope new drivers would read all postings and make decisions in their own best interest..

System said new Pax??? What does that mean?

UberDez

When she requested, on my screen for the ride request, where it would normally show pax rating, mine said NEW

that was Lyft right ? I think lyft has had that for awhile now as I've noticed it a few times . If it as Uber that's new to me

KevRyde

It took about half an hour of trolling this morning before I snagged an X to DIA followed by an X rematch to Peoria and 54th. When I got back downtown, I snagged an XL back to DIA followed by an XL rematch to Centennial, and then when I got back downtown to work my third DF, I snagged a Select back to DIA via I-76 followed by a Select rematch to Park Hill. On the way home I grabbed a random a 1.6x XL to SAF for Guns'n'Roses. All Uber; crickets on Lyft. Loving my new ride!

upload_2017-8-2_18-23-43.png

UberDez

It took about half an hour of trolling this morning before I snagged an X to DIA followed by an X rematch to Peoria and 54th. When I got back downtown, I snagged an XL back to DIA followed by an XL rematch to Centennial, and then when I got back downtown to work my third DF, I snagged a Select back to DIA via I-76 followed by a Select rematch to Park Hill. On the way home I grabbed a random a 1.6x XL to SAF for Guns'n'Roses. All Uber; crickets on Lyft. Loving my new ride!

View attachment 145224

Damn those XL and Select rematches are coming at you like crazy , must be the fancy new ride