1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership.

How VIA in NYC ?

Discussion in 'New York City' started by Usman Faiz, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Usman Faiz

Usman Faiz

Completed their application few months ago and was put on wait list. Yesterday received email and txt of invitation to join before Sept 15 and recive $1000 sign on bonus.

2. Engineer

Engineer

If you are a poor soul who has to give UberX rides with an SUV, Via might be your lifesaver. You drive stress-free because you know you're on the clock.

This is part of their website that you cannot reach through main page:
    http://drivewithvia.com/push/suv-flex-unlock/

Last week they bumped up peak rate to $40-42/hr almost every day. I'd say give it a try but note that it's not easy to get all $1000 bonus. You have to work 80 peak hours in the first 4 weeks.

3. Lenny_yellow_cab

Lenny_yellow_cab

Driving:
    UberX
    Thats not bad.. $40 an hour.. I wud definitely do it.

I average $30 - $35 an hour driving yellow cab.

4. Red

Red

Driving:
    UberX
    I can totally picture myself sitting on 110th and Riverside from 5pm to 8pm watching movies for $35 per hour.
    Need company for fair distribution of "pings of dammit".

TwoFiddyMile likes this.
  5. Engineer

Engineer

If only you did not have to go and wait on a specific block they want. BTW, customer profile is totally different compared to Uber. It's highly likely that they give you a pick-up in that area pretty quickly. Over the summer, East Village was the dead zone.
    Since Uber gave me $40/h guaranteed payment, I stopped working for Via.

6. Red

Red

Driving:
    UberX
    Ouch. Down to the block? Control freaks! ;)
    Guarantees usually have strict requirements as far as I know. Haven't heard of current one in NYC though.
    What do they want in return?

7. $40/h guaranteed payment? huh?

8. what about sedans?

9. Engineer

Engineer

90% online time
    90% acceptance rate
    Complete at least one trip per hour
    Be in Manhattan

They make up the difference if you make less than $40. Only valid for 7-10 AM & 5-8 PM M-F

10. antiuber$

antiuber$

Via sounds great. Thinking of quitting school, working for Via instead! Who needs an education when you can Via?

Vas62 and ubernyc like this.
  11. AdemHus

AdemHus

One thing that seems cool about Via is that they'll give you rides that are all going in the same direction. No driving back and forth or up and down the aves/streets.

12. Engineer

Engineer

You say...

13. ExLyfter

ExLyfter

Whiner's!! Every last one of ya!!.. I Commute in from out of state 90+ miles for your KAKA PEE PEE Money!! ... Move out of the City my friends.. just go there .. take the $$$ and run... you live in NYC because of whatever reason and pay $1700 /month for a Studio APT!!! Jokes on you!!! The City is where you work.. not LIVE!! and become a Slave!!

Guap06 likes this.
  14. Uberinghonda

Uberinghonda

Driving:
    UberX
    I live in my uncles' home and pay $250 rent a month! Less than what u pay wherever ur from! HAHAHA!

15. ExLyfter

ExLyfter

I own a 4 bedroom House and rent 3 of the rooms for $400/month $1200 Rental income... I pay $275.00 out of pocket for (RENT!!) lol (Mortgage) and I will own my 4 bedroom house in 17 years.. and don't have to look at my uncle!! oh and I don't have to live in BX or Harlem.. infact a quite peaceful 1/2 acre yard with a flowing river in my backyard.. not Gunshot's , Sirens and Prostitutes!

16. Radio_group

Radio_group

Wait. So u going to drive for Uber 17 more years ???? And whats wrong with hookers this days ?

Drive2bFree likes this.
  17. Beach1967

Beach1967

There is a wait list and they’re paying a sign on bonus.......hhmmmmm

18. [jussayin]

19. Congrats u and the bank r the proud owners of a 25 yr mortage

20. BigBadDriver

BigBadDriver

Driving:
    UberX

You don't have to look at your Uncle - instead you live with 3 roommates and have a 90 mile commute to work?

#notwinning
    #guesswhosleepsinthecellphonelot
    #sendmethehoes

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
    ninja warrior and Rick N. like this.